User Tag List

Page 3331 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 2331 2831 3231 3281 3321 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3341 3381 3431 3831 4331 ... LastLast
Results 49,951 to 49,965 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

1:14 am "radio nowhere" - bruce springsteen
    rockit, kenrod, WolfDio and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

3:44 am "backstreets" - bruce springsteen & the e street band
    rockit, kenrod, WolfDio and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  evening--daniels--romance--Eva--prova--food--Thank-You--morning--coffee--goodmorning--Nice-day_l.jpg
Views: 11547
Size:  13.9 KB

good morning, qt's!
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning Q sters.....a return of my kind of temps. Off to the golf course.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the Star -

The El Mocambo, the storied music venue that has hosted rock legends the Rolling Stones, U2 and Billy Idol, is headed back to its rock ’n’ roll roots.
    After seven months of negotiations, Sam Grosso, owner of the Cadillac Lounge, and his business partner Marco Petrucci, owner of 99 Sudbury, have bought the popular venue from its latest owner, Abbas Jahangiri.
    The Toronto music landmark has had a long history of hosting the best in rock music and for sales, closures, reopenings and reinventions. It’s come a long way from its ’60s and ’70s peak.
    “It’s a historical music venue that needs some TLC. Let’s get it resurrected,” said Grosso.
    Jahangiri bought the bar in 2001 and opened a dance studio on the second floor, but closed it for renovations the following year. The outcry against the closure and renovations was virulent, with online petitions making the rounds among the inboxes of Toronto’s music insiders.
    After remortgaging the building and selling his home, Jahangiri reopened the El Mocambo the next year. He has been hosting a mix of live music, from salsa and pop to rock and hip hop groups. The new owners say they hope to bring in more rock ’n’ roll acts.
    “With a sad heart, it is time to close yet another chapter of my life. Today was the last day of my ownership of the El Mocambo,” Jahangiri said in an email to friends Monday.
    “I love this venue; I put my life in it,” Jahangiri told the Star. But he had to sell it to support his work as a missionary.
    Opened in 1848, the El Mo, as it’s known to fans, has changed hands at least eight times since then.
    Grosso and Petrucci have big plans for the space, including resurrecting the iconic neon sign, at an estimated cost of about $20,000.
    They, too, will be renovating, starting with minor changes on the main floor. They want to bring it back to the glory days of the ’60s and ’70s, cleaning it up and rebuilding the original layout upstairs, with a stage in the centre.
    “It’ll look like it looked like when the Stones played there,” said Grosso.
    There’s always going to be people who don’t want it to change, said Grosso, but it has to be cleaned up, he said. “If you go on a date there with your lady, you want to make sure she’s comfortable in the bathroom.”
    “Every time someone comes to the El Mocambo in the next year, they’re going to notice something different. We’re going to bring Cadillac style to the El Mocambo.”
    They hope to be open seven days a week and during the day. The plan is to appeal to a wide range of concert-goers. They want to cater to a young crowd, but also bring back the people who hung out at the El Mo in its glory days, patrons in their fifties who’ll come in for an early show in the evening.
    Grosso’s plans also include a patio licence and creating a rooftop patio that can be rented out for events.
    The bar will be open for business as usual this Thursday, but with new priorities. Fifteen years ago the Rolling Stones wanted to play at the El Mo and the owners at the time declined the offer, stating they only booked indie bands, said Grosso.
    “If the Stones want to play the El Mocambo (now) they’re more than welcome to come,” he announced.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Q sters

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Morning All

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    While walking the I to

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nature-bug

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus"~~Mark Twain

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning

interesting info on the elmo, thanks hg --- guessing it was last century i was there.

so happy birthday ruth
    her and her handbag eh?
    adding the hairnet - so cute

if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning Q folks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

and just 'cause --- extra 'cause forgot about the sc vid limit, ppphhhttt

wondering where that clip of her and jo-anne worsley was from.

hoping everyone has what seems to be a cool day - though really temp in here 74 -- 27
    and if i would ever have the heat in here at that in the winter i'd be passed out
    from some sort of heat related problem. always amused at how we sort of adapt.
    oh geee no smilies working for me here at all
    sc is fixed - right?
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  marg1.png
Views: 1031
Size:  335.0 KB

mmmm!
    National Tequila Day!
    alohamom, tad01, rockit and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Jester. I hope that you enjoyed the show last night. The opening act, Emeli Sande, will be on Breakfast Television this morning.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mornin' all.
    We survived the Coldplay show and a very short sleep (4 hours just doesn't cut it)
    It was fun to get out; but the sound quality at ACC is very "muddy". Added to which the seats were up in the rafters - thankfully they brought around beer and oxygen at strategic intervals. Each group had a good length set. I really enjoyed Emeli Sande - terrific voice and great stage presence. She and her band genuinely appeared to be having fun with the music. Marina and the Diamonds were a bit disappointing as she seemed somewhat self absorbed with her appearance and stage props. That took care of the first 2 hours and finally at 9.05 pm Coldplay blew onto the stage and that was the beginning of the end for the eardrums! Much of the material was from their most recent release although the old standards such as Yellow; Fix You and Clocks were woven in to thunderous reception. Everyone was issued a wristband that came in a variety of colours. During their set they were engineered to light up making the entire auditorium appear as if we were inside a giant Christmas tree. I was happy to see they encouraged everyone to deposit the bands for recycling on the way out.
    My ears were actually hurting near the end from the screaming/whistling more than the music. Guess I'm getting too old for this after all

Thread Information