User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hey guys,
    I didn't know this until now but Walmart doesn't combine price matching with the corresponding coupons!
    Which is weird because i called Walmart in my city and they Customer Service person said - "yes, you can do that". But when I tried to PM the pharmasave crest at 0.99 at Walmart and use my $1.00 coupon i got at Loblaws (a manufactuerer coupon) they said you can only do one or the other.
    This is NEW to me since the CSR told me i could do this and I WAS ABLE to do this at Walmart in Oakville.

But, i see why they would tell you to choose one or the other. Both are discounts.

Was anyone put in the same situation?

*I also gave some coupons to people buying toothpaste today one elderly woman and another lady
    *And i met another couponer today!! i gave him and his wife a coupon for baby formula as she was preggies
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Pharmasave, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I price match at walmart all the time and I use coupons on the pm items,,,

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I Pm and use coupons all the time!

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Someone was misinformed. You can use both for sure.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

yup, I used a ton on Friday night, never had an issue!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was told the same thing in Montreal, and I told them that I had called corporate offices CS and was told that I could. I asked them politely, to call Head Office to verify the policy. The manager just passed both the PM and coupons through. I don't think they wanted the attention from HO.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I also PM and use coupons without a problem!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I PM and used coupons today with no trouble at walmart

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

HO and my local store manager have both confirmed that you can do both after I emailed and called in a complaint. Someone either didnt want to do it or was misinformed.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i do that in toronto all the time the only thing is i did try to used a loblaws coupon and the manager told me that they did not allow loblaws coupon ..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

OMG, this was my situation today!! I PM a BOGO sale on toothpaste from Lawtons and at first they said they couldn't. So I had to put out their policy and prove that I could, fine they let me, then I wanted to use my coupon, they told me one or the other, I put up a fight, I know the policy better than they do! In the end they let me use the coupon with the price match but only on the ones that weren't free (I know I can use them on both, but at that point I was tired of auguring over it.) (I also had a very rude man behind me, muttering "this is ridiculous", I was a little frustrated at this point, and I just turned to him and said "there is nothing ridiculous about saving money", he left the line... lol). I wrote to head office when I got home, so they could send up a official statement on price matching with coupon use.

Has a purseful of coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by monctonmoneysaver View Post
    OMG, this was my situation today!! I PM a BOGO sale on toothpaste from Lawtons and at first they said they couldn't. So I had to put out their policy and prove that I could, fine they let me, then I wanted to use my coupon, they told me one or the other, I put up a fight, I know the policy better than they do! In the end they let me use the coupon with the price match but only on the ones that weren't free (I know I can use them on both, but at that point I was tired of auguring over it.) (I also had a very rude man behind me, muttering "this is ridiculous", I was a little frustrated at this point, and I just turned to him and said "there is nothing ridiculous about saving money", he left the line... lol). I wrote to head office when I got home, so they could send up a official statement on price matching with coupon use.
    if they respond to you with an official statement on pm and coupons on the same items, please post it so we can have some sort of proof that we can do it at wm. thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Walmart in Midland, On always lets me price match and coupon. I would talk to the CSM or the manager.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Could it be because you used a competitor's coupon? I think some walmarts consider a competitor's coupon (ie. from loblaws) as a form of PM and since you already price matched Pharmasave that may have been why they had an issue with it.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

no issue at my Walmart

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information