User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hiii..

Sorry about this but I couldn't see this answered clearly since the cash register change...

I bought something during a 20x event and want to return it (game/not opened) but want to keep my points otherwise I wouldn't have bought the other item at that time.... (I just wanted the points thus I purchased 2 items that day).... Will all my 20x points go away? or just the 20x on that the game? .... Could I not replace it with something of the same value so I don't have to loose points?

Sorry and thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

you will loose the points as they will ask for your card an scan it...
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, May 11th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was hoping that I would keep the points for my other purchase (20x points)..as I bought both products for the sake of getting 20x ...if that is the case, I would want to return both ..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You can do an exchange if you want to keep the points. Tell the cashier that and she'll call the manager over to enter the code for exchange. As long as you get the equivalent in dollar amount you won't loose the points.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I understand why you shouldn't just buy stuff to get points and then return it but I'm curious if a SDM would refuse to take something back if they ask for your Optimum card and you say "I don't have it with me".

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

With the new cash register, the receipt has barcode on it, they don't even need your Optimum card when you return something, they just scan the receipt, and the points (regular and bonus points) will be taken off right away, I exchanged something for the same price but it still took off my points! Well, it's fair though, no complaining!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting... what happens if you have already redeemed the points? Do you go into the negative?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    Interesting... what happens if you have already redeemed the points? Do you go into the negative?
    Yes, hubby's card is -2300 & I have not use it since.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post

lol...I guess that makes sense....but who would want to continue to use a card thats in negative? ..unless Shoppers limits the amount of cards per house?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post

lol...I guess that makes sense....but who would want to continue to use a card thats in negative? ..unless Shoppers limits the amount of cards per house?
    Well I am glad I bought the right insoles that were on sale last week then. What an amazing deal those were. 2 for $17.99 and usually 1 for $14.99 but I wasn't entirely sure they were the ones DH wanted. Turns out they are and yay!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

With the old registers, you won't lose the bonus points, just the regular points. Just before Christmas, I bought a digital camera on a 18,500 bonus day, and then found out we were getting one for Christmas. I returned it, expecting the bonus points to be deducted, but they weren't. I checked my receipts for a month or so after, thinking that they would deduct them later, but they were still there! I wasn't trying to scam the system, I just didn't want two cameras, and was fully expecting the points to go bye bye. I might have been lucky, but maybe that's the way it is with the old machines.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

With the old registers, it really depends on the stores, one store took back my bonus points when I had to return something, while another store no; but with the new registers, there's a barcode on the receipt, I don't know how return works.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikedealsss View Post
    With the old registers, it really depends on the stores, one store took back my bonus points when I had to return something, while another store no; but with the new registers, there's a barcode on the receipt, I don't know how return works.
    in my experience, they scanned the receipt, the base points was taken, the bonus points earned on that receipt was adjusted right away, no Optimum card was needed to be scanned either!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Thread Information