User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Maybe it would be great to make a sticky post with the status of the strike-to-be.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    257 (100%)

I was just talking to our mailman and the only mail that will be delivered while they are on strike are Social Services cheques. Everything else will be at a standstill until an agreement can be made.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

well can't coupons kinda be considered social service cheques? I mean we're basically using them as money so....

bit of a stretch huh?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Well, Christmas can't last forever. But just think when Christmas comes around again when the strike is over (I'm thinking it will be short lived), our boxes will be stuffed to the brim..... ahhhhhhhhh!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Not a stretch in my mind either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCoupon View Post
    well can't coupons kinda be considered social service cheques? I mean we're basically using them as money so....

bit of a stretch huh?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    257 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCoupon View Post

bit of a stretch huh?
    I keep saying anything is worth a try. Lol but I don't think they will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Well, Christmas can't last forever. But just think when Christmas comes around again when the strike is over (I'm thinking it will be short lived), our boxes will be stuffed to the brim..... ahhhhhhhhh!
    Lots and lots of mail to open. I don't know what we are going to do though my little one waits for the mailman now. I will have to get family to drop off envelopes everyday just to keep him happy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I was excited last night when I had 2 envelopes...imagine if I had a whole bunch. it's like back when I was a teen and had a zillion pen pals. going to get the mail was FUN!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    i really wish people would stop making posts saying OMG CP IS ON STRIKE...if they cant come to a deal.
    like theres like 6 -10 threads like this already...
    when it becomes official then maybe it should be posted
    Why do you feel the need to add your 2 cents to EVERYTHING, especially when you disagree with OP starting the thread in the first place??

2nd of all, the contractors will be delivering oldage pension, welfare, UIC...basiclly any goverment issued cheque. Nothing else.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Theorox View Post
    Why do you feel the need to add your 2 cents to EVERYTHING, especially when you disagree with OP starting the thread in the first place??

2nd of all, the contractors will be delivering oldage pension, welfare, UIC...basiclly any goverment issued cheque. Nothing else.

Last time i checked.. this is a forum... thats what people do... they voice their opinions

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We should start tipping them! They deliver our mail i think they deserve it. I see my mail man go through all sorts of crap. The weather here can get mean and he walks through it everyday all day.
    ~ SwagBucks ~
    Total Coupon Savings Since Nov.17,2010:$4760.11

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

The reason i posted it is because they actually gave notice this time and thought all us sc'ers would like to know it will finally most likely happen. Thought it was a pretty big deal compared to just the posts about it MAYBE happening.

I don't know about everybody else but I don't enjoy going back and fourth through threads to find out and it being a seperate post would kinda help me be informed,it seemed like more of a big deal.

Kinda like the facebook "likes" for free coupons when somebody wanted to start a thread for just that when not everybody would be willing to check it everyday.
    Last edited by kris10; Tue, May 31st, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

can someone find an offical ANYTHING on this "strike" Last I heard they were soposed to have one last week but it got cancelled cause they negotiated.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Very well said!! I need to following the strike. I have lots of trades and trains out right now. It is very nice to be informed in 1 spot. Thanks for starting this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kris10 View Post
    The reason i posted it is because they actually gave notice this time and thought all us sc'ers would like to know it will finally most likely happen. Thought it was a pretty big deal compared to just the posts about it MAYBE happening.

I don't know about everybody else but I don't enjoy going back and fourth through threads to find out and it being a seperate post would kinda help me be informed,it seemed like more of a big deal.

Kinda like the facebook "likes" for free coupons when somebody wanted to start a thread for just that when not everybody would be willing to check it everyday.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Please keep on topic - if you have news of the strike, then post.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information