User Tag List

Page 9112 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 8112 8612 9012 9062 9102 9110 9111 9112 9113 9114 9122 9162 9212 9612 10112 ... LastLast
Results 136,666 to 136,680 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    eenie, meenie, miiiini , mo

Ummm... mo

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Morning all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  3b440f0c538a6d330dcbba196f792513.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  23.1 KB
    22hicks, kenrod, Lee03 and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning All. Happy Hanukkah.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  579322_460178780678247_276057233_n.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  38.2 KB

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

December 6
    Thomas A. Edison finished his first phonograph design and gave a sketch of the machine to his mechanic, former Swiss clock maker John Kruesi, to build. Thirty hours later the machine was finished, but Kruesi bet the inventor $2 that it would not work. Edison immediately tested the machine by speaking a nursery rhyme into the mouthpiece, "Mary had a little lamb." To his amazement, the machine played his words back to him. Kruesi would go on be involved in many of Edison's key inventions, including the quadruplex telegraph, the carbon microphone, the phonograph, and the incandescent light bulb and system of electric lighting.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  67.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

December 6
    The Rolling Stones record "19th Nervous Breakdown" and "Mother's Little Helper" at RCA's Hollywood Studios in Los Angeles.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning my Q friends.
    Had a great time with my mom and nephew and my bro and his wife yesterday for my mom's b.day. Unfortunately not for my dad He had to go back to the hospital. What a drag, especially on my mom's b.day. Prayers for you dad, love you forever.
    Have an AWESOME Psychedelic Psunday.
    GO SEAHAWKS GO !!!!!!
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all. I hope you have a wonderful day.

To all our Jewish friends, I want to wish you and your families a Happy Hanukkah.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 168
Size:  11.8 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WORDS AND PHRASES REMIND US OF THE WAY WE WORDED! by Richard Lederer

About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology. These phrases included "Don't touch that dial," "Carbon copy," "You sound like a broken record" and "Hung out to dry." A bevy of readers have asked me to shine light on more faded words and expressions, and I am happy to oblige:

Back in the olden days we had a lot of moxie. We'd put on our best bib and tucker and straighten up and fly right. Hubba-hubba! We'd cut a rug in some juke joint and then go necking and petting and smooching and spooning and billing and cooing and pitching woo in hot rods and jalopies in some passion pit or lovers' lane. Heavens to Betsy! Gee whillikers! Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! Holy moley! We were in like Flynn and living the life of Riley, and even a regular guy couldn't accuse us of being a knucklehead, a nincompoop or a pill. Not for all the tea in China .

Back in the olden days, life used to be swell, but when's the last time anything was swell? Swell has gone the way of beehives, pageboys and the D.A.; of spats, knickers, fedoras, poodle skirts, saddle shoes and pedal pushers. Oh, my aching back. Kilroy was here, but he isn't anymore.

Like Washington Irving's Rip Van Winkle and Kurt Vonnegut's Billy Pilgrim, we have become unstuck in time. We wake up from what surely has been just a short nap, and before we can say, "I'll be a monkey's uncle" or "This is a fine kettle of fish!" we discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent as oxygen, have vanished with scarcely a notice from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards.

Poof, poof, poof go the words of our youth, the words we've left behind. We blink, and they're gone, evanesced from the landscape and wordscape of our perception, like Mickey Mouse wristwatches, hula hoops, skate keys, candy cigarettes, little wax bottles of colored sugar water and an organ grinder's monkey.

Where have all those phrases gone? Long time passing. Where have all those phrases gone? Long time ago: Pshaw. The milkman did it. Think about the starving Armenians. Bigger than a bread box. Banned in Boston . The very idea! It's your nickel. Don't forget to pull the chain. Knee high to a grasshopper. Turn-of-the-century. Iron curtain. Domino theory. Fail safe. Civil defense. Fiddlesticks! You look like the wreck of the Hesperus. Cooties. Going like sixty. I'll see you in the funny papers. Don't take any wooden nickels. Heavens to Murgatroyd! And awa-a-ay we go!

Oh, my stars and garters! It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than Carter had liver pills. This can be disturbing stuff, this winking out of the words of our youth, these words that lodge in our heart's deep core. But just as one never steps into the same river twice, one cannot step into the same language twice. Even as one enters, words are swept downstream into the past, forever making a different river.

We of a certain age have been blessed to live in changeful times. For a child each new word is like a shiny toy, a toy that has no age. We at the other end of the chronological arc have the advantage of remembering there are words that once did not exist and there were words that once strutted their hour upon the earthly stage and now are heard no more, except in our collective memory. It's one of the greatest advantages of aging. We can have archaic and eat it, too.

See ya later, alligator Guess you need to be over the hill. Glad we ain't thar yet. Are we still in the USA?

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Aloha; we don't see you ofter, but I hope that'll change. Couldn't miss the opportunity to wish you a very Happy Birthday. I Hope you have a fantastic day.

Name:  images-1.jpeg
Views: 138
Size:  8.7 KB

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday Aloha. Have an awesome day.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For all those celebrating Hanukkah - may your oil prices stay low!

Chag Urim Sameach!

Thread Information