User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MAC Computer??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello all,

My husband is on the market for a new MAC computer. Does anyone know if Apple ever sends out rebates/deals or coupons to aid in the purchase?

Thanks all.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    133 (100%)

we are mac lovers and have purchased any mac products over the years and have never seen mac on sale or any other discount or rebate.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I don't recall seeing anything like that either...

The only thing I can think of is that if you have connections with a university student or someone in the education field you might be able to get some sort of a discount or promo offer...

I know my sister bought a mac when she was in university and they had a promo (in the fall) that you got a free ipod touch and printer when you bought it... and a friend of mine is an educator and he would be able to get a discount if he ordered through his school...

Bargooney
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could always go for a refurbished mac. They have a link on their website to see all their offerings in this department.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks everyone!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mac does have deals sometimes. I got a FREE Ipod and a FREE printer when I purchased my Mac Book Pro last September. Although that is because I am a student. Also, you can go through the airmiles website and it will link you through to the mac online store, that way you can earn airmiles when you purchase your computer.
    If you ever get the choice, I hope you dance

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I bought a refurb macbook (not pro) 3 years ago and I LOVE it! It has been far better than any PC I've had -- we have 3 other PC's in our home but my macbook is the only one I use on a regular basis.
    You can still get Apple Care (apple's warranty) on the refurbished ones, and I've never replaced the battery or had any problems with it whatsoever in the almost 4 years I've had it. AppleCare covered the warranty recall on my keyboard so I took it in and they redid some stuff and I added some ram but that's the only time it's ever been to the Help desk.
    I love it, seriously, my hubby jokes it's the 3rd wheel in our marriage cause I go everywhere with it.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mac will never fail to guarantee satisfaction among its users and with the conveniences that usually goes with every Mac product, for sure, you wpuld not really mind spending extra for it!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We were at the Mac store once and asked about the educational discount (if it applied to distance education students). It didn't because we didn't have a student card, but the employee said that since he mentioned it, he'd give it to us.

We still don't qualify as students in their books, and actually, we were the ones that "mentioned" it. We were also able to get the programs online with the student discount by sending in a copy of the transcript (one course). Double discount, pretty Mac. I'm confused but not complaining.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Future Shop usually does 50 bucks off on there customer appreciation sale, not sure when the last one was but they have them every few months.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

also if you buy from future shop the upgrades are a lot cheaper then if you buy from mac. i.e upgrading the ram or hard drive.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Apple does not do "sales". But sometimes you can luck out and find a deal.

The student discount does indeed apply. My husband found a bit of a loophole:

He is a student, so he could have gotten a Macbook Pro for cheaper than in stores by purchasing it at school. He had access to the pricing at his school, so he went into Future Shop. They offer price-matching. So they not only price-matched the Macbook with his school, but also knocked another 10% off!

I'm not guaranteeing this will work as you need to be able to prove the educational price, but give it a shot if you can!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The refurbs are a great choice I think. Also when they introduce the new product line the old stuff drops in price. If you are concerned about it's reliability their normal and extended warrantys are know to be very good. For anything under $2k I wouldn't buy the extended (applecare) but from there on up I would. Two years from now if u drop it and crack the screen that's when it pays off.

Don't be fooled by a Free Ipod and printer though. That apple tax gives them a heathly profit margin to "give" you these perks.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Check for corporate/employee discounts with your employer or your husbands. I used to work for one of the big banks and we got an employee discount off macs.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

To the OP, where do you live? There's an authorized Mac reseller in burlington. They're all refurbed and as good as new, you get more bang for your buck PLUS free programs the original owner paid to put on it, so you could luck out with a high priced photoshop and iWorks. I can't remember what it's called but if you're close to Burlington, send me a PM and I'll look up the info for you. If not, try to find an Apple autoirized reseller in your area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information