User Tag List

Page 9798 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 8798 9298 9698 9748 9788 9796 9797 9798 9799 9800 9808 9848 9898 10298 10798 ... LastLast
Results 146,956 to 146,970 of 176709
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Think your life is complicated?

FORMULA 1 steering wheel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Think your life is complicated?

FORMULA 1 steering wheel

And to think that I have trouble finding the AM and FM button on my car radio while driving, WHEW!!!

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good afternoon my Q friends. Hope all are having a great long weekend.

Name:  happy victoria day.jpe
Views: 107
Size:  9.1 KB
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GO RAPTORS GO!!!! It's DO OR DIE GAME. YOU BETTER DO IT BOYS.
    Last edited by Spartacus; Mon, May 23rd, 2016 at 07:38 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone, hope you all have been enjoying this really nice weather this weekend. I wasn't going camping or to a cottage so did the next best thing and went on a few hikes around Milton Area in a few of their conservation parks. Enjoyed that and did as many trails as we could!

Today played a few games and I think we will take a walk down to the Fireworks at Ashbridges Bay!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Hi Everyone, hope you all have been enjoying this really nice weather this weekend. I wasn't going camping or to a cottage so did the next best thing and went on a few hikes around Milton Area in a few of their conservation parks. Enjoyed that and did as many trails as we could!

Today played a few games and I think we will take a walk down to the Fireworks at Ashbridges Bay!

Been on a few of those trails. Some very nice scenery too.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love

Haha

Wow

Sad

Angr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hope you are feeling better Wolfie, really I know the flu can be the worst!!!!

the fireworks were neat!

sleep well all!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WAY TO GO RAPTORS beat the CAVS 105 to 99.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Live Genesis - Supper's Ready 1974

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  bank-holiday-weekend-quotes-short-week-300x210.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  18.0 KB

good morning, qts!

back to reality today.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Tuesday Q sters,

What a great long weekend it was. Weather was awesome & it's going to continue all week long.

Some sad news in the music world, Gordon Downie Jr has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. The Tragically Hip have decided to hit the road 1 more time, while Gord still can.

Tragically Hip Singer Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer, the band says.
    According to a message posted on their website, the 52-year-old singer was diagnosed in December.
    “Since then, obviously, he’s endured a lot of difficult times, and he has been fighting hard,” the statement says.
    The statement also says that the band will embark on a tour this summer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gord Downie, lead singer of iconic Canadian rock band The Tragically Hip, announced this morning he has a form of terminal brain cancer.
    News of Downie's illness was posted on the band'swebsite.

Downie, 52, and his wife Laura Leigh Usher have four children.
    The statement says the diagnosis came "a few months ago."
    It goes on to say: "Since then, obviously, he's endured a lot of difficult times, and he has been fighting hard. In privacy along with his family, and through all of this, we've been standing by him."
    The statement also says the band is going to do one last tour. "This feels like the right thing to do now, for Gord, and for all of us.
    "What we in The Hip receive, each time we play together, is a connection; with each other; with music and it's magic; and during the shows, a special connection with all of you, our incredible fans.
    "So, we're going to dig deep, and try to make this our best tour yet."
    The Tragically Hip's frontman has long established himself as one of the country's great songwriters, his lyrics giving a voice to Canada's land, its history and, at times, its official winter sport.
    "You write about what you know," he told CBC's Wendy Mesley in 2012. "And I love this country. I love my idea of this country.
    "Where I go and the people I've met, underlying everything is that commitment to finding the common good."

His music has given him a chance to bear witness to that, travelling from St. John's, N.L., to Attawapiskat First Nation to Vancouver since the Tragically Hip began playing the Kingston, Ont., bar scene in 1983.
    Downie, and The Hip — now Gord Sinclair, Johnny Fay, Rob Baker, Paul Langlois — swiftly ascended from playing cover songs for Queen's University students, following a gig at Toronto's Horseshoe Tavern three years later.
    That led to a record deal with MCA and the release of their self-titled 1987 EP, the Canadian Music Hall of Fame says.
    Downie's evocative lyrics didn't break out into the mainstream, however, until Up to Here, the group's first full-length album, was released in August 1989.

14 Junos

That album gave birth to the bluesy-rock single New Orleans is Sinking — which claimed the No. 1 spot on the Canadian content chart — and earned The Hip the first of its 14 Juno awards. They won Most Promising Group of the Year in 1990.
    The next three full-length studio albums — Road Apples,Fully Completely and Day for Night — cemented the group's reputation as commanders in the Canadian rock scene, as they quickly graduated to arena-sized venues and were so popular they regularly hosted their own outdoor festival, Another Roadside Attraction.

The Hip have been among a select few acts who could garner heavy airplay on both alternative and classic rock radio stations around the country. While Downie was adept at writing something universal like My Music at Work or more enigmatically in the case of Little Bonesand Locked in the Trunk of Car, quite often the band's songs were infused with Canadiana — the hockey anthem Fifty Mission Cap, the contemplativeBobcaygeon and Wheat Kings, in part about wrongfully convicted Manitoba native David Milgaard.
    Former cast member and fellow Kingston native Dan Aykroyd, clad in a Canada sweatshirt, famously introduced them on Saturday Night in Live in 1995, where they performed Grace, Too and Nautical Disaster.

'One of the most captivating frontmen'

Downie channeled his lyricism inward on the band's 2012 album, Now for Plan A, released a year after his wife received a breast cancer diagnosis.
    "The band, we rallied," Downie said in an interview on CBC's The Hour in 2012. "We're a big family and rallied around my wife, Laura, and helped her through it."
    While the band has appealed to countless fans through their sound and the stories they've told through song, Downie's singular stage presence looms large.

The Hip's frontman can turn a microphone into a bucking bronco in one minute and a fishing spear in the next, his inimitable footwork earning him a Dora award for choreography.
    Anyone who has ever seen Downie on stage is used to his perpetual handkerchief, both a prop in his elaborate ballet — and a necessity given the stage lights, his energy and athleticism.
    "His improvised antics are a major part of the show, completely transfixing the audience," the CBC's Jesse Kinos-Goodin wrote in 2013. "One performance and yet it yields, easily, 100 or more separate dance moves; such is the spontaneous genius of one of the most captivating frontmen in Canadian music."

Man Machine Poem

Although Downie has also produced three solo albums since 2001, as well as a collaboration with indie darlings The Sadies, his legacy is unquestionably tied to The Hip. The group got inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 2005 and has been the recipient of the Governor General's National Arts Centre Award.
    Man Machine Poem, their 13th studio album comes out in June, although the single In a World Possessed by the Human Mind, has already been released.
    Performing for the band's legion of fans has always been one of Downie's great loves, he's told the CBC.
    "Enjoy those one-night moments. We'll only be here tonight, this bunch of us in this room," he told The Hour in 2006. "Let's try and find some point of transcendence and leap together."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning All

Burning my way through another year!

Thread Information