User Tag List

Thread: Question

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just wondering, do you think sometimes people dont post their deals because they know that with the number of people using coupons the store would clear out of products quickly, when they havent purchased their yet, i feel donating is great BUT people are on here for a reason, some find life harder than others. what im trying to say is.....there was a post along time ago on here for the free (after coupon) of cranberry juice..some people were getting cases and donating it to the food bank, when a lady tried to find some at no frills, they were sold out, so she made the comment...i guess if i want free cranberry juice i will have to go to the foodbank........
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, No Frills

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I understand what you are saying. I think it's great to give stuff to the food bank with the help of coupons, but I also think that it may make it harder to use coupon for those that only use coupons for their own living. Some cashiers are not always nice to couponers.
    Got $120 AGC. Joined end of FEB 2011. Join the fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kappi

I've just join SUPERPOINTS, how about you ??? http://superpoints.com/wrpgs/7n547a

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I agree with you jennifer. It has happened to me several times where i went for a great deal but when i got there there was no more. I am part of a low income family and need those deals out there. i have 2 teens and anyone with teens know it can be expensive. Donating is also great, but i would love it if they kept families like mine in mind. I rarely go to the food bank cause i don't have a car and cabs would get expensive and defeat the purpose of going at all. I do not keep my deals to myself though. I think of the other families out there who need the deals as much as i do.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ive donated before , gave 80% of my "stuff" to Crossroad last week. I have been using coupons on here for a couple of years, ive had to stop myself from getting stuff just because its free....i dont need 50 deodorants or bodywash....I had probably 30 coupons for olay....would have been alot of soap for free, unfortunately, I didnt realize you could use these until the last day at GT...also i didnt know GT had Old Spice razors there, or zellers had the trial size bags of Iams, It just seems like if there were 50 dawn and someone posted that dawn was free at a certain store, by the time you get there someone has bought the 50 bottles...are we greedy?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am still not over people price matching the scrubbing bubbles at 3.39at Walmart when they know full well that it is the wrong price. I went to Canadian Tire and got mine for 2.79 after the coupon. A great deal! Yet people want more. It really irks me.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

If you don't get there in time remember you can always ask for a rain check. I've had to do this a few times, most recently for the Buy 2 dawn for $1 at jean coute.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

True Monctonmoneysaver, but what i was trying to say was if you see Iams for instance and you buy 20 bags and donate it, what about the people that cant afford to feed their animals well because the product has been gobbled up and donated to a shelter...Since this is suppose to be a "coupon community" and we should help each other out first. Just my opinion...

Wrinkles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wish that I could get more coupons of a good deal!
    Last edited by WRINKLES; Tue, Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Agghhhh! I had meant to go back for a rain check for the Dawn at Jean Coute and forgot all about it and then got my coupons for it the next week. Kicking myself after missing out on that one!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I missed out on the dawn too. hoping it comes back before the coupons expire.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm with you all on this one. I buy a lot of stock but I usually don't have enough coupons to buy it all. I only buy enough for me for a year usually if the price is good enough and then I buy a couple for family.
    It's even frusterating when you see on the shelves where coupons used to be cause someone took em all.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yup. I went to Super Store and there were a few tear pads that were empty. i think it was the bounty ones. went where they are sold and found 1 laying there on the shelf. only thing is i couldn't see the bounty that was supposedly on sale. going to town this evening to see if there are any of the other stuff i wanted. fingers crossed. couponing is pretty hard when you don't have a car, can't run to the store as soon as you find a sale.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely agree with you on this Jennifer01. Personally I only buy enough of any great deal to last me 2-3 months because I know the same coupons and deals are going to come around again. I actually have to stop myself from buying more, I think getting such great deals just feeds my shopping addiction.

Thread Information