User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where to get Pure Protein Bars?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Actually, at the one SMD I went to, the protein bar shelves had a mixture of opened & unpen boxes (of all varieties).....the shelf stickers had only boxed prices.....I took a Pure Protein bar from an opened box & brought it to a cashier & she did a PC (I told her that there were no individual prices)...it came up as $2.59....that doesn't do me any good! I wonder if the $2.29 is a US price?

These bars are expensive little suckers aren't they?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

At Walmart they are $1.67. When I was there there were lots, but when I went back they only had unopen boxes. I am thinking they will probably be stocking these pretty regularly, so just gotta be patient.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alevry78 View Post
    At Walmart they are $1.67. When I was there there were lots, but when I went back they only had unopen boxes. I am thinking they will probably be stocking these pretty regularly, so just gotta be patient.

That's what i'm thinking too. I only have a couple coupons, and they don't expire until July 31, so I can wait

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

has anyone tried them? how do they taste?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've seen these individually @ WM & RCSS, in sealed boxes of 4-5 at WM and both opened/sealed 12packs, priced individually

Quote Originally Posted by Lattelady View Post
    has anyone tried them? how do they taste?
    they're decent. slightly better than your average protein bar, not too dry or chalky but by no means my favorite. More protein than powerbar's offerings, but less than others available at similar prices by the box. Wouldn't purchase again at reg prices, but when on sale definitely

IMO Costco is the place to go for protein supps, they've got 3 kinds of bars between 85¢ an $1.20 each, liquid shakes at $1.25~ ea, and whey protein powders for aprox half the price of GNC & such
    Last edited by Fury420; Wed, Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Fury420 View Post
    I've seen these individually @ WM & RCSS, in sealed boxes of 4-5 at WM and both opened/sealed 12packs, priced individually

they're decent. slightly better than your average protein bar, not too dry or chalky but by no means my favorite. More protein than powerbar's offerings, but less than others available at similar prices by the box. Wouldn't purchase again at reg prices, but when on sale definitely

IMO Costco is the place to go for protein supps, they've got 3 kinds of bars between 85¢ an $1.20 each, liquid shakes at $1.25~ ea, and whey protein powders for aprox half the price of GNC & such
    I agree. They're okay for being free!

My / my boyfriend's favourite bars are CLIF BUILDER'S bars with 20g of protein in each bar. Amazing and available at Costco. There's also $1 wub 2 coupons from thehealthyshopper- which we can buy at Walmart making them $1.50/bar. They're so yummy and decadent. Definitely give them a go if you're in the market for a new bar

OH!! & they're vegan!!!
    Last edited by janetta; Wed, Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I like the Detour bars, but I did pick up one of the Pure Protein at WM yesterday, since its free

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

walmart wouldn't let me use that cpn because mine didn't have a bar code, but I'm ok with that- I'm ok with even having to pay 20 cents at shoppers, then its code 2001 and not 2002, awesome on 20x the points

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I was going to start a new thread with the same question, I'm glad I found the answer here. Will definitely look at walmart the next time. I want a store where the bar with the tax will come to less than $2.29, this way I can try them for free and then decide if I would like to pay taxes for them or not if the price is above the maximum limit.
    Dussault likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I've managed to get some of the PB Pure Protein bars at 2 different WM's @ $1.67 which comes to $1.89 with tax....I'm saving them for our camping trip~will come in handy on those hikes! So far, I've only been able to get the PB variety....the other chocolate one seems to be a favourtie cause its never there!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went to RC Superstore in Langford/Victoria today, They had the items but the customer service cashier argued that you could only use one coupon per transaction purchase. I tried to say each bar was a different purchase, and each bar had its own coupon separately, but she argued till she was blue in the face that they can only run ONE coupon total even if you buy 4 items. I ended up coming back and doing 4 separate transactions to use 4 separate coupons.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got one at the Langford RCSS today (only had one coupon with me). I don't have much experience with protein bars, but it was pretty gross.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    I agree. They're okay for being free!

My / my boyfriend's favourite bars are CLIF BUILDER'S bars with 20g of protein in each bar. Amazing and available at Costco. There's also $1 wub 2 coupons from thehealthyshopper- which we can buy at Walmart making them $1.50/bar. They're so yummy and decadent. Definitely give them a go if you're in the market for a new bar

OH!! & they're vegan!!!
    The builder's bars are definitely quite close to an actual candybar, very tasty

although... IMO unless your actually vegan that aspect can be a downside when it comes to the protein itself, as there is some controversy when it comes to soy protein powders (GMO, phytoestrogens for men, etc....) IMO nothing to avoid soy entirely over, but considering how frequently athletes & bodybuilders can eat protein supps something to keep in mind.

common protein ingredients ranked by protein quality & price, highest to lowest:
    milk protein/micellar casein
    caseinate (calcium or sodium usually)
    whey isolate (or hydrolyzate)
    egg protein (rarely used as powder)
    whey concentrate
    soy protein
    brown rice protein
    Hydrolyzed Collagen (usually of limited biological value, used for texture mostly but counts as 'protein')
    Gelatin (actually counts as 'protein' in nutritional facts, worse than collagen for BV)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll also be posting some protein deals as they come in the future

oh... and the Real Canadian Wholesale Club carries these Pure Protein bars in the pharmacy section, and gladly accepted my coupons.
    They had wholesale worthy quantities on the shelf, lol
    Last edited by Fury420; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Fury420~ in your opinion, are these PP bars good? I'm getting them to stock up for our camping trip....my son has an incredible high metabolism and even though he doesn't eat huge meals at once, he does eat throughout the day & night...he's definitely a busy guy! Anyways, I was thinking that these bars would be alright for hiking trips....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have checked RCSS and Wal Mart and they must have been out. I will definitely try again. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information