User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

As you may have read on other threads, my Mom moved in with us last week. She brought plenty of stuff like furniture and dishes, more than we needed. But I brought her out to Shoppers with me the other day to pick up a few things that were on sale.

I had to run off to the washroom, and when I got back, Mom had a few extra things in the cart, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc. I told her that we didn't need to buy those items, I had them at home. She didn't seem like she believed me really, maybe thought I just didn't want to buy them, but went along with it.

When we got home I told her to come downstairs with me to put the paper towels and such I'd bought away, and introduced her to my stockpile.

Now this is not the stockpile that many of you have. I don't have 20 of ANYTHING. Really, I max out at five of anything. But she was impressed all the same, that I had soap, shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, deodorant, laundry soap - enough that we don't have to buy any of that stuff for months! Or at least until the next great sale. She was talking to her sister-in-law later that day about 'shopping' in my basement!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That`s great. It`s fun to shop from the stockpile.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

isn't it great having even a little stockpile.. my kids luv that they can say heh mom.. i need a new toothbrush. or we ran out of shampoo/soap.. and voila.. brand new stuff appears from the cupboard.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

It took her a week to see it?!? If I had my mother living with me, I bet she would have snooped every inch of the place within an hour!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Loved your post; it's great that your stockpile convinced your Mom, and she is spreading the word to others already.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

interesting...I live with my parents and my mom always seems to stop by to see if i have some stockpiled chocolate somewhere...of course I seem to always have some. But my stockpile of other things is of only of what i use...like 5 deodarants, 3 packs of venus disposable razors, 3 packs of headphones in case the pair I have break, 6 chocolate bars - my stash is low in that department...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    isn't it great having even a little stockpile.. my kids luv that they can say heh mom.. i need a new toothbrush. or we ran out of shampoo/soap.. and voila.. brand new stuff appears from the cupboard.
    It's even more fun to be the disher-outer and saying "What flavor/color/variety would you like?" and then spread out all the varieties you have to show them It's like that scene in the garfield christmas special when Jon asks for potatoes and pie and his mom lists off a half dozen or more different kinds of each.

Thread Information