User Tag List

Page 2159 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 1159 1659 2059 2109 2149 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2169 2209 2259 2659 3159 ... LastLast
Results 32,371 to 32,385 of 176709
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was 940

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sharon

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sharon wins...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sharon won!
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sharron wins

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got through once,ring,ring,ring,hang up!

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morning Q-sters
    Good luck dialing

Name:  domophone.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  21.1 KB

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    hello.... anybody in there??? lol....

almost 3 1/2 hours without a post???
    Sad but true..it is getting so quiet in here.. sure wish the Mighty(not so mighty)Q would bring the contests back.. all was good in SC land
    Good morning kids.. another beautiful winter day.. good golly I'm lovin this winter,, my back especially

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Newfie Drunk, you just gotta love it!!!!

How many of our Officers would find the humour in this e-mail! After all, I am sure he was sitting there laughing at this guy the entire time.

Recently, during a routine patrol, an RCMP patrolman parked down the street outside a Legion Hall just off the main drag in Gander NF , CANADA .

After last call, the officer observed a man leaving the Legion Hall. The gentleman was so intoxicated that he could barely walk. He then stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car, which he fell into.

He sat there for a few minutes and then t hrew a hook and line out the window and seemed to be trying to catch a fish.. A number of other patrons paid no attention to this crazy drunk as they left the bar and drove off.

Finally the drunk started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine, dry summer night) flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn, and switched on the headlights.

He then pulled in the hook and line and moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron's vehicles left. At last, the parking lot was empty; he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the road.

The officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over. He performed a breathalyzer test on the gentleman who cooperated fully, and to his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, 'I'll have to ask you to accompany me to Headquarters.
    This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud Newfie,
    "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Food for thought!!!!
    A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.
    Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying
    a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma the daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its insides became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.
    "Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

May we all be COFFEE!!!!!! !!
    Last edited by Chers1; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good calm before the storm Thursday...

Wishing you the best of luck winning a trip today....

And please take me with you if you win!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

call

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

call now...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

call now

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Jonesy

Thread Information