User Tag List

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

because I had trimmed off the excess paper. The cashier and her supervisor both said that because they could not see the http/url that they could have been copied. I insisted that the http/url would be the SDM site but to no avail.

What is the point of having printable coupons from your OWN website when you don't trust that they are legitimate?

I understand fraudulent Internet coupons being a big problem, but when they are printed and presented for the exact items shown and described in the store coupon, then the biggest problem is the store itself.

Also, I had been in the SAME store two days earlier and used cutout bonus point coupons without a problem!!

I took my BP coupons to another SDM store and the cashier couldn't have been nicer, her biggest concern was that the coupons would not scan because she had been having a problem all day with coupon barcodes not scanning. And even better, I was shopping with a friend who was $8.00 short of the $75/18,500 bonus points level and she pointed that out to my friend. With a little bit of goodwill and little effort, she had two satisfied customers and got a little more revenue for her store. Good lesson for all cashiers...know your promos and encourage not discourage customers and it is a win/win for everyone!!

baggypants
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's just nuts Shoppers not taking a coupon that's just for Shoppers.I had that problem once with a money off coupon that's for a product that's only sold in Shoppers they wouldn't take the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

some of the stores have changed to new cash register system. cashier told me that she has been having trouble doing all sorts of transactions that were no problem before like scanning internet cpns.

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I was refused once one year ago and always give them the whole coupon now.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

The new ePOS system has many flaws. It's difficult to scan coupons if its fuzzy. If you have problems with your cashier, just try a different one at another location.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh No! I work at Shoppers and with all the negative remarks, I am not looking forward to getting these new tills. We just used to put in 2001 for coupons. We never scan them. Wonder if this is new with the new tills. Have also heard that there is no training! How crazy is that??? Feel sorry for the cashiers too. We are just as frustrated as the customer. Sometimes even more so. We do want our customers to get the best deal that they can!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carleigh View Post
    Oh No! I work at Shoppers and with all the negative remarks, I am not looking forward to getting these new tills. We just used to put in 2001 for coupons. We never scan them. Wonder if this is new with the new tills. Have also heard that there is no training! How crazy is that??? Feel sorry for the cashiers too. We are just as frustrated as the customer. Sometimes even more so. We do want our customers to get the best deal that they can!
    You will still put 2001 for coupons. Only BP points need to be scanned

Thread Information