User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I went into LD to do my shopping today. I always go on sunday nights cause there's a cashier that I really like and she's couponer as well. This specific location is very lenient too. So I always have a good time there. Well, I walked in today and saw her and the assistant manager helping 2 couponers. After she was done she came up to me and said that the girls are going to get her in trouble. I guess they had a problem with stacking their coupons and they said to the assistant manager that "we heard that this store is very lenient with coupons, that's why we come here". I guess they were trying to get their way with the stacking. Well my whole point here is to ask our fellow couponers to please be nice to our cashiers. Especially the good ones, I know we come across some bad ones every now and then but if you kill them with your kindness maybe they will eventually like couponers!! If you normally get away with certain purchases then great for you, but if the management gets involved lets not try to make the situation worst for the cashiers or sooner or later we won't get to stack anymore Just try another time with another cashier.

I don't want to be an a$$ about this but just my thought.

Hope everyone find good deals this week!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, London Drugs

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

which London Drugs did that happen at? Some people are unbelievable...

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kayma View Post
    I went into LD to do my shopping today. I always go on sunday nights cause there's a cashier that I really like and she's couponer as well. This specific location is very lenient too. So I always have a good time there. Well, I walked in today and saw her and the assistant manager helping 2 couponers. After she was done she came up to me and said that the girls are going to get her in trouble. I guess they had a problem with stacking their coupons and they said to the assistant manager that "we heard that this store is very lenient with coupons, that's why we come here". I guess they were trying to get their way with the stacking. Well my whole point here is to ask our fellow couponers to please be nice to our cashiers. Especially the good ones, I know we come across some bad ones every now and then but if you kill them with your kindness maybe they will eventually like couponers!! If you normally get away with certain purchases then great for you, but if the management gets involved lets not try to make the situation worst for the cashiers or sooner or later we won't get to stack anymore Just try another time with another cashier.

I don't want to be an a$$ about this but just my thought.

Hope everyone find good deals this week!!
    I agree with and support your thoughts!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

hmmm, I can see your point, just from what she said it sounds bad, but that might have been me! lol

I was at the currents LD right at closing, I did say that and I was there with a girlfriend. I went to CS first before doing any shopping to clarify exactly what they would do and what they wouldn't and straight out said "I dont want to do anything thats against the rules so thats why I'm asking first"
    It's possible someone else came in and said that too, cus we were one of the very last to be served (we were out the door before they actually closed!)
    And when I first approached the CS desk and said that (that I've heard they are more lenient) the manager and the cashier started laughing like they had just heard that. I also said there have been changes at the other LDs, making it harder to stack and I've heard wonderful things about the staff there so I drove all the way from Clairview just to try it out. The manager seemed quite happy hearing that.

As we were shopping the manager also came over to ask how we were doing and I asked him a few more questions about price matching so we wouldn't have to do any last minute changes. He was a total doll and I told him again, "I don't want to try and get away with anything I shouldn't, I want to do whats acceptable" and he said he appreciated that.

After we were finished cashing out the cashier (who is a couponer too and was putting through her purchases when we first got there) asked if I had any left over old spice coupons because her boyfriend loves old spice. She even asked if she could have my flyers to PM with. I gave her about $10 in coupons, but needed the fliers so I took those back. She thanked me a few times, said her bf was going to love her for it.

I dont get why it's a bad thing to say that they're more lenient? You said it in the first coupon sentinces of your post, but then you put a little mad guy after saying these other girls said it.

Just curious.

Hopefully she wasn't talking about us, like I said, we were nearly the last ones out of the store.
    I do always try to be nice and courtious and I almost always write compliments when people handle my couponing well, so they get a commendation from the store about it.
    We did get some fantastic deals!! I'll be posting a brag pretty quick

I totally agree about treating everyone well, we do all need to do that.
    moefox

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moefox View Post
    hmmm, I can see your point, just from what she said it sounds bad, but that might have been me! lol

I was at the currents LD right at closing, I did say that and I was there with a girlfriend. I went to CS first before doing any shopping to clarify exactly what they would do and what they wouldn't and straight out said "I dont want to do anything thats against the rules so thats why I'm asking first"
    It's possible someone else came in and said that too, cus we were one of the very last to be served (we were out the door before they actually closed!)
    And when I first approached the CS desk and said that (that I've heard they are more lenient) the manager and the cashier started laughing like they had just heard that. I also said there have been changes at the other LDs, making it harder to stack and I've heard wonderful things about the staff there so I drove all the way from Clairview just to try it out. The manager seemed quite happy hearing that.

As we were shopping the manager also came over to ask how we were doing and I asked him a few more questions about price matching so we wouldn't have to do any last minute changes. He was a total doll and I told him again, "I don't want to try and get away with anything I shouldn't, I want to do whats acceptable" and he said he appreciated that.

After we were finished cashing out the cashier (who is a couponer too and was putting through her purchases when we first got there) asked if I had any left over old spice coupons because her boyfriend loves old spice. She even asked if she could have my flyers to PM with. I gave her about $10 in coupons, but needed the fliers so I took those back. She thanked me a few times, said her bf was going to love her for it.

I dont get why it's a bad thing to say that they're more lenient? You said it in the first coupon sentinces of your post, but then you put a little mad guy after saying these other girls said it.

Just curious.

