User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, glad I haven't tried the ice cream coupon yet. Well if they try to say it can only be General Mills ice cream then just get Haagan-Dazs ice cream because they make that ice cream but then again I guess the $5 limit could be a problem as it is pretty pricey.

I will just be sure to ensure to point out the "ANY brand, up to $5 value" on it if they question me, anyway.
    Hi, I am new to savings. Tips and advice are appreciated.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I must have used 10 ice cream coupons at sobeys and haven't had a hitch - I also haven't paid for ice cream directly in weeks! I've uses it for compliments frozen yougart, ice cream bars, BOGO promotions as well

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've used the general mills icecream coupons at both dominion & sobeys no problems. I couldn't use them at Shoppers eventho they sell the cereal.. go figure!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just wondering if any of you guys used the $2 off (internet printed coupon) for advil at shoppers this past weekend? I purchased 4 on Sunday no problems; however, I went back on Monday to buy some cereal, using two websaver coupons. The cashier looked at me & said I can only use one! she said I can only use one because the codes on them are the same! now i'm totally confused...why can't I use both of them again? she asked the cashier next to her if okay & the other cashier said yes they are okay.. The 1st cashier proceeded to tell me "sorry we are on coupon alert here today b/c of the advil coupons.. we had major issues with those yesterday" I didn't say anything to her & left the store feeling like I was a theft for using coupons!! I don't understand.. I looked through several of my coupons & the ones I have the same of, all have the same code on them. These are all websaver, save.ca & brandsaver coupons.. I have a feeling that shoppers will be changing their coupon policy soon to exclude internet printed coupons..
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Wed, Jul 13th, 2011 at 08:01 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've used Multibonita printed coupon at shoppers once i think - but not advil. I also tried to use their bonus coupons from their site and unless it was printed in color - the computer didn't seem to register it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only have 2 of the ice cream coupons and haven't used either yet - no room in the freezer 050937k2 I noticed you said you used them for Compliments ice cream. What size and what Sobey's did you go to? I was wondering about using them for the 4L No Name tub at Dominion (or the 4L tub at Walmart) but wasn't sure they'd take it. Has anyone done this or is most everyone else going with the brand names? I know technically it shouldn't matter what type, but you all know what some of those cashiers are like....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjlewis14 View Post
    I only have 2 of the ice cream coupons and haven't used either yet - no room in the freezer 050937k2 I noticed you said you used them for Compliments ice cream. What size and what Sobey's did you go to? I was wondering about using them for the 4L No Name tub at Dominion (or the 4L tub at Walmart) but wasn't sure they'd take it. Has anyone done this or is most everyone else going with the brand names? I know technically it shouldn't matter what type, but you all know what some of those cashiers are like....

I've only used those coupons on brand names although I'm pretty sure the coupon states "any brand" so no name should not be a problem.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used them on the 1.89 L strawberry compliments frozen yougart at the Sobeys on Elizabeth Ave / Torbay Road mostly. (we love smoothies). Sobeys also had a BOGO on ice cream bars (like polar bars) and i've used them for that too (it took a little explaining but eventually it worked!)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have used the coupons at sobeys and dominion not a problem.
    Never even thought about using it for a b1g1 sale. so the coupon would be your buy 1 and the store would be your get 1. am I right?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes - so because they inflate prices for the BOGO, the ice cream was 5.99 or something, so i got the $5,00 off and for 99 cents got 2 boxes of ice cream treats! :D

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh ok. understandable. thanx

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And with all that ice cream eating.......wal mart finally got the crest 88 cent toothpaste on the shelves so with the 75 cents off coupon they are only 13 cents

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wow...13cents is an excellent deal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers has Multibonita vitamins on clearance - 8.99 and 15.99 - with the $10 coupon it is free (or cheap)! And 20 times the points is tomorrow as well. They also have triamenic softchews on clearance / blow out with expiry dates for 2012 and 2013. I didn't have any trouble with my coupon on Torbay road.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just getting back from what I think was a pretty good savings trip. Hubby and I are just getting started but we can already see the benefits. Of course though, we aren't too great at it yet.

We used our "Free Ice Cream" coupon at the Sobey's in Mount Pearl today. Didn't have a problem at all. We got Breyer's because it is usually like around $8.99 but on sale for $4.99 so we basically got a $9 ice cream for free.

While at the Dominion in Mount Pearl they were giving out samples of Lean Cuisine meals which they gave us each a coupon for $1.50 off of them. The ones they had a sample of are on for $2.49 each (something like $1.30 off) so we got them for $.99 each. Be on the look out for Shreddies, I don't know if anyone likes them but the back of the box has at least 10 coupons for Glad products.

I will just list some of the things we got on sale from each store today!

Dominion:
    Lean Cuisine Spa - $.99 each (on sale for $2.49 but bought 2 and used 2x$1.50 coupon)
    Pepsi cans - 3 for $10 ($3.33 each)
    12 pc. Fish Cake - $2
    Smuckers Jam - $3 (medium sized jar saved $1.99)
    Dominion Chicken Tenders - 8pc for $5.99 ($2 off)
    **Coupons found on back of box of Shreddies for Glad products**

No Frills:
    2pk McCains Deluxe - $4.97
    2pk McCains Pepperoni - $4.97
    Kraft Dinner - $.99
    **Coupon found on Old El Paso taco kits (offer for free Old El Paso salsa with next purchase of Old El Paso taco kit)**

Sobey's:
    Rice Krispie Treats - 2 for $5
    Olymel Wieners - $2.79
    Breyer's Ice Cream - FREE!! ($4.99 usually $8.99 savings of $9)
    Pillsbury Mini Pizzas - 2 for $5
    Koolaid Jammers - BOGO free
    2 lt Pepsi - BOGO free
    Ben's Xtra - BOGO free
    Navel Oranges - 2 for $1 (got 4)
    **Coupon found on Hamburger Helper boxes, (save $3 off hamburger with next hamburger helper purchase) Look in back as hubby found they are trying to hide them**
    Last edited by amlsaver; Fri, Jul 15th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Hi, I am new to savings. Tips and advice are appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information