User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thought I would go through my team buys and outline & highlight the money I have saved!

I believe that I actually have saved the money I say I have because (other than the hot stone massage) I would have spent this money on food, entertainment etc. Even the hot stone massage, if I had not bought that I would have likely spent the time I will spend going to that massage - out shopping or with friends (spending money)

$39.55 for $75 Haircut in Yorkville - www.
    $49 for ($180 Spa Value)a 50-Minute Swedish Massage, 30-Minute Manicure and 30-Minute Pedicure at Yorkville's VIKASPA - www.TeamBuy.com
    $69 for $179 Value (3 hot stone massages) Iyashi Bedrock Spa- www.groupon.com
    $5 for $40 of Shisha -www.WagJag.com
    FREE $10 Gift Certificate for Gourmet Burgers and More at m:brgr - www.
    $44.07 for New & Revitalizing HydraFacial at Beauty Bar - www.
    $14 for $30 worth of Thai Food - www.wagjag.com
    $5 for $10 Worth of Yogurt, Ice Cream and Lunch Items at Not Just Yogurt - www.WagJag.com
    $17 for $40 of Sushi - www.grubdeal.ca

PAID: $245 for $745!!!!!!!!!

YES. I know that sometimes these tend to make you purchase things you don't "NEED" but let me go through each of these individually.

($35) Haircut - Well I would never find one for less than $40 in Toronto (that's decent) AND I will get to go to a nice salon!

($49) Spa - Mother's Day Gift (that I bought her - going to the spa is her favourite so a $50 price for a Yorkville salon is nothing!) I would have spent that $50 anywhere!

($69) - Hot Stone Massage - OK this was NOT NECESSARY but I am going with my mom and sister. We all paid for 1/3 of it and so 23$ for a massage is nothing, and it's important to do something for yourself once in a while! PLUS my mother would never go and buy this on her own - we have to make the purchase and then she'll commit. Force feed her treats!

($5) - Shisha - it'll cost me $5 to go out with 3 friends and have a relaxing night, instead of spending $30 on a meal or $20 at the movies...

($10) - Burger - it was a freebie so I'm sending it to my cousin in montreal!

($45) - Facial - I've been saying I'm going to get one for a while, and I would have spent at least 80 on that....help keep my face up to par!

($14) - Thai Food - I spent at least $20 every time I go out for dinner with friends, so $14 for for two people + a little extra was nothing! I saved money! - Just forces the decision of where to go!

($17) - Sushi - Same deal as the Thai above! If I go with a friend, we wont spend more than 40 so less than 10$ for a sit down meal is great!!

************NOTE: I would be careful with these! You can definitely get addicted!!! But the food deals are the best! If you go out for dinner often, you are going to be cutting your cost in half & it forces you to try different things!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by ShopoholicAnonymous; Wed, May 18th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go -i find a lot of groupon is for toronto-my daughter who is 28 told me about groupon like you she has gotten a haircut, massage, facial, body shop and a few vasrious others deals -its awesome to save-i on the one hand have only gotten bodyshops deals on groupon

Trading Score
    181 (99%)

WTG! Those are great deal! It`s nice to treat yourself every now and then

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I have only bought one groupon but it was for half priced wine, for a winery DH and I looooovvveeeee quite a bit.
    Looking For: Coca Cola, Chocolate Bars, Dole Juice, Fruitsource Bars, Nature Valley Chewy Bars, Mentos.
    PM ME FOR A TRADE!!!!!!!!!

2011 coupon savings:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

It's good to check out what they have! OH I completely forgot I also bought one in Toronto for Organic Oven - 11$ for $24 of food - I'm Celiac and they have gluten free breads!

Sometimes it can get you stuff you use anyways, just for half the price!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I was about to buy the deal fro VIKASPA but there seems to be a lot of bad reviews on it. It might be biased bc not as many people will take the time to write a good review as opposed to a bad one. Can you let me know how it goes? I'd like to try that place. Thanks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Will definitely let you know about VIKASPA!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Ahh I wish I would find spa deals on groupons, I always miss em!

wtg!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

this is the BEST brag!!!!!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Awesome.. I love the daily deals etc.. have picked up a few myself although those massages sound relaxing.
    Join Swagbucks Today!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/watergirl73
    I've made $50 how easy is that!
    Trade List and Wish List 2011

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I purchased a groupon for Mane Society, mani, pedi massage and facial and was not impressed...I like my feet to be scrubbed, she put no elbow grease into scrubbing my feet and the manicure, I think I could have done better myself...I guess you win some you lose some!

Thread Information