User Tag List

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I am a newbie so I am still getting used to the whole couponing thing. In prior years I had the money to donate at Christmas time. This year I can't. I still want to donate at Christmas and so I would like to put together as much donations as possible that I can collect myslef by couponing. What I need is your help and advice in telling me which coupons are the best ones to hang on to and which ones to search high and low for .... I know its a lot to ask but I really want to come up with a great donation. Before my car accident I was able to put together 100 backpacks of items but it cost a lot of money. Are there coupons for underwear and socks? Any other tips/tricks? Any advice appreciated ... thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Your best bet would probably be toiletry gift sets for women's shelters or men's shelters. I have seen a cereal box that something to do with a t-shirt but really pay attention as I didn't want it. Baby packages and food hampers are also another idea. I will be donating toiletries and food hampers at Christmas time as I don't have the money for toys or really anything else.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

thanks for the idea ... I was pretty sure that is what I would end up doing I just wanted to confirm that this was the best idea .... now which coupons are the best to start saving?

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I can find a variety of Dove coupons that can be stacked. Toothpaste. Cleaning supplies or dog treats for the SPCA. Cereal box coupons.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I need help in knowing which coupons to collect and look for .... and when to use them before theyexpire... for example the current $1 Dove coupons will expire in December which is great but there is also the $2 off when you buy 2 that expire in August ... I've heard about stacking - I know to go to Save On or London Drugs... but still don't have a plan and am hesitating about when to go is best.... Any tips on doing that first stacking trip.... I'm kind chicken on doing a big one but I want to learn to do it so I can repeat it over and over so I get my Christmas donations stockpiled. A little push on my bike might get me riding on my own. lol

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Rika, there are people on this forum who take on newbies and take them shopping, and showed them the ropes.. I think I have seen that Edmontonchristine and mvandekuyt have done that. If you pm them, (in case they don't read this thread) they might take you along next time they shop and give you pointers etc.

Maybe even others will read this thread and volunteer. Good luck!

And welcome to SC!

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That would be awesome... there is lots of time to go so yes.. if someone would do that for me it would get my confidence up and I would be off to the races!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

right now those great buy 3 get 5 off gillette coupons... great for shaving cream at walmart!!
    check out a trade bundle i have....
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/194029-...ewbies-canada/

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Some SDM have these great travel packs for 11.99 that you can use the $5.00 gilette coupon on. It has everything in them. I have bought two at separate times. For $7 you get a gilette razor, antipersperant, shave cream, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrush, head and shoulders, mouthwash, facial cleanser and aftershave in a kit.

As for being taught, I just went out and did it. Can't stack P&G. Go to LD unless you can't get it there because SOF is way more expensive. Watch your flyers. Start with a couple of items try a price match and a couple of items. I have cut my grocery bill in half including meat and my donations.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

that travel pack sounds good - something I did not know about. Part of the problem is that I don't drive and I am partially disabled so don't get out as much ... I have to plan my trips well. I was in a car accident and am just starting to get out and about. .... I learn a little different now. I have two of the Gillette coupons so I will keep my eyes open for flyers advertising the travel packs - I did buy an "old lady" cart so that I can "carry" more items as I use a cane. lol

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

100 backpacks, good for you! You might be able to get some cloth bags donated from companies that have their advertising logos. You can try sending emails to local industries like Suncor, Imperial Oil and see if they have any leftover promotional items they would like to donate.

If you like doing Santa's Anonymous you can get large toy trucks from Chapman's Kid Club (kidsclub.ca). It's completely free, but you do need to play games on a slow server. You can have up to six accounts and get two trucks per account/year. There are lots of other prizes too, since last year I've gotten:

two trucks
    $10 in ice cream coupons
    2 shirts
    2 calculators
    star highlighter
    lunch bag
    note pad w/pen

Swagbucks is another way to earn paypal or Amazon.ca or .com giftcards to save up for Christmas. PayPal you can transfer to your bank account and spend as you please. Lots of people join swagbucks and give up because it's confusing. Check out my Swagbucks 101.pdf and decide if it's for you.

Amazon Mechanical turk can also earn you amazon.com giftcards that you can save up for Christmas.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

HMMMMM more interesting ways than I thought of.... I will check the swagbucksinfo and see if its for me thanks

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Not quite ready for swagbucks yet but maybe in the future. thanks for the thoght

Thread Information