User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jul 21st, 2011
    I just need some feedback please !I am running a train and one of the cars has seemed to have derailed its been about 16 days since sent. Do I send out another train or do I just wait has anyone had a car of their train become completly lost.

HELP!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

16 days actually feels long but I have had trains take more than 3 weeks to get to the next rider so personally I would bump my thread and wait for a bit ....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes wait for a bit -i have always sent a replacement-but it is up to you -to do whatever you want

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I'm having this same problem on a few of my trains and they do seem to show back up on track. It's taken a month to move from 1st to 3rd person on one. Crazy.
    I see why many or 3 or 4 riders.

I think I'll cut down sizes of trains in the future.
    I'd wait. Hope it gets back on track.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    267 (100%)

I've had issues with 1 rider keeping the train for a month and then sending it on even tho they said they sent it a month earlier , I just wait about a month - month and a half before sending a replacement. Sometimes CP is just slow... Other times you got a lazy person on your train.
    Click here to view my Wishlist & Tradelist!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Teenah20 View Post
    I've had issues with 1 rider keeping the train for a month and then sending it on even tho they said they sent it a month earlier , I just wait about a month - month and a half before sending a replacement. Sometimes CP is just slow... Other times you got a lazy person on your train.
    Wow holding it for a month!? I could only guess why someone would that is to see if sales come up and try to use those coupons? Which I don't agree with by no means, but why else would someone hold onto it for so long. Since now you know the rider doing this, for future can you say "no" if they post for one of your future trains?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    12 (93%)

Quote Originally Posted by amommy View Post
    Wow holding it for a month!? I could only guess why someone would that is to see if sales come up and try to use those coupons? Which I don't agree with by no means, but why else would someone hold onto it for so long. Since now you know the rider doing this, for future can you say "no" if they post for one of your future trains?

i also dont agree with this, as a new person to trains most people will not accept me on their train because i dont have a high enough ratings, yet its ok for someone to be on a train and hold it for a month?
    if you are going to hold up a train, you shouldnt get to be on it

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was thinking of putting together like 4 or 5 envelops with some good tear pad coupons from bc if any one would be willing to do a switch get some different coupons. the only rule is they must be good out here too, some times ontario has it's own coupons msg me if your interested thanks KALI

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I had one train go "missing" for about 17 days. It was only travelling about 2 hours away (usually takes, what, 3 days?) Anyhoo, they had posted that they sent it out on the same day they received it, but the next rider PMd me to say that the post mark was about 11 days after the first rider had said. Possible that it got stuck in a mail box, but since they were supposed to be weighed and mailed from the post office, it's unlikely. The person had a fairly high trade rating, so I had no reason to think they wouldn't do a good job. Boo!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    267 (100%)

The person in my post, has held up a lot of trains, but only when she has a train going of her own (mostly VWT) to see which coupons she can give to her own passengers instead of using the coupons she has on hand.
    Click here to view my Wishlist & Tradelist!

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Having recently been a victim of CP (my envie on a VWT went missing) I have more understanding when these things happen. I recently had an envie take almost 3 weeks to go within the province of NS (not a long distance). I was sure it was lost, but no, it made it. It's hard to be patient and not jump to conclusions, but sometimes it just takes longer for whatever reason, and sometimes envelopes genuinely get lost.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I guess trains get derailed is normal (or should I say common now). Your choice is either send a replacement train to the next passenger on the list or simply WAIT.

Thread Information