User Tag List

Thread: heh heh...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

soo, you know those free 1 lb banana coupons on cereal boxes??
    Apparently they more or less get you 2 kg of bananas for free
    ...second time tonight for me.

I also got a box of Skinny Cow ice cream for free ($5 off, on sale for 4.99)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nicely done! 1lb...2kg...who's counting...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Maybe it's just me but bragging about a cashier making a mistake that's going to throw her till off and probably get in trouble isn't a great brag. Not to mention the fact that the store won't get their money back for the bananas you took home.

I'm all for free stuff but not at the expense of a cashier or store. JMO.

SAVINGS.. LOVE SAVINGS..
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

I guess Im confused on the what the coupon had said, But I always got 2 pounds with mine. And the cashiers till wouldnt be off. She just takes the price of the bananas, it doesnt show how much they weigh so when they weight them it just shows a price. No real way for the cashier to know how much that banaas weigh.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAL4ME View Post
    I guess Im confused on the what the coupon had said, But I always got 2 pounds with mine. And the cashiers till wouldnt be off. She just takes the price of the bananas, it doesnt show how much they weigh so when they weight them it just shows a price. No real way for the cashier to know how much that banaas weigh.
    The till will be off. The 2lb free banana coupon has a max value of $1.69. (I'm assuming its the same coupon) The coupon amount would have been entered for the price of 2kg of bananas or approx 4.5lbs. When she counts up her coupons she will be short the difference between what the til says and what paper coupons she has in hand.

Having worked years in retail at a variety of retailers I can tell you that being short where something like a coupon is concerned is a big deal when it comes to a till being balanced. Coupon errors have to be accounted for and accrued or the accounting won't balance.

Since the coupon is valued at $1.69 and bananas are on average $0.89/lb she would be out about $2.30 in her coupon total. The actual weight doesn't matter as you said but the dollar amount does.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well, the coupon did state a max. value... not my problem if HE couldn't read the darn thing.
    Last edited by pamplemousse; Thu, Jun 30th, 2011 at 09:56 AM.

Thread Information