User Tag List

Thread: did I not post?

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I posted a new thread about a dollarama experience and I am wondering if I forgot to send it. I was on a bit of a rant about an experience at the dollarama on Tacoma and I do not see it now. It was quite lengthy but I wonder if there was a problem?
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I certainly was upset, but not with Dollarama