User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I wanted to go out to walmart this morning to get the killer deal on the ziploc bags, and I figured the early bird gets the worm right? Didnt happen.. I had to wait a bit.. awhile, till after 5 before I could head out. I had great plans in finding the ziploc evo bags.. First WM absolute failure. Nothing, they were all wiped out. I was furious, stormed around the store trying to find the boxes of shipment cause WM had just received a huge shipment. Ever end cap, or display I found the bags were gone!

My mum was with me this time, so bf couldnt come along, plus he was still working. I have a running joke with my family, where if I see cheap toothpaste I have to buy it. So in this case, I bought 3 colgate toothpastes, and 2 mr. clean spray disinfectants.

Onwards, to Langley. We get there, I race off to the ziplocs, again nothing! At this point I figure someone greedy has gone around and wiped all the shelves clean! I really only wanted 5-10 boxes so I can make my care packages for the people on the street. Oh and they are wiped of the olay travel lotions!

Next stop, Surrey. Again... No ziplocs. We didnt even bother to stop and look at anything the store was faarr to busy.

Lastly, White Rock. To, the super center. At this point my mum was dying to go to the bathroom, so we found her that and I raced off to find the ziplocs. I looked down a aisle, look back and saw a women with a huge coupon binder go down the next aisle. I got excited to talk to her, never seen another couponer yet! I watch her and her husband, shovel off ALL the evo bags from the shelves in horror. I could have screamed at her, I just wanted a few. 3 and I would be happy!! Mum found me and we continued on our way out, where once again I decided to buy MORE toothpastes. Down that aisle, just happened to be 2 lonely boxes of evo ziploc bags sitting ontop of my toothpaste.

When we got up to the till, we went through self-checkout. Bad mistake. Everything went fine, till our total hit 2.70 and we still had 3 dollars worth of coupons to redeem. The young girl turns to us and says I cant let the value drop negative, we cant give you money. I turned around and said yes, it is a coupon policy change. She obviously anxious and didnt want to get into trouble finds the customer service manager who then argues with me and my mum that the last coupon policy they received was 2 days ago and said nothing about this. Mum and I just wanted to call it even, adjust the coupon value to 2.70 and let us walk out, its not worth to fight over 30 cents! Even then the customer service manager was hesitant. But let us do it.

So now that I have written a novel. lol. I have several questions to ask.
    1) Does it have to be the evo ziploc bags? Im seeing in your guys brag pictures that the 30 and 50 bag counts work.
    2) Is there any solid pdf version of wm new policy? And how do you stand your ground when someone says no?
    3) Where are the travel size Nexxus shampoo bottles.
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw, I'm so sorry that you didn't get your ziplocs. I managed to go early this morning but even so, I only picked up six (which in all fairness, we go through a lot at my house) out of respect for others.

1)The evo-ziploc bags were on sale, with 50 in a box. I couldn't find any regular bags with 50/box, but they had the regular bags in a larger size which come 30 in a box, also on sale.

2) A PDF of WM's new coupon policy can be found via this thread: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/200743-...almart-canada/.
    I printed it and took it with me this morning, almost as if I knew I'd need it, and it turns out I did. The cashier I went to said no, she's not going to let my apply the overage to my basket. She said "I'll write down the amount of the coupon so you still get the items for free." She blatantly stated "I cannot give you money back or let you use it for the basket." In fact, she insisted that she had to do a separate transaction for the ziplocs. I questioned her reasoning and she stated "it has to be this way." So I pulled out the policy and showed it to her, but she flat out refused to looked at it much less read it. She then told me I'm welcome to go to customer service, which I did.

I had half a mind to stand there until she called a manager or supervisor, but I went to CS out of respect for the line starting to form behind me.

So in terms of standing my ground when someone says no, unfortunately it happens way too often. But I try to plead my case and if the cashier won't listen, I ask to speak to a higher up. I'm sorry that in your case, even the superior wouldn't listen. But definitely carry the policy with you.

When I went to customer service, the manager was appalled that the cashier didn't let me use the overage on my basket. She called the cashier immediately, and I could hear her say "Don't you remember we talked about this a few days ago? Yes, you have to give her money back." Hopefully no one else has to experience what I did at this particular WM.

Haha, looks like I wrote a novel as well.

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Just stack them at london drugs. There are various ziplock coupons out there. I bought 4 boxes of sandwich bags today ( I have 3 teens, yes they get used and fast). The nice thing is London Drugs generally limits, so hoarders can't clean the shelves.

Why doesn't Walmart have limits?
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much! Was a terrible day, usually I have my huge binder with me with some policies, but I didnt have it with me nor did I have the resent policy change. There overages changes back in march! How dare that lady say 2 days ago. Oh well, guess Im calling her manager tomorrow.

What do you mean by,
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post

1)The evo-ziploc bags were on sale, with 50 in a box. I couldn't find any regular bags with 50/box, but they had the regular bags in a larger size which come 30 in a box, also on sale.
    Are the 30/box larger sized, like bag wise or just box? I ran several boxes to the price checker and they were all coming up as the normal prices.

Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    Just stack them at london drugs. There are various ziplock coupons out there. I bought 4 boxes of sandwich bags today ( I have 3 teens, yes they get used and fast). The nice thing is London Drugs generally limits, so hoarders can't clean the shelves.

Why doesn't Walmart have limits?
    I would like to just PM and stack at LD but I would like the overage to pay for some of my things I need for the care packages Im building. And LD wont allow that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The 30/box are larger bag-wise, with the same-sized box.

Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    The 30/box are larger bag-wise, with the same-sized box.
    Wish I knew that before hand =( Oh well, back out I go tomorrow.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I totally understand your frustration.

I understand how coupons work, and honestly, it's like a game.

I feel very guilty using even one coupon because the cashiers take so long reading it and processing it through. I honestly don't know how people to manage to get tons of items for free (or even overages) without any hassle. I suspect, they must have friends working there who are cashiers . There's only so much good luck you can have.

I was angry when I tried to use the $1 off St Ives coupons for the travel size items, and the whole basket was empty. I have been to Walmart in the past and these items are rarely ever sold out. People are claiming not to be hoarders, and wiping out the entire stock LOL!

I genuinely appreciate people who donate these things, or have big families but for the people who don't, and keep it stocked in their basement, I think it's being greedy.

All the stores had the Gillette, St Ives, Dove, Crest coupon tear pads, and ALL of them removed them around roughly the same time when people were posting up deals of how to get these items for free. There's a reason why they have done that, and it is because of people abusing the coupons. When these stores are sending literally hundreds of coupons to redeem from the manufacturer, they must be getting suspicious of fraud and probably not reimbursing them back.
    Last edited by skhel; Sat, May 7th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by skhel View Post
    Hi, I totally understand your frustration.

I understand how coupons work, and honestly, it's like a game.

I feel very guilty using even one coupon because the cashiers take so long reading it and processing it through. I honestly don't know how people to manage to get tons of items for free (or even overages) without any hassle. I honestly suspect, they must have friends working there who are cashiers or just have very good luck.

I was angry too, because I tried to use the $1 off St Ives coupons for the travel size items, and the whole basket was empty. I have been to Walmart in the past and these items are rarely ever sold out, and then people are claiming not to be hoarders, and wiping out the entire stock LOL! (there's a reason why the walmart facial scrubs in particular, as opposed to the other travel size items are completely wiped out)

I genuinely appreciate people who donate these things, or have big families but for the people who don't, and keep it stocked in their basement, I think it's being greedy.

All the stores has the Gillette, St Ives, Dove, Crest tear pads, and ALL of them removed them around roughly the same time when people were posting up deals of how to get these items for free. There's a reason why they have done that, and it is because of people abusing the coupons. When the stores are sending literally hundreds of coupons to redeem from the manufacturer, they must be getting suspicious of fraud and probably not reimbursing them.
    I've been doing couponing since january, and this has honestly been the most frustrating trip! I want to give back to the community, to be a better person. I admit I have a small hoard of toothpastes, it like a stress reliever for me =P But its all going to go into my care packages.

I just wish people would learn manners and not shovel things off into your buggies leaving nothing behind!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I hear ya, I went to both our walmarts today, there wasn't 1 single travel size bottles left for any of the coupons out there, sheesh I only wanted 3 small gilettes lol.
    Ziplocs were all gone as well. It never used to bother me, but now I'm gettin pizzed off. I live out in the country, I shouldn't have to sleep overnight at the store to get 2 boxes of ziploc on sale.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

OH,clip it out!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The first thing I ever bought for free with coupons, I got 10, and my daughter said Dad, if they are free why didn't you buy all off them? Today I live in a 2 bedroom apartment after having a home and also rental property. I went threw a separation but if there if one thing I could tell people its, Greed will come back to haunt you, just like in the stock market, pigs get slaughtered, also giving only also works to a certain point,when it comes to the homeless, That my friend I will let you try to figure the answer out yourself
    Good Luck and after 10 items try to remember PIGS GET............................

OH,clip it out!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart are sold out of everthing on sale the day of the sale in my in my town.Old man walmart is dead but I still curse him every time I GO IN THERE!!!!lol

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

lmao, yep, here too, and they never seem to restock either The mccain cakes that were on for a buck....I never got a 1, and they never restocked, I asked every day.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Bargooney
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are four people in a small apartment so stockpiling is out of the question for us. I just use couponing to help with the items we really do need. Some good points made on this thread. Sometimes it's tempting to take more than you need.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

it is a very frustrating thing. I don't think just cause you have 20 coupons that will get you something free that you should wipe the shelf of it. There are more people out there who are trying to save money by couponing and too many that are greedy and take it all.. leave nothing else for others.

I had this happen with the multibonita.. I went to every shoppers in my town (4 of them!) and NOTHING. I really wanted to try this brand because it is suppose to be really good for fighting off the sickies, which I seem to get ALL the time since doing daycare... not one bottle to be found anywhere and never seemed to be restocked.
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information