User Tag List

Page 7612 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 6612 7112 7512 7562 7602 7610 7611 7612 7613 7614 7622 7662 7712 8112 8612 ... LastLast
Results 114,166 to 114,180 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  funny animals with funny sayings 1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  54.8 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am sorry & sad to read about others & their experiences with cancer. It is a beast - that's for sure. As many of you know I have been living with SARCOMA since about 2000. Long story...lost part of my right leg in 2002, had a run in with a unusual melanoma on my right arm, & in 2012 a very big surgery to remove a huge tumour from my left iliac, pelvis & sacrum. I was bed ridden for 2 months after that surgery. (Mt Sinai & West Park for rehab) 33 radiation treatments to my pelvis which meant removing bone from my pelvis, sacrum & tailbone. My left side & my right side are no longer symmetrical. .....Low & a couple of beholds later, here I am dealing with a bilateral metastasis in both lungs. My sarcoma is also inoperable. Too many little tiny tumours as well as a few larger ones. So, that brought me to where I am now. The clinical trial which I am now participating in. So far, so good. The CT scans have shown that the tiny tumours remain unchanged & the larger ones have also now grown. I saw my own scans & my doctor explained to me how they are situated & showed me the healthy lung tissue that is still functioning.....So all I can say is that I am happy with that.

Sarcomas often do not respond to traditional chemotherapy & it is not always practical or possible to radiate multiple tumours or certain areas. Sarcomas are sneaky. They wind around blood vessels, they whirl around tendons & muscles. They are of soft tissue origin - so lookout.

I am still here & I have to say that I am happy to be here. Life is great - I see that every day. One of the plus sides of my experience is that I have met great people. Incredible & knowledgeable docs from around the world that are in Toronto to do a residency or sometimes a fellowship. My care has been first class. The down side is the waiting in the blood lab. Upstairs is not so bad. I am at the hospital twice a month. My treatment is in pill form & I take it every single day. My job right now is to keep this neurfibrosarcoma far away, across the street, around the corner, over the meadow & keep on going!

We have excellent health care here. I advise everyone to always ask for a copy of any radiology reports, bloodwork, scans etc... They are your results & your responsibility is to be informed, aware & on top of things that concern you.

This has been a very hard year for me for so many reasons. The worst ever was loosing my sister in law. I have never missed someone as much as I miss her. But, of course I go on it's just that life isn't the same without Sue. More family stuff, but I'm keeping that private.

So, take it easy dear people & look after yourselves and one another.

xx

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Loocie, sorry about 2nd place, but kudos to you for promoting it. I hope you're feeling better today.

Lee: good thing you went up to the boat yesterday, today would have been miserable.

Madchives: that really must have hurt; I hope you feel better soon, and please, BE CAREFUL.

H - glad ur brother's feeling a little better; I hope that trend continues.

Where's Mechman these days? Does anyone know if he's alright ? A little worried about him.
    Hicks I was just on Facebook and it says he's (Mechman) online so he must be okay.
    Last edited by Spartacus; Sun, Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Loocie, we're all happy you're such a fighter. You have enriched many of our lives.
    So keep up the battle, 1 day @ a time, and know that you're in our hearts, our thoughts, & our prayers.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Hicks I was just on Facebook and it says he's (Mechman) online so he must be okay.
    Thanks Sparty, good to know.
    Maybe he got himself banned as he was expecting.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hope he is not banned from SC & if he is, I hope it is not for long. There are people on here (not on this thread) who have multiple identities who are posting like crazy. I don't know why that seems to be overlooked? Mechman contributes items of interest & value to our thread, so I hope he comes back soon. (besides he is kinda cute)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll ask him we're facebook friends

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    Hi All...
    I am Prepping myself for an Interview this coming Monday.
    Name:  positve vibes.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  10.4 KB Wolfie Good Luck with your interview.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Peaches says thank you!

Attachment 257493
    Really love your Peaches!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sorry & sad to read about others & their experiences with cancer. It is a beast - that's for sure. As many of you know I have been living with SARCOMA since about 2000. Long story...lost part of my right leg in 2002, had a run in with a unusual melanoma on my right arm, & in 2012 a very big surgery to remove a huge tumour from my left iliac, pelvis & sacrum. I was bed ridden for 2 months after that surgery. (Mt Sinai & West Park for rehab) 33 radiation treatments to my pelvis which meant removing bone from my pelvis, sacrum & tailbone. My left side & my right side are no longer symmetrical. .....Low & a couple of beholds later, here I am dealing with a bilateral metastasis in both lungs. My sarcoma is also inoperable. Too many little tiny tumours as well as a few larger ones. So, that brought me to where I am now. The clinical trial which I am now participating in. So far, so good. The CT scans have shown that the tiny tumours remain unchanged & the larger ones have also now grown. I saw my own scans & my doctor explained to me how they are situated & showed me the healthy lung tissue that is still functioning.....So all I can say is that I am happy with that.

Sarcomas often do not respond to traditional chemotherapy & it is not always practical or possible to radiate multiple tumours or certain areas. Sarcomas are sneaky. They wind around blood vessels, they whirl around tendons & muscles. They are of soft tissue origin - so lookout.

I am still here & I have to say that I am happy to be here. Life is great - I see that every day. One of the plus sides of my experience is that I have met great people. Incredible & knowledgeable docs from around the world that are in Toronto to do a residency or sometimes a fellowship. My care has been first class. The down side is the waiting in the blood lab. Upstairs is not so bad. I am at the hospital twice a month. My treatment is in pill form & I take it every single day. My job right now is to keep this neurfibrosarcoma far away, across the street, around the corner, over the meadow & keep on going!

We have excellent health care here. I advise everyone to always ask for a copy of any radiology reports, bloodwork, scans etc... They are your results & your responsibility is to be informed, aware & on top of things that concern you.

This has been a very hard year for me for so many reasons. The worst ever was loosing my sister in law. I have never missed someone as much as I miss her. But, of course I go on it's just that life isn't the same without Sue. More family stuff, but I'm keeping that private.

So, take it easy dear people & look after yourselves and one another.

xx

In the face of so much adversity you continue to inspire so many of us Loocie. Too often we can complain on far less significant issues - you give GR8 perspective. Bless you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not banned just warned, LOL
    This is my first post since then.
    I wont rant or vent, no point, SC won't listen.

I have followed along from the shadows, and will continue.
    Cheers All!
    Last edited by Mechman47; Sun, Sep 21st, 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK - due to my own curiosity to see if I can give my friend a pickling aficionado a run for her money, I am going to try making Andi's pickled beets. I've been pickled before, but I haven't done any pickling in the jarring sense in decades.

Wish me luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Q-mates

Busy morning, went to the toy show in Woodstock, got the groceries for the week.
    Now it's time for Football, racing and beers...

Keep up the good fight q-sters!!!

Name:  1ae5dbde0d7e4397b90ad95d33979d89.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  13.0 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK - due to my own curiosity to see if I can give my friend a pickling aficionado a run for her money, I am going to try making Andi's pickled beets. I've been pickled before, but I haven't done any pickling in the jarring sense in decades.

Wish me luck!
    Good luck - can't be beet!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyloocie View Post
    ok - due to my own curiosity to see if i can give my friend a pickling aficionado a run for her money, i am going to try making andi's pickled beets. I've been pickled before, but i haven't done any pickling in the jarring sense in decades.

Wish me luck!
    good luck loocie!!!

Thread Information