Hopefully she wasn't talking about us, like I said, we were nearly the last ones out of the store.
    I do always try to be nice and courtious and I almost always write compliments when people handle my couponing well, so they get a commendation from the store about it.
    We did get some fantastic deals!! I'll be posting a brag pretty quick

I totally agree about treating everyone well, we do all need to do that.
    This was at the windemere location. I don't think it was you because the ladies was paying when I walked in. I put in cause when they said it that was the tone they were saying it in. If you girls were the last ones to leave then you might have saw me!! I was the one in a green sweater paying beside you. I was also one of the ones paying before the store closed.

Dont get me wrong, there's totally nothing wrong going to this store because they are more lenient but the guy(assistant manager) is NOT a good person to go to with coupons. The girl that works there told me he usually doesn't let ppl use a lot of coupons and he always complains to the manager which makes it more difficult for us to use coupons. Because of the "guy", the manager tells the staff not to accept more then one coupon of the same kind. So the the ladies to say that right in front of the guy will probably make it more difficult for us.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

What do you do when you are being bullied by a cashier. I am fed up with being bullied by one of the cashiers at the Jasper Gates LD. I do my best to follow the rules but I almost always feel worse about myself after I leave that store. Like you said it is her tone and attitude, not what she is saying to me. It is not ok for any customer to be treated the way she treats me. I have never felt that way from the other cashiers. Plus I find she comes up with new reasons not to price match or accept my coupons each week - other cashiers and locations accept the same coupons. What should I do?
    Last edited by mvandekuyt; Mon, May 16th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mvandekuyt View Post
    What do you do when you are being bullied by a cashier. I am fed up with being bullied by one of the cashiers at the stoney plain LD. I do my best to follow the rules but I almost always feel worse about myself after I leave that store. Like you said it is her tone and attitude, not what she is saying to me. It is not ok for any customer to be treated the way she treats me. I have never felt that way from the other cashiers. Plus I find she comes up with new reasons not to price match or accept my coupons each week - other cashiers and locations accept the same coupons. What should I do?
    I think I know who you are talking about, its the reason I don't go there anymore Too aggravating...

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I said something to her the other day and it made it worse. I like the store because it is close but can't put myself through the stress of her antics anymore. She makes me feel like I was being picked on in elementary school. The thing is it consistently happens ONLY when she is the cashier. Is Oliver Square any good?
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kayma View Post
    I put in cause when they said it that was the tone they were saying it in.
    Ahhh, lol gottcha, tone is everything! lol
    I remember a green sweater now that you mention it! lol I was pretty wrapped up in sorting coupons though, my girlfriend that was with me is VERY new to coupons so I pretty much did both our shopping and handled all our coupons.

I dont know if I was talking to the asst man or the store mang (he was the skinny guy with glasses) he seemed nice enough. I was totally surprised when the cashier said "umm, this coupon says 1 per purchase" you can only use one of those" and that was the couponing cashier!

So I went though my little "this is a purchase, this is a transaction" speal and after looking over nervously at the 2 mang guys standing there she put them through. Weird.
    Too bad the one guy is giving them a hard time, WTH?!

Glad to hear it wasn't me, whew!! I try very hard to be polite and look at couponing like a privillage rather then a right. If something is too much or they wont accept a coupon, I have no issues putting the product back and taking back my coupon.

As for abusive cashiers....yikes, I've never had one! I'm not sure. Maybe offer her coupons? lol Find an item for free or cheap and give it to her? lol I agree with Killing them with kindness, even though sometimes you wanna kick em in the teeth. Email the company a compliment about her (theres got to be something good right?)
    moefox

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I went to oliver square the other day and it was awesome!! The CS lady had to go through all the coupons with the manager, but in the end she accepted them all (I dont try to sneak anything through) I asked her if she used coupons and she said sometimes, so I showed her the new rouge ones and gave her a couple copies (cheap razors, yay!!) She said she might bring some in for the next time I go there. I dont normally go though, it's quite a ways out of my way.
    moefox

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

What time of day did you go there?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I said something to her the other day and it made it worse. I like the store because it is close but can't put myself through the stress of her antics anymore. She makes me feel like I was being picked on in elementary school. The thing is it consistently happens ONLY when she is the cashier. Is Oliver Square any good?
    Oh sorry thats the one I thought you were referring to, lol...actually i have never had an issue at the jasper gates LD. Oliver is the one I dont like to goto anymore, lol....I can only go either before work or after during the week and its always the same lady who does not like coupons. I know she has a difficult time understanding and so I make a point of only getting a couple things, but she even told me the last time if I see her don't bother...so I just stopped going...the cashier you saw on the CTV special (her name is DEB) she is by far the best there! She taught me almost everything I know, haha

The fact remains there will always be grumpy cashiers and super nice ones, just like in life itself...I just try to avoid the grumpy ones
    Last edited by EdmontonChristine; Mon, May 16th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I've decided I will only go when she is not working - I don't care to see this particular grumpy cashier ever again. Since she only works nights and weekends I will go mornings or try another store.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I've decided I will only go when she is not working - I don't care to see this particular grumpy cashier ever again. Since she only works nights and weekends I will go mornings or try another store.
    Yeah unfortunately those ones tend to get avoided, maybe thats their intention who knows, lol....there are more than enough fabulous cashiers out there though. I don't really go as much as I did when I first started couponing now that I have pretty much all that I need for myself. These days I am just contributing to my donation stockpile. I have to tell you though that WEM is by far the best...they are super great and they encourage it...I dont go there too much since I hate that mall with a passion but when I do, it seems to be the best outcome

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information