User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

FYI,

Did anyone else get a $10 promotional card yesterday? Its not an actual gift card and on the back it says "present this card at any Shoppers Drug Mart store and use for payment on your next purchase of $50 or more after discounts and redemptions of Shoppers Optimum Points and before taxes".

I was quite angry after reading this because that doesn't seem fair to have to purchase another $50 in order to redeem the $10 card.

I checked the flyer and the wording on their website and flyer says "...on your next purchase of $10 or more...".

So I called the manager at my local SDM in Ontario and she thinks that it is a misprint on the card and that I shouldn't have a problem redeeming the card on a purchase of $10. I am going to print out the website info to keep with the card in case I have a problem.

Anyone else seen this on their card? Should I complain to their head office on Monday?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I just checked my card and it says the same thing! If its in the flyer saying something else I'm pretty sure they'll honor it...

I shouldn't complain anyway, I got the card after buying a $50 GC for Montanas for Mothers day (so technically I shouldn't have got it anyway?!!)

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Used it today on $19 purchase with no issues =)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    FYI,

Did anyone else get a $10 promotional card yesterday? Its not an actual gift card and on the back it says "present this card at any Shoppers Drug Mart store and use for payment on your next purchase of $50 or more after discounts and redemptions of Shoppers Optimum Points and before taxes".

I was quite angry after reading this because that doesn't seem fair to have to purchase another $50 in order to redeem the $10 card.

I checked the flyer and the wording on their website and flyer says "...on your next purchase of $10 or more...".

So I called the manager at my local SDM in Ontario and she thinks that it is a misprint on the card and that I shouldn't have a problem redeeming the card on a purchase of $10. I am going to print out the website info to keep with the card in case I have a problem.

Anyone else seen this on their card? Should I complain to their head office on Monday?
    I think it looks like a misprint on the card ..but keep the record that you have kept just to be on the safe side

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

At a Shoppers today, I was told it was a misprint and it was the first time she even noticed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I noticed it as well. I hope its just a misprint... but maybe is a sign of things to come for when SDM does this promo again....

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I noticed it as well. I hope its just a misprint... but maybe is a sign of things to come for when SDM does this promo again....
    I'm glad it's a misprint but will be a sad day if that's the route SDM takes with this promo in future.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just got the $10.00 'gift card' with a $50.00 purchase today.....and it now states on the back that it is good on your next visit with a $10.00 purchase.....as was stated in the flyer.......so I guess they have fixed the misprint.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    FYI,

Just checked mine was ready to loose it but mine is the old style I don't have to spend$50 : )
    Total earned to date $2425.00 saving for a trip : )
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Deoxis

Thread Information