User Tag List

Page 6837 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 5837 6337 6737 6787 6827 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6847 6887 6937 7337 7837 ... LastLast
Results 102,541 to 102,555 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in total shock!!! A friend of mine just called me and told me that a very good friend of mine Kim drowned in her bathtub on Monday. The saddest thing was her grandson found her. How devastating. She was only 50!!! What a F**kin' drag. Her and her fiance were planning on going to Michael White concert on March 22nd with me. They were going to get married this spring.Name:  download (93).jpg
Views: 374
Size:  13.9 KB my friend Vince and their families. Rest in Peace my friend KIM.
    Last edited by Spartacus; Wed, Mar 12th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Spartacus...am so sorry to hear of the tragic passing of your friend....surround yourself with those you can share and talk with - they will be there to support you, hugs

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was 5 years ago today in England when my Mum, Vera passed away. I had to check for the date because it didn't seem like it could have been so long.
    I was inspired by Lee's recent posting to dig out some pictures from the past and share with all of you. The group of girls (Mum's in the middle) was shot in 1934 when she was 15 years young - they look so much older than their years then.
    I like the other photo with her parents as it shows the fashion and a great old English car - which they didn't own, I can guarantee.
    So grateful to have the photos to aid and give life to the memories.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by The Jester; Thu, Mar 13th, 2014 at 12:31 AM.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm in total shock!!! A friend of mine just called me and told me that a very good friend of mine Kim drowned in her bathtub on Monday. The saddest thing was her grandson found her. How devastating. She was only 50!!! What a F**kin' drag. Her and her fiance were planning on going to Michael White concert on March 22nd with me. They were going to get married this spring. my friend Vince and their families. Rest in Peace my friend KIM.
    Sparty, I'm so sorry. I'm sure you're still in shock. Far too young. Tragic.

