User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all!

I was just wondering if I have covered my bases for coupon collection. I have signed up to just about all of the recommended online coupon sites, I have saved the dates for redplum and smart save flyer inserts, I have begun collecting the flyers that come out on Thursdays....am I missing anything? Is there anything in the newspapers (besides redplum and smart source)? Does anyone find coupons in other places?

cheers!
    Kathy
    This thread is currently associated with: Red Plum, Smart Source

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Kathy!
    Others seem to have success with in store tear off pad coupons, I can never find them. All the product displays I see seem to be advertisments, not coupons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I go for a walk through Calgary Co-op, Safeway, SDM, Rexall and of course check out Coupon Zone at RCSS to see if I can stack the CZ and the MC together on the item. Check out the flyers as they come out... or rather as they are posted and see what my list is going to be for items that I want to get cheaper or free when the flyers start here.
    Check out printable coupons as well. (i.e. Ziploc bags 2 for $4 off but am yet unable to use this one as the stores I have gone to are all sold out! )
    Check out what items to purchase for a coupon included (i.e. Charmin TP with the $20 worth of coupons)
    Good luck!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ooooh good tip about buying items with coupons included~~thanks!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Kathy;

Sorry I missed the dates for redplum and smart save flyer inserts. Are these the flyers that come to your home?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi I'm James and new to this as well. You say u get coupons on thursday? which paper are they in by chance? Thank you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pachecs View Post
    Hi I'm James and new to this as well. You say u get coupons on thursday? which paper are they in by chance? Thank you
    Not all areas get them. Lots of communities in the NW don't. I contacted flyer force and they said that they aren't delivered to certain areas. Boo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i signed up with flyerforce online and called and left a voicemail. Gave my home address and phone number both times. I didn't get a confirmation of service in my area or anything. Just sat back waited until the following Thursday/Friday and came home to flyers on my steps. The first weekend I got the flyers there was no coupons just flyers but when the last flyers came out last week - there was a Red Plum inside!!! I did however a week after I started getting flyers got a phone call from flyerforce to ask if there was any problems to call them. good luck!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I look in stores, too. SDM usually has a good selection... I dont find many in grocery stores though, but once in a while something good comes along.

Yesterday in RCSS I bought two 525g boxes of rice krispies (wub2 get free marshmallows) plus both of the boxes I chose have coupons for yogurt on them (figured the yogurt is a higher price value than the bananas etc) plus the cereal was on sale for $3.49 or something, which is a pretty good price anyway (especially when you dont have coupons for it)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also - just thought of the Entertainment Book And STUP Books...they usually have great coupons for local grocery stores!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by keberle View Post
    ooooh good tip about buying items with coupons included~~thanks!!!!
    I almost can't even buy anything anymore that doesn't come with a coupon on it!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Just wanted to let you all know that this week in calgary okotoks High River new tear pad coupons will be going up in safeway Co-op Shopper's Drug mart canadian tire and zeller's. Hope this helps you find those tear pads.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Calgary Co-Op Shawnessy had some good tearaways yesterday! Check out the Hamburger Helper coupon deal...$3.00 off hamburger (coupon on the box) - also I just heard that someone in Silverado is using e-coupons off their club card at one of the grocery stores. Has anyone heard about this?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A few tips on coupons:
    1. flyer force is hit or miss if you will get any coupons in it. They do different neighborhoods and from what I was told it is dictated by the coupon company. In a couple of years I think I have only got coupons in my flyer force maybe 6 times.
    2. Coupons are usually put out about every 30 days (usually near the end of the month). As a courtesy to other coupon users please don't take more than you plan on using. It is very tempting to take a bunch when you see a new coupon but if every one does that after just a few people there will be none left. Also if you need a bunch because you plan on stocking up consider going to other stores so you spread out your coupon collecting.

3. Coupon inserts usually come out on Saturdays in the Herald and Sundays in the Sun. If you plan on picking any extra up at a store make sure you check inside first, some people think it is ok to just take the inserts without buying a paper. Also some stores don't always get inserts in their papers so make sure you check.

4. Keep checking the "coupons" tab at the top of SC. Many times there are coupons offered through facebook or on product websites and other members will post them. Remember that photocopying printable coupons is fraud so don't just print a coupon and photocopy a bunch more. If the printable is offered unlimited you can print more off their site.

5. Remember you can request coupons every week off of the go coupon website.

6. Don't forget to keep your eyes open for coupons on packaging. There have been some really good ones lately like $5 ice cream and the $3 off ground beef on hamburger helper (remember though you do need to buy another pkg of HH to get the $3 off hamburger)

Hope this helps Happy couponing everyone
    Last edited by tdjca; Mon, May 23rd, 2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: wouldn't let me use the link for go coupon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know this isn't for everyone, but if you don't have any hangups about doing it, "dumpster diving" at the recycling bins is a great way to find inserts. It's amazing how many you can find in there.. people just throw them out.
    Also, stores will often dump their day old unsold newspapers in there.. so if you go the day after inserts come out, you could find LOTS.
    I dumpster dive, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I never have money to buy the paper, anyways.

Thread Information