User Tag List

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Hi fellow BC/Vancouver residents!

Be a tourist in BC (though it seems more like it's mainly for the lower mainland) and visit popular BC tourist attractions for free for the month of May. Everyday there will be a different attraction where you can download tickets for 2 and go the next day for free.

I was only recently told this and am a bit sad that it's already May 19th and apparently I've missed 17 days of free tourist attractions for our beautiful city!

Here's the info directly from Tourism Vancouver:

Are you ready to Be A Tourist In your Own Town? Tourism Vancouver and the city's world class attractions invite locals to experience what the rest of the world already knows - that we have the most diverse and amazing attractions and experiences out there. This month is your chance to play tourist in your own city - enjoy it!
    Starting May 2, click on the link below to download the offer for the next day's participating attraction. Too slow? All the coupons gone for today? Don't worry - there are a ton of secondary offers available to keep you going through the whole month.
    Here’s how it works: each day you can download a coupon for free admission for two people that is valid for the following day at the participating attraction.
    And remember that each time you download one of the offers you will be entered to snag our grand prize package of 4 admission tickets to each of the attractions taking part in the promotion.
    Tweet us (@myvancouver) how your day of playing tourist goes, write on our wall (www.facebook.com/InsideVancouver), or send us your favourite picture for our Flickr group (www.flickr.com/groups/insidevancouver).
    We live in the best city in the world - get out there and enjoy it!
    Starting May 02, we will publish a link in this box each day. Click the link to download your coupon.

Read more: http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visi...#ixzz1Mp8S0pPK

Today's attraction May 19th is for the Vancouver Maritime Museum.

I'm excited about the Maplewood Farms one. I think my little guy would love it. I just hope I didn't miss it already!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting this. I'm always looking for things to do and this will be perfect especially with the beautiful weather that were finally getting here!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

oooohhh...wondering what's going to be for holiday Monday??? Would love the zoo or Science World. Thanks for posting.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hell's Gate would be good too!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Thanks, heard about this on the radio but keep forgetting to look into it. Emailed this to myself so I wont forget now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

thanks op!

Senior Canuck ShoestringShopper's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks! We love doing touristy things right here at home, especially when they're free

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow, this is my first time viewing this! Major bummer.

Kitsilano Kiddo
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, here's the reality...

They are supposed to release the new coupon everyday at 7am. This morning, the site was hammered and most people got an error message.

Once you find out what it is, you can fill out a form with your details and then you get a download of a coupon.

The problem is, you have no idea what the terms are. Most have been for the next day. Some are for a longer period. You have no idea until you download the coupon.

Yesterday, it was the Vancouver Art Gallery. I downloaded the coupon and then found out the terms: it was only good for the next day for admission from 10am to noon! Two hours!

I thought for sure it must have been a typo...how ludicrous is it to offer free admission for just two hours? But no, that was what the terms were.
    If you are an average Vancouverite like me, you probably can't rush over to the art gallery at 10 to 12. I had hoped to go after work and check it out before it closed at 5.

Meanwhile, other people were complaining because the coupons ran out quite early. I'm sure that some of those people who were able to get those coupons were like me, not able to take advantage of them because of the two hour window.

They offer a secondary coupon to those who are not able to get the free coupon and it's for half off usually but it has a longer period.

If you are hoping to take advantage over the long weekend, I would get on the computer at 7am and hope you can beat the other people...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks for sharing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dlkbc1 View Post
    Okay, here's the reality...

They are supposed to release the new coupon everyday at 7am. This morning, the site was hammered and most people got an error message.

Once you find out what it is, you can fill out a form with your details and then you get a download of a coupon.

The problem is, you have no idea what the terms are. Most have been for the next day. Some are for a longer period. You have no idea until you download the coupon.

Yesterday, it was the Vancouver Art Gallery. I downloaded the coupon and then found out the terms: it was only good for the next day for admission from 10am to noon! Two hours!

I thought for sure it must have been a typo...how ludicrous is it to offer free admission for just two hours? But no, that was what the terms were.
    If you are an average Vancouverite like me, you probably can't rush over to the art gallery at 10 to 12. I had hoped to go after work and check it out before it closed at 5.

Meanwhile, other people were complaining because the coupons ran out quite early. I'm sure that some of those people who were able to get those coupons were like me, not able to take advantage of them because of the two hour window.

They offer a secondary coupon to those who are not able to get the free coupon and it's for half off usually but it has a longer period.

If you are hoping to take advantage over the long weekend, I would get on the computer at 7am and hope you can beat the other people...
    Yeah...I saw that too...there was a comment on their facebook page complaining about it and they clarified that you had to arrive at the gallery in between 10am and noon, but could stay as long as you wanted after that. A little confusing as I would have read it like you - 2 hours to spend there.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

May 20: Fort Langley National Historic Site

Kat
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

preciousqt - just downloaded the coupon for Maplewood Farm for tomorrow - thought I would let you know so you don't miss it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Burnaby Village Museum for tomorrow...

Thread Information