User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just wanted to say had a great shop at Walmart this morning using coupons. Cashier was awesome. As I put items on the belt, I placed coupons with them, he was very quick and friendly. No hassles, no questions. He asked me if I saw the show on TV. I told him yes, and could not wait for supercenter to come to Saint John, so I could do all my shopping there. What a great positive experience and oh yes, I saved over 65% on my cleaning supplies.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Is a Supercenter coming to Saint John?

The last news conference in Business Magazine, Walmart stated that they weren't building anymore supercenters but may convert some of the existing stores over. There were not any expansions for the Maritimes and all expansions were going to be Ontario and West.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Since the new policy started I've also had great experiences using coupons at WM Tonight I asked the young guy if you wanted the coupons upfront and he said no at the end is fine. He then asked if I had the ziploc coupons b/c he had seen a lot of them come through today, lol.....ok fess up how many SCers from SJ used them today???

I also heard a Supercenter was going to be opened here.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

do you know if our walmart takes coupons that were printed off line?
    Thanks

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have used printed coupons at Walmart no problem. In fact today I used one for the ziploc bags, and one for the scrubbing bubbles toilet gel, get a toilet duck free.
    The latest I heard from an employee, they are to break ground in 2012, let's keep our fingers crossed it is true. We could sure use one.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I have had no problem using any coupon at walmart, i don't really use my coupons anywhere else, a few here or there but i'll stick with WM from now on.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I also used the Ziploc printable at Walmart but in Fredericton. The cashier said no at first but after checking around with other cashiers she was told that I could use them. I had two of the Ziploc printable. I want to go for more.....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Just went online and on March 30 Walmart announced the expansion of supercenters. They are expanding to compete with Target. Walmarts expansion is slated for 2011-2012 to gain market share before Target(takeover of Zellers to be completed 2014).

I wonder where the supercenter will be located?

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

I don't know where they will be located, but I heard from a long time employee of WM that they had felt the affects of Costco, that the expansion would be complete in 2012, and that the floor space would be larger than Costco.

But really? WHERE will they put this???

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Behind Mcallister Place in the big stretch of woods. Should be intresting once it is built. Thanks for letting me know about the coupons at walmart. I have been dying to use my printable ones but didn't until now. Thanks so much!

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stashley View Post
    Behind Mcallister Place in the big stretch of woods. Should be intresting once it is built. Thanks for letting me know about the coupons at walmart. I have been dying to use my printable ones but didn't until now. Thanks so much!

Wow - building in yet another serious swamp! Thanks for the info.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

To add more to the rumour on location, I have heard they have been buying up land in the golden mile area. As a person who lives already on the overcrowded east side, I think west is a fantastic spot, especially now there are no tolls. Where ever it is built, I am sure it will be busy.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Ahhh...those west siders...lol...always hoping for more on the west side. Unfortunately it would be nice to have more on the west side however there really isn't enough land to have something as big as a supercentre unless they build towards Lorneville. That is the drawback for expansion to the west...lack of land. The land that would have been available is taken by the new Sobeys.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I've heard rumors about them adding a Walmart on the West Side, but I thought that fell through. Would love to see one there though. I would never have to go to the East Side then.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Though I live in KV I would much rather see any new store go west or out this way. There is just no more room for congestion in east SJ!! Unfortunately I think the bridges were burned with walmart in this area (KV) few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information