User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I also took the class (yup, even paid $25 for it!) and was glad I did. Couple problems though. First, I think she's creating some monsters (good LUCK finding a tearpad with a few coupons on it!). Second, the "restrcited area" of the blog is mostly a joke and as soon as the deal gets posted on her blog you can bet the shelves are cleared. Also, you are told NOT to speak about the class details to ANYBODY, you tell them to take her class (like, um, who made her the queen coupon ruler?!). Lastly...if I knew about SC earlier I could've figured it out with help from this community. There really IS too much of a good thing and I sure those classes ease off a bit. That's just my 2 cents!
    Last edited by bucksaver; Thu, May 12th, 2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: i wasn't done but my finger spazzed out!

Couponing is addictive...please enjoy responsibly

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I took the class last October and i thought it was awesome. before i took it i did not know of SC or well anything as a matter of fact so in that aspect it as awesome but i could have saved money if someone just said " check out SC!" lol but it was awesome, lots of good knowledge but it was nice coz she tought in a few hours what would have taken days or weeks to get off of here but the only down side was there was a huge boom or couponers and it was kind of ok until well here at least there a few girls that totally go crazy and i know one that was in the same class as me that went to the dark side and the stores have got stricter and meaner but i just keep my head down and try adn shop and prey every time i go out it all works out!

so there's good points and bad points to the class but my main tip is, if you already know of SC id save your money! its the hole point to couponing isn't it! lol
    ~ SwagBucks ~
    Total Coupon Savings Since Nov.17,2010:$4760.11

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

i agree, if you are short on time the class might be good. however, i learned everything i needed to on this site but it did take some time to learn it and i am still learning

totally personal thing

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

I totally think it's a personal preferance on your own "learning styles".

I do have a c ouple alternate suggestions though. In the past, and maybe even now, there have been "adopt a newbie" threads. Even posting in the welcome lounge that you would like some help and advice will most likely bring many outstretched hands. I have found the SC community very warm and helpful, especially when I was new and learning!

Another route, if you find hands on teaching more helpful, is to post in your "local" section. Many communities have local coupon meetings, and those are wonderful opportunities to meet new friends, have questions answered, and share great coupons! I have set up "shopping dates" this way, that would be a great way for you to learn more "in action". Hope this helps, good luck!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksaver View Post
    you are told NOT to speak about the class details to ANYBODY
    LOL it's like fight club.

The first rule of coupon class is you do not talk about coupon class.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I personally don't have a problem with a course either. I agree that it depends on your learning style. I learn better independently so using Smartcanucks is perfect for me. It could be interesting to pick the brain of a seasoned couponer, if you don't have a lot of experience with coupons yet. It would be great for young people too.

Depending on how you look at it though, it may seem dishonest to charge money for something that you can get for free (ie the information available online). However, keep in mind that there would be a cost involved in putting together an event like that. You are not just paying for the information which may or may not be available online for free. There might be snacks and coffee, printouts and other "props." Maybe there is a location fee too. You are paying someone to organize all sorts of stuff.

There's only so much stuff you can get through reading and/or websurfing. There's a lot to be said for a hands-on, visual, live experience. You just need to do your research and hope that you found a class the suits your needs. A good class will have a good course description and deliver what it promises.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post

lol. That's funny. But I can sort of see what they mean. They want people to keep signing up for their class. They probably don't want others to steal their business idea either. It's not easy to offer something truly unique. There's a lot of competition out there!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

LMAO that cracked me up! Whats the teacher gonna do beat you?

Seriously, its just a quick way to make a buck, you can learn it all here for free.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccjensen View Post
    I'm glad my random thought became such a discussion!!

Next random thought... who is paying $35 for a Coupon Binder?
    Hm... not me. I'll stick with my recycled envelope.

HAHAHa - wonder if she uses the Duck Tape freebie in zebra print?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Do you have to sign a non disclosure?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information