User Tag List

Page 438 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 938 1438 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flexibility is key if you are able to kick your own ass! that's why I stretch before every round.
    Any course can be considered easy ... keep it on the fairway, put it in the hole...easy. Challenging is certainly relative to so many factors.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    I try to get out about once a month, and I would be cautious of anyone who says a course is "challenging". I don't need a golf course to kick my ass, I can do that just fine with my own game thank you very much (the one course I will stay away from is definitely Thundering Waters-John Daly). Just remember that they say give 5-10 strokes for playing any unfamiliar course.
    Shine On!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Hey Notler/HG .... not a fan? Tell you what, keep entering and if you win, I'll take the trip for you!!

Looking for Golfing input ... last year due to a variety of issues, I only got out on the links a handful of times. I'm pleased to say that I have already tripled last year's round count - and am straying further afield and playing courses I've not played and/or not played in years. On our way last week to play Hawk Ridge in Orillia we passed Settler's Ghost. Looked interesting from the road. At first glance, kind of reminded me of Tangle Creek. Has anyone played Settler's Ghost? Looking for feedback.

And BTW - Hawk Ridge is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. They have a special all season on their championship Timber Ridge course - $45 per round plus $.99 for your cart. One hole is under construction but does not detract in any way from the play. Good course, great shape, fantastic service/amenities and can't beat the price - worth the drive to Orillia.

I don't get out to golf much lately, but I used to quite a bit. It helped to have a colleague whose husband owned about 15 courses in Ontario.

I finally found out my biggest problem. I was standing too close to the ball...AFTER I hit it!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    Flexibility is key if you are able to kick your own ass! that's why I stretch before every round.
    Any course can be considered easy ... keep it on the fairway, put it in the hole...easy. Challenging is certainly relative to so many factors.
    Ohhhhh are you saying that I should be hitting it down the middle, put the 2nd shot on the green and make my 2 putts for par?????

But where is the fun in that???? I would rather shank my drive into the trees on the right, take a half swing with a 5-iron to punch it out and hit a tree square nuts on, have the ball go 50 yards behind me. Then take a 3 wood out, hit a perfect looking shot until it hits the last branch hanging in the ball's flight path. Then realize that I have to make a perfect shot to get on the green but instead flub 2 more shots. End up 50 feet from the pin for a 3 putt. Mark an 9 for a par 4 move on Hole #2. At least this way I get to see the entire course and get my money's worth. Down the middle? Anyone can do that! Let's see what you are made off, and what shots ya got in yer bag!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    Ohhhhh are you saying that I should be hitting it down the middle, put the 2nd shot on the green and make my 2 putts for par?????

But where is the fun in that???? I would rather shank my drive into the trees on the right, take a half swing with a 5-iron to punch it out and hit a tree square nuts on, have the ball go 50 yards behind me. Then take a 3 wood out, hit a perfect looking shot until it hits the last branch hanging in the ball's flight path. Then realize that I have to make a perfect shot to get on the green but instead flub 2 more shots. End up 50 feet from the pin for a 3 putt. Mark an 9 for a par 4 move on Hole #2. At least this way I get to see the entire course and get my money's worth. Down the middle? Anyone can do that! Let's see what you are made off, and what shots ya got in yer bag!

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Gas Prices de yester-jour!

Name:  Queen St. near River 1981.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  48.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm officially on vacation!! Van is loaded and I'm ready to go!! Have a great week-end everyone!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I second that...brings me to tears when I think of all the unwanted animals and if I had billions of dollars I have so many ideas on how to make sure only those who truely want and love animals would have them, and they would all have someone to love them, and those who have the love but not the money to have a pet would be able to have one.

How very, very, true!! If I had a wish that would come true I would wish no animals would ever have to live that way again
    [/QUOTE]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I'm officially on vacation!! Van is loaded and I'm ready to go!! Have a great week-end everyone!!
    Happy Boat Sitting... I mean sitting on the Boat, my Friend!!!!
    ENJOY Your Vacation!!!!

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Friday and TGIF

I am on a lunch and learn webcast.... minus the lunch.
    I asked for a lunch rain check...

I was thrilled to hear Scholes announce the next trip is for Steely Dan....!!!
    I really want to win those tickets!!!

Thank you as usual for the trivia ww and reps...
    I owe many of you big time....

Watch Out!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Steely Dan w/w - 1:24pm - gaucho

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Winning Word: GAUCHO

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all, I am out of here so everyone have a great weekend and those going on vacation I hate you...lol No I meant to say have super and safe holiday!!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Steely Dan are great to see live.

I may have shared this with you already, but in the misheard lyrics category, my sister used to think they asked
    "are you really in the yeast"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDRd0Z0O4o

Great clip from The Midnight Special introduced by the legendary Bill Cosby.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heading home shortly.
    Have a good evening.

Thread Information