User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

so I went to Zellers and picked up one of the Quantum starter kits that is for sale at 4.99. I also bought some spongetowels for 3.49 and when I went through the cash I gave the guy my 6 dollar coupon and a 1 dollar coupon for the papertowel. he didn't adjust the price and put in the entire 6 bucks. There were alot of people behind me and I didnt want to say anything to slow it down even more but I am pretty sure they suppose to adjust the price. Am I wrong?
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last time I checked they wouldn't even take a coupon for more than the product let alone adjust it. You got lucky

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

yea, REAL lucky I have always been denied when trying to give any coupon over the value of the item even if it is only .25cents. maybe it was because it was busy and he was just in a rush. WTG!! which Zellers was it lol - maybe some of us can get lucky too ;-)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since when is it 'lucky' to take advantage of an ' inexperienced' cashier? For that matter, it's not honest either. I think you should have brought it to the cashier's attention. This error on his and your part( since you know better), could impact any or all further couponing at that store. It will just be a matter of time when their sales audit dept. figures out the shortage. Karma.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

Don't Be So Quick To Judge, Can You Say You've Honestly Never Done That Before??

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

your right I should have and I wanted to but I hate bringing attention to me which is the only reason I did not bring it to his attention... but at the same time I wasn't sure if that was their policy or not... hence the reason for the title of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    Since when is it 'lucky' to take advantage of an ' inexperienced' cashier? For that matter, it's not honest either. I think you should have brought it to the cashier's attention. This error on his and your part( since you know better), could impact any or all further couponing at that store. It will just be a matter of time when their sales audit dept. figures out the shortage. Karma.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Head back and correct the wrong, it's the right thing to do.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Sometimes customers make mistakes, and sometimes cashiers make mistakes. Some posts in here should have been worded a little nicer.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Mon, May 30th, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

To all those that think I should be thrown in jail for this, I consider myself an honest fair couponer. I always follow the rules (When I am sure of them), I NEVER clear a shelf.. I most Certainly NEVER buy sample sizes just to make money and I always SHARE my coupons with 9 out of 10 times asking for NOTHING in return. If you look at my join date you might notice that I am fairly NEW to this and STILL Learning!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think you are wrong at all they all do it on this site in one form or another. They let the cashiers do what they do and these stores change the rules faster than I can change my underware!!! I have just started and I am so confused. At london drugs I went in the store and stacked advil and got it. I left the store. Went back the next day same coupons different cashier and she wouldn't adjust the overage. Went back again and again the cashier adjusted. I don''t get it. I brought it up to them and every cashier is wrong except for the one I am dealing with. So am I wrong for not taking back the items I did get adjusted. No they can't bother to train there staff and how are you suppose to know at that moment they didn't change the policy. I don't think your wrong and I don't think anyone on this site should be brow beating you over it. I just started and the rules change constantly.
    RCSS did the same thing to me. These store need to get there poop together not us.
    Don't sweat it your not a crook.

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Too funny. You ladies are being a little silly about this whole thing. biankavarner I find each Zellers is different. Each Zellers has their own set of policies. I checked once when I was denied an item all together because the coupon was more then the product. They would not even adjust the .25cents. I called their Head Office and they said Zellers has "similiar" coupon policies but it is really up to each individual store to decide if they will adjust coupons, allow overages, etc. So don't beat yourself up over this and don't let others either. If Zellers had a "provincial" policy then it would make it a whole lot easier on us couponers. It is up to the store to have their cashiers properly trained according to that stores policy and if that cashier put through your entire coupon then GOOD FOR YOU and don't let anyone tell you otherwise or make you feel bad about it!!!!

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Thanks for all the POSSITIVE Comments on here. Very much apprechiated... I don't let anyone beat me up or make me feel bad over this... after the things I read on here (mostly the riddicilus Brag section) I have done nothing wrong as far as I am concerned and NO I am not going back to the store to make THINGS RIGHT.. like someone said there is really no loss for the store here as they are getting back the entire 6 dollars anyways.... so what is there to make things right?
    Joybelly thanks for the informative answer to my question/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I can honestly and proudly say that I have never knowingly cheated a cashier out of the incorrect change or price. I also understand how 'innocent' mistakes, or lapses in judgment occur. I believe it's everyone's right to listen to their conscience, and everyone's duty to 'do the right thing'.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You asked the question, " Am I Wrong? " on this forum, and well, you got your answers.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I was looking to the answer if Zellers gives overages not if I committed an ethical crime. It's all good though, lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    You asked the question, " Am I Wrong? " on this forum, and well, you got your answers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information