User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

I received a phone call on Thursday afternoon that the Dollarama in Campbell River now accepts manufacturers coupons! I am away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to check it out but I will be making a trip on Monday
    Greetings from the wet West!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You are so lucky! Nanaimo is still a no. I don't see it happening anytime soon because every time I ask they look at me like I am crazy!! Almost like they don't even know what a coupon is!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    I received a phone call on Thursday afternoon that the Dollarama in Campbell River now accepts manufacturers coupons! I am away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to check it out but I will be making a trip on Monday
    I hope they do Can you let me know if you have success please. Now if only I knew where it was in the city. (still fairly new and still learning my way around, I know how to get to the superstore though, lol) Figure if I stay on dogwood I'm safe from getting too lost

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tweet03 View Post
    I hope they do Can you let me know if you have success please. Now if only I knew where it was in the city. (still fairly new and still learning my way around, I know how to get to the superstore though, lol) Figure if I stay on dogwood I'm safe from getting too lost

LOL. Heading down Dogwood toward Superstore take a left anywhere around the Home Hardware or Save on Foods/London Drug and you will find the CR Commons mall. Thrifty foods is on one end, Dollarama is on the other end

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I went to the Campbell River Dollarama yesterday. I asked at the front if they take coupons and the cashier didn't know anything about it, so she sent me to someone else who had been there longer. He said yes as long as they so not exceed the value of the item purchased. So I went and did a mini shop ( I only found a few things I could use coupons for ) and went back to the cashier. I explained what the person she sent me to said and she had no idea still what to do with coupons. Okay I can be patient. So the guy comes up and explains how to use the coupons but one coupon was for a buy 2 get $2 off, so now he calls another manager. So she comes and says that yes they will take the coupons but only 1 per transaction???? So I had 6 coupons in total and not only would I have to pay only the taxes each individual time but she explained to me that I would have to go to the back of the line each time. So I ended up being nearly 45 mins to check out a total of $1.50 at .24 each time ( great for debit transactions too ). I appreciate that they are taking coupons but it made no sense to make a customer go to the back of the line each time? Has anyone else had and experience like this??

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

I went on Saturday and used a $2 J&J coupon for a polysporin spray which was $2 so I only had to pay the taxes on it. I didn't see anything else I wanted to buy so I didn't run into your problem. The policy has only been in place in CR for one week and on Saturday I was told I was the first person to use a coupon in that store (so you were the second, third, forth... ). They didn't have a coupon button so I suggested they put the coupon in as cash and then let me pay for the rest of my purchase the normal way. They said they were going to change the buttons on the cash machine this week.
    Do you live in CR? If so, call the store and ask to speak to the manager. She is a very nice lady and I think she works weekdays. One coupon per transaction is ridiculous!

Maybe you could let her know about other store policies, maybe ones that are on line that she could see. Also make sure to point out one coupon per purchase means one coupon of that UPC per one item not transaction (unless it says limit 4 like coupons per transaction). I have a few coupons that say that. If you don't live in town I could make the call.

The more people who use the policy, the better the store will get. If people don't bother to use it then the store won't think it is an important option and they may discontinue it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't live in town, I came up from Nanaimo just because I was excited they took coupons. Sill I know, my husband already pointed it out but we enjoyed a family day/drive. There were no limitations on the coupons like that. I made sure I read them very well as to not have any confusion for the store. If you want to call that would be great. It is unlikely that I will be back any time soon. I am working on our Dollarama ( no luck so far ) Thanks!

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

I will let you know what they say.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I just got out of the CR store. I couldn't get the poly to go. They said no becase the coupon was more than the item. Darn. Better luck to the next person.

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

It is the same as the coupon, not more...

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

I called them today. The manager is very nice to talk to. It is Dollarama policy that if the coupon says one coupon per purchase that mean one of that UPC per transaction. If you have many different items each with different coupons then there is no problem. I was told that if this is an annoying policy go to their website and send an email to head office. Enough complaints and they might change the policy. I was also assured that as long as the coupon does not exceed the product value it can be used. If it is a $2 coupon and a $2 item the coupon can be used. If it is a $3 coupon and a $2.50 item they won't accept it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Good to know. Thanks

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    I was also assured that as long as the coupon does not exceed the product value it can be used. If it is a $2 coupon and a $2 item the coupon can be used. If it is a $3 coupon and a $2.50 item they won't accept it.
    They could adjust the savings on the coupon, like SDM does. That would be ideal

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

just to let you know, nanaimo dollarma did accept coupons for a bit i got the big axe deos for free with the 2$ coupons i had, and kotex tween pads 150 off 200. so 50 cents. i went bak there last week, and they said they arent doing it anymore, i hope that they consider it again. it would be amazing if they could continue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information