User Tag List

Page 4801 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 3801 4301 4701 4751 4791 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4811 4851 4901 5301 5801 ... LastLast
Results 72,001 to 72,015 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    It was a very emotional day for me..... my son called me at about 5:30 when I was still at w*rk.... He asked if his fiance had talked to me, and I said "yes" thinking that he was talking about his surprise dinner out tonight.... that was NOT what he was referring to.... he's fine, but he was involved in a small fender bender on the way home from w*rk tonight.... (he w*rks 4.5 kms from home...) there was a car coming towards him that spun out (on a bend in the road), and the car in front of my son hit the car that spun out... my son "tapped" the car in front of him.... there was only a little damage to my son's bumper and hood (he figures about $500.00 - $600.00), but his slight "tap" to the other car took out the back window and door... He thinks that the other cars will be written off because of their age... they all followed each other to the reporting centre near the house (but he took pictures of their license plates before they left the scene....) My son is taking his car to the body shop tomorrow to get their opinion....

On the way to his celebratory dinner, I got a message from my best friend that her father passed away early this morning.... I'm so sad for her... they were all over at my house for Christmas eve last year and he seemed so positive about his "c" treatments.... Unfortunately he went downhill quickly last week and lost the battle at 6:00 am.... I can't even be here to support my bf - since I'm sure the funeral will be early next week... I feel horrible...
    Goodness Lee; sorry about your son's accident, esp. on a day for celebration. Upsetting, but @ least he's safe.

I'm so sorry for you're best friend's father. It's such a HORRIBLE disease, & takes so many of our loved ones !! It takes every ounce of their strength & will power to fight it.

I know you won't be able to be there for the funeral. You feel bad, and maybe a little guilty, but she's you're friend & will understand that you WILL BE there in spirit. That sounds a little lame, but it's true.

Hang in there.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning fellow SCers, lots of snow, went in to the school, cleared some snow but will have to go back later, well at least the kids are having fun!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    You and me both off today Dulcea. Timing is everything. Snow still coming down with serious intent in Scarborough.
    Did you have 4 blue hearts yesterday? Looks like a nice blue handful today-congratz!
    Few days I think Weds I noticed them lol. Wish someone hadn't gone into work today cause now I'm just gonna worry until she's home. I preferred when she was in Oakville to the Hammer since no matter what now she's to cross that dumb*$$ bridge and mingle with the hwys.
    Last edited by Dulcea; Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TGIF Q sters!
    well apparently the white stuff showed up overnight. wasn't too bad this morning driving to work. a lot of people decided to stay home today. make driving a lot easier without having to deal with doorknobs. the only problem that i encountered was the on ramp to the QEW from Guelph Line. it had not been plowed & there were 2 cars that had got stuck trying to enter the QE. i stayed way back & watch while 1 guy was able to manuever his van onto the road. the other guy instead of backing up some to take a run at it, try to go thru from where he was. he got really stuck. me & a couple other people behing me got out to try & help this guy. we were able to get him to back up & take runs at it slowly inching his was thru. a tow truck show up, probably cause the on ramp was backed up all the way up Guelph line, & managed to pull him out. once he was cleared, i took my run at it as well as everyone else & we were all able to continue on. had my exercise for the day. it was also a good thing that i decided to were my white mobile boots to work. the white stuff was up to the top of them while pushing his car out. mind you, it would have been better if the dude had 4 winter tires on his car too. silly, silly people, when will they learn.
    have a great day, stay safe & enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    It was a very emotional day for me..... my son called me at about 5:30 when I was still at w*rk.... He asked if his fiance had talked to me, and I said "yes" thinking that he was talking about his surprise dinner out tonight.... that was NOT what he was referring to.... he's fine, but he was involved in a small fender bender on the way home from w*rk tonight.... (he w*rks 4.5 kms from home...) there was a car coming towards him that spun out (on a bend in the road), and the car in front of my son hit the car that spun out... my son "tapped" the car in front of him.... there was only a little damage to my son's bumper and hood (he figures about $500.00 - $600.00), but his slight "tap" to the other car took out the back window and door... He thinks that the other cars will be written off because of their age... they all followed each other to the reporting centre near the house (but he took pictures of their license plates before they left the scene....) My son is taking his car to the body shop tomorrow to get their opinion....

On the way to his celebratory dinner, I got a message from my best friend that her father passed away early this morning.... I'm so sad for her... they were all over at my house for Christmas eve last year and he seemed so positive about his "c" treatments.... Unfortunately he went downhill quickly last week and lost the battle at 6:00 am.... I can't even be here to support my bf - since I'm sure the funeral will be early next week... I feel horrible...
    it was not a good day for you at all. glad to hear that your son wasn't hurt. cars are replacable, sons & daughters aren't.

so sorry to hear about your bf's dad. my thoughts & prayers are with you, your bf & her family. :tear:

Quote Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
    Do any of you have any experience with taking minor who is not your own child across the border with you? My daughter and 2 friends want to buy tickets for a concert happening in Buffalo and I have offered to drive them BUT we are hesitating with the tix as I know it is best to have a notorized letter from the parents/guardians with you to cross the border and I would hate to not be allowed in. Anyone have experience with this? Just wondering and trying to decide if it is worth the hassle
    my parents use to take my rodent or my niece across the border for summer holidays & as long as they had their passport, it was good. of course, if your are able to get a note from the parents as well as the passport, that's better. they never had a problem tho.
    Last edited by the H team; Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Obviously, the technical era got away from some people.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  having fun here.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  36.6 KB

How about a sunny interlude to take your mind off snowy drifts?
    McSkier & Attitash did the 24-7 snow-boggie in non stop tag team shifts,
    We have to give them one mega snowstorm, as they are so very nice,
    & we do all have seasons we love, but for them snow is a vice,
    There is more then enough to make a snowman & all his relatives too,
    Hope the shoveling committee’s on standby as we need them to come thru,
    Wintery days can be fun & I know there are several festivities,
    But, I hope you’re the creative type when it comes to indoor activities,
    Paul Simon sang a song about destinations & doing some slip-sliding-away,
    A Winter’s Tale by the Moody Blues laments love that has gone astray,
    I hear the snow will continue to fall; so stay indoors & stay off the roads,
    My plan today is to clean my desk & catch up on unfinished odes,
    Make the most of the day however you can & watch out for icy patches,
    & remember it is the perfect day to batten down the hatches.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter got up for high school but she has to take a streetcar/bus or bus/subway and gets off at 1:30 today and doesn't have much important in between so I told her she may as well stay home. We may take a walk down to the beach later (!) We'll see if it's not too windy - it probably looks pretty neat down there!

Just finished making some scrambled eggs with mushrooms and some sauteed kale (yes kale!) on the side. I need the vitamins, feel pretty tired didn't sleep well.....

Maybe we should all get together and make a SNOWCAT!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thread Information