User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Laser Hair Removal??

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I had my under arms done about 4 years ago. I have fair skin and dark hair. I noticed an improvement after each session. It took 6 sessions (once a month) and the end results were fantastic. Still no hair but they did mention that some people will need another session or two every year if they have new hair growth.

I had a really cheap promo price so I was a little nervous. The girl was fantastic. She showed me her certificate and discussed her training with me. It was a little painful but very quick. I did not experience any burns. I would recommend it.
    Mia likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its real waste of money, don't try it

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I have been doing it for years. It all depends on the skin type and the laser type being used. I found after 1 treatment that the hair on my forehead and temples were gone(and have not come back) but my chin and cheeks took longer. There is pain, especially if you do it at "that time of the month." I would recommend it to anyone.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am taking laser hair removal treatment from months, as like A1lexis and many other women I too hated shaving. Yet I have completed more than 50 % of the treatment and soon my treatment will be over. I am very happy with the result of my treatment. Best thing about this is its very comfortable and quick. I think if you will take your treatment at right place and experienced doctor then good result is a guarantee.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Has anyone had any experience with laser hair removal of lighter hair? I have a lot of facial hair that I would like to get removed but its very light colored hair. I've done some research and most places say it won't work with lighter colored hair and I didn't understand why.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Lasers apparently don't work well on lighter coloured hair - something about the pigmentation. I had it done on the back of my neck. Hurt like a b*tch but it was several years ago and they're always improving the lasers. There are different types, too - some hurt a lot more than others. I'd love to have my legs done.
    Arch_Dandy likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    Lasers apparently don't work well on lighter coloured hair - something about the pigmentation. I had it done on the back of my neck. Hurt like a b*tch but it was several years ago and they're always improving the lasers. There are different types, too - some hurt a lot more than others. I'd love to have my legs done.
    Yeah thats what I've read, about the pigmentation. *sigh* I wish it did work on lighter hair. Thanks for the reply.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've done it, and it works great! You're the best candidate also (light skin and dark coarse hair) so you'll get great results.

I would be skeptical about where you get it done though...usually places who sell you "packages" (ie 3 sessions) or whatever are scam places with poor equipment and untrained technicians.
    I got mine done through a reputable clinic run by a plastic surgeon, and i've never had a problem. I got my legs, bikini, and underarms done, and after the second treatment I noticed such a big difference. I've had 4 done on all areas over the course of a year or so, and I never have to shave now.

Again, going to a good place isn't always the cheapest, but wouldn't you rather pay more to have good, long-lasting (and safe) results than spending less and essentially just throwing your money down the drain?

The clinic I went to offers free consultations also, so i'd recommend finding a place that does so and you'll be able to sit down with someone, learn how it actually works, understand risks etc and get a clearly defined outline of how much you'd be paying in the long run. Then you can decide if it's worth it for you!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are planning for Laser hair removal treatment go for cosmetic surgeons with good experience and professionals specially for Laser treatments.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Laser Hair removal treatment is in trend for getting rid of unwanted hairs. Contact Professional Cosmetic surgeons for this treatment.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Dandy View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with laser hair removal of lighter hair? I have a lot of facial hair that I would like to get removed but its very light colored hair. I've done some research and most places say it won't work with lighter colored hair and I didn't understand why.
    Y

Yea, unfortunately most lasers don't work with lighter hair. The reason for this is because there isn't enough pigment to absorb the heat and may lead to burns. Have you ever considered at hone laser hair removal? I have blonde hair and used the Tanda one and it removed most of my hair. It works with all skin and hair colors, you can read some more info about home laser machines here if you need help finding something. I was just so sick of shelling out tons of money in spas and found it more economical to do it at home.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering.
    Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light. That destroys the hair.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find it helps but the hair doesn't go away permanently. It isn't to painful. I find it worked best on the legs. other areas not as much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information