Name:  th-1.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  11.5 KB
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, rockit and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Know you are in my thoughts.....take care
    Quote Originally Posted by Knottythots View Post
    Good afternoon. It seems I play the same tune every time I’m on with some problem or another and here I am once again. It was one week ago today at work and I was not feeling great, I was trying to load a truck and was having a hard time focusing and started to see double. It’s so hard to put the forks in a skid when you see two of everything. I get back to my desk and start to think what if it’s something like a stroke. I must have looked in the mirror and said chicken soup forty times with my tongue out. Looked it up on the internet and tried every test, nope I’m good, but not getting better. I got my wife and son to come and get me. From there we went to the walk in clinic. I talk to the doctor and he hands me a sheet and tells me to go to direct to the hospital you may be having a stroke. Now panic is starting to set in, but we go straight to North York General at 6:00pm. They took good care of me, and must have seen six doctors that night. Got to the point if one more doctor asks me to squeeze their fingers I was to break them off. About 1:30 am about ½ hour after they did a CT Scan the neurologist came in, he said I know people are telling you it’s a stroke but they are wrong. Seems I have MS and it was a mild case, but at that point I don’t know if that’s better or worse, and I guess I still don’t. In the morning they did and MRI (I hate those) and it showed I have had four spots on the brain. One I knew about as about 15 years ago I woke up and my hand and face were numb. I had an MRI but all they said is that it was not a stroke as it was on the wrong side. And I guess I have had two other small one since. I started out upset at my health which now was double vision, the left side of face has drooped a bit and I have to lift my upper lip when I eat so I don’t bite my lip, my left ear is very loud to me when I talk and I can’t whistle. Then I got upset and depressed about all the work I could not do around the house and the burden on my family. Friday I had a follow up with my neurologist, they want to get me on injections, kind of like an eppy pen. First thing we find out that our insurance does not cover it but my wife’s covers 80% of the $1000 per month. I could see perfectly clear with each eye but not together so would switch my pirate patch from one eye to the other. Monday they set up tests at St Mike’s. I sitting there doing these tests looking at these flashing squares and clicking in my ears. And after each test they would print the result. I think it was the third one I looked down and read what it said. I turned to my wife and said test 3, appearance, result and a long number. She looked and what hell you are talking about, told her I could ready the sheet in front of me with both eyes. The tester said well, I have ebbed and have past the peak and things should return slowly. That night I was able to watch TV, in the morning it was a little blurry and got better the longer I was up. And today I drove to work. Reading and writing are hard and I had to do this over a few hours so it may be jumpy.
    I hope everyone else is doing ok, I would have a hard time going back and looking at all the past week as the eyes could not take it at the moments. I got tickets for the summer bash and hope to go for a least a bit but will have to see on Friday. Have a great day and be careful out there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm in total shock!!! A friend of mine just called me and told me that a very good friend of mine Kim drowned in her bathtub on Monday. The saddest thing was her grandson found her. How devastating. She was only 50!!! What a F**kin' drag. Her and her fiance were planning on going to Michael White concert on March 22nd with me. They were going to get married this spring.Name:  download (93).jpg
Views: 374
Size:  13.9 KB my friend Vince and their families. Rest in Peace my friend KIM.
    That's so very sad about your friend. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    It was 5 years ago today in England when my Mum, Vera passed away. I had to check for the date because it didn't seem like it could have been so long.
    I was inspired by Lee's recent posting to dig out some pictures from the past and share with all of you. The group of girls (Mum's in the middle) was shot in 1943 when she was 15 years young - they look so much older than their years then.
    I like the other photo with her parents as it shows the fashion and a great old English car - which they didn't own, I can guarantee.
    So grateful to have the photos to aid and give life to the memories.
    Nice to have the pics for memories, Jester
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Great pictures Jester. Thanks for sharing.
    I did the same.
    When Lee posted the pics of her Dad, I pulled out some of mine to look through.
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, rockit and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well it's hump day, not a happy one with all this white crap. 22 & Aloha are right, if you don't have to go out, don't had to take rodent to work & it's a good thing i did, the roads aren't plowed at all. white out & drifting white stuff everywhere. the car had a mind of it's own & most of the time it was sideways, even with 4 snow tires. rodent texted the mayor to ask why they weren't out to stay ahead of this crap. she didn't have a reply that i know of when we finally got her to work. it was slow going 40km or less. i have to get her in a few hours, hopefully the plows have been out.
    Big Congrats to 22, Aloha & Sparty on their NEW BLUES as well as Rockit on his NEW DOUBLE BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Knottythots View Post
    Good afternoon. It seems I play the same tune every time I’m on with some problem or another and here I am once again. It was one week ago today at work and I was not feeling great, I was trying to load a truck and was having a hard time focusing and started to see double. It’s so hard to put the forks in a skid when you see two of everything. I get back to my desk and start to think what if it’s something like a stroke. I must have looked in the mirror and said chicken soup forty times with my tongue out. Looked it up on the internet and tried every test, nope I’m good, but not getting better.
    Hope the injections are helping to keep the symptons at bay. like Jester says, take time to heal. hope to see you friday.

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great pics Jester. thanx for sharing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

still waiting for you to stop by & shovel the driveway, McSkier. you wanted this crap.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post

still waiting for you to stop by & shovel the driveway, McSkier. you wanted this crap.
    and then stop by my place, I'm not too far away from Hteam...

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before EWE all unlike me...heading north skiing shortly - BAAAAAAAAAck on Saturday...................

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

er..... um..... dang would have been there but I dont have directions......think spring in about a month...
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
    and then stop by my place, I'm not too far away from Hteam...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a fun drive home! And I didn't have to get pushed even once!

Could have used a little help a couple of times I got stopped on the up hill and I had to use salt/sand mix in the parking lot to get started.
    Who cares about snow tires, my knuckles need the stress!

Happy Canada!

oh yes, and McSnow stop dancing alone!

Thread Information