User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Hey guys,
    I've been reading in the brag section about how everybody is spending $50 BEFORE their coupons and getting the 20x amount for points. I went to 2 different SDM and I had to spend $50 AFTER tax and coupons to get the 20x reward points. I read about people spending $15 and getting 15,000 points. I read in the flyer that it is also pre-tax, discounts and such but please hlep!Please clarify!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

The cashiers will tell you that you don't get 20x the points if you don't spend $50 after coupons. But, as long as your purchase total before coupons is $50 then you should get the points no problem.

Example: Say you buy 5 x Multibionta Vitamins at $11.99 each totalling $59.95. Then, you use 5x $10 coupons. So your after coupons purchase would be $9.95 + tax. You would get 20x the points since your total purchase as above $50.

I hope that made sense. Just tell the cashier you don't care about getting points or whatever and then after the transaction check your receipt and you should have 20x the points

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Which coupons did you use? You must have used some FPC's?

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

no no FPCs at all and only 1 scott's towels coupon...ugh soo theyre lying to me!!

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Thanks a lot xox2010!

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

yes they are lying because they want you to spend more in the store. I did 2x transactions today and my totals were $16.xx and $27.xx after coupons and tax..
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

The cashier I went to tried to tell me the same thing, I just told not to worry about the 20x points and then I showed her the receipt when we were done showing that I indeed got the 20x points because my sub-total was over $50 Happy shopping!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I don't think they're lying....they just plain don't know. I've had it happen many times where they think I'm not getting the points and they are genuinely surprised when I do.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

today i heard one cashier tell a customer they had to spend $75. luckily the manager was behind her at the time and corrected her.

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

this was my first time doing this so i didnt know but now i know better!

thanks everyone!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they just don't know. IMO, SDM is a bit of a mess...i.e. i had 3 errors on my bill today, 2 of them because the item didn't register as on sale and i had to show them in the flyer. and that's only the items they actually had in stock...most of the sale items i went for weren't even in stock.

does anyone know if SDM has to follow the scanning code of practice?
    Save up to 15% when you shop online through the Blastoff Network. It's free to join and soon it will include Canadian & European stores. Join for free now at http://my.blastoffnetwork.com/thebooz

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koolade View Post
    they just don't know. IMO, SDM is a bit of a mess...i.e. i had 3 errors on my bill today, 2 of them because the item didn't register as on sale and i had to show them in the flyer. and that's only the items they actually had in stock...most of the sale items i went for weren't even in stock.

hey, they absolutely do!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koolade View Post

Yes! About a week ago they had the 8 pack of those yogurt drinks on sale for $3.99, it rang up as $6.99....I told the cashier the price was supposed to be $3.99...he started to put that amount in until I reminded him about SCOP, so I got it free.

I was wondering if you gave the cashier the coupons before/during the transaction, then your total would not reach the minimum requirement (ie: $50) to get the points....is the key giving them the coupons after they ring everything through?? And if that's the case, do you think SDM may start changing their policy? I know at one of the SDM's I go to, they've told their cashiers to ring in the product, and then the coupon. But what if you don't give them the coupons until the end?? I dunno....I just keep thinking they may catch on and change their system.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I don't think they're lying....they just plain don't know. I've had it happen many times where they think I'm not getting the points and they are genuinely surprised when I do.
    I agree with this completely. Though I skipped it today, last time they had the 20x bonus I had a new cashier who was very sweet. At the end, she saw my total was $41 including taxes and she said, "Shoot, you didn't quite make it." I said " I'll bet I do!", then showed her the receipt. She said something along the lines of "Wow, that is so cool, now I know for next time."

So it may be ignorance .. I'm sure the cashiers are encouraged to upsell customers who they see are close to a $50 total.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I don't blame the cashiers. It would be hard to keep up with all of SDM's promos. Buy $75 and get movie tickets today, buy $20 of Olay and get 15X points tomorrow, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's nice the cash register does it automatically.

I tried to SCOP today on the .69 Royale tissue because I'd bought 6 boxes and was charged 4 X .69 and 2 X 1.29. The cashier said that must have been because of a limit of 4 at the lower price, but she just gave me a cash refund for the difference of 0.60 each box. Oh and she let me use the Go Coupons Royale tissue $1.50WUB3. What's a Royale Grande Ultra? I hoped a Royale Ultra would suffice and it did.

It's also worth asking if something isn't on the shelves. I asked about paper towels that were advertised but not on display and someone got me a package from the back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information