User Tag List

Page 6365 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 5365 5865 6265 6315 6355 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6375 6415 6465 6865 7365 ... LastLast
Results 95,461 to 95,475 of 176709
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    evening Q sters,
    well we're still in the dark, more than 24 hours later & it's bloody cold. was wearing my snow pants & 3 shirts & my jacket. was over at my neibours for a bit. she has a wood burning stove, so it was warm in there. she even fed everyone soup for lunch. was able to boil my kettle to have tea from there. tonight we made KD on the campfire stove for dinner. we were outside earlier today with the vehicles running & banging 3+ inches of ice off them. both of us have to work tomorrow, but i'm not sure if there's power in Hamilton. guess i'll find out tomorrow. hope everyone else is surviving with less issues. McSkier, i blame you & Attitash.

sending positive vibes & prayers your way Loocie. you'll get thru this.

Yikes! 24 hours with no hydro - so glad you were able to have the goodness of your neighbour's hospitality. I hear a lot of people in Toronto may not get theirs back until Wednesday !!!!!!!!!!!!! We lost for a bit around midnight and again around 3a.m. but have been fortunate since then. Never seen so many branches down before. Still mopping up in the basement and will be calling a contractor tomorrow. Hope all can persevere and find friends and family to help out where needed, God bless them. Our next door neighbour had weeping tiles done on his place last year and said it cost around $13.000.00 HO HO HO

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good evening, qt's
    sounds like things are pretty dire for some.

hope the hydro comes back for you soon, h_team!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

happy birthday, hicks!!!!

Name:  birthday-orangutan.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  11.7 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    I heard last night that the flashes are arcing as the hydro wires get heavier with ice they create a gap near the poles and the electricity jumps across the gap.. We have branches down like many others; but our biggest problem is we again have water in our basement - must be foundation and/or weeping tiles. Thank goodness we still haven't had the new floor putdown yet. looks like we have a new expense for Christmas. Contractor calls tomorrow - hope someone can get here before Xmas - or am I asking for a miracle? Wish us luck please.

that's terrible! hope you're able to get help before christmas!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, went downtown, made it okay.....got a couple of things but not enough time to get a couple of things I wanted to - maybe find them down here, hopefully not as slippery tomorrow but not sure. So glad our power did not go out - hope yours comes back really soon H Team - how we miss things we take for granted eh? Sorry about the excess water Jester - flooding is a real drag too!!!

I've been stressing out a way too much but I just can't seem to be able to relax at all. Gonna try for an hour tonight but right now going to try to wrap a few things.

Happy B Day again hicks!!! Really do wish you the best and of course I remember you love orangs!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Someone is celebrating a birthday today...^^^ Shhh.. don't tell her it was me.

Happy birthday hicks

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/374765-...r-22-a-canada/
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday amidst the ice storm...

Name:  birthday-22a.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  109.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    I heard last night that the flashes are arcing as the hydro wires get heavier with ice they create a gap near the poles and the electricity jumps across the gap.. We have branches down like many others; but our biggest problem is we again have water in our basement - must be foundation and/or weeping tiles. Thank goodness we still haven't had the new floor putdown yet. looks like we have a new expense for Christmas. Contractor calls tomorrow - hope someone can get here before Xmas - or am I asking for a miracle? Wish us luck please.

Good luck Jester.... floods are the worst... Hope you're able to get it fixed fast at not much of an expense....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    evening Q sters,
    well we're still in the dark, more than 24 hours later & it's bloody cold. was wearing my snow pants & 3 shirts & my jacket. was over at my neibours for a bit. she has a wood burning stove, so it was warm in there. she even fed everyone soup for lunch. was able to boil my kettle to have tea from there. tonight we made KD on the campfire stove for dinner. we were outside earlier today with the vehicles running & banging 3+ inches of ice off them. both of us have to work tomorrow, but i'm not sure if there's power in Hamilton. guess i'll find out tomorrow. hope everyone else is surviving with less issues. McSkier, i blame you & Attitash.

sending positive vibes & prayers your way Loocie. you'll get thru this.

Big Happy Birthday 22. hope you had a great day.
    Hope you get your power back soon h team....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

87 days til spring.... just saying....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  1508134_616539631728044_1120510525_n.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  21.8 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just wanted to thank every1 again for all the b/day wishes.
    Unfortunately, as b/days go, this one su*cked.
    A full, busy day planned with 3 get togethers / parties, & all were cancelled, thanks to the weather & many having no power.

H, I hope u get yours back soon.

My son had a tree come down, taking out the hydro lines & pole, telephone lines, & the corner of his house. Needless to say, he still has no power. I suggested they stay here, but they're worried another may fall & want to be there, just in case.
    We're all hoping he's back up & all's ok, Christmas dinner is @ his place this year.

Good night all.
    Hopefully Mother Nature will give us a break. Spring, please hurry. We miss you !!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Morning all

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Morning All

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning Qcrew! We are still without power this morning, have been since Sat night at 9. Hubby has hooked up our generator so we have heat, the fridge, tv and internet but no stove or lights, just two lamps plugged into the many extension cords he has running around. We have no water either as our well pump is run by power-smart guy that he is though, he has filled buckets with icy snow and let them melt inside so we can use them to fill the back of the toilets in order to flush so we are surviving! Kinda feels like we are at a cottage or something.
    We all went out in the truck mid day yesterday and took a look first hand at the damage up and down our roads. It is just crazy. There are so many wires and trees down, I doubt we will have power any time soon. The trees have to all be taken care of first before hydro will even attempt to power this area back up. On our road alone there were 4 sections of hydro lines severed and lying on the ground. Such is country life but I have never seen anything like this and we have been out here over 12 years now!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day, anyone got any ways to do a turkey on the BBQ-I think that may be the only way I will be able to cook it on Christmas!

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Thread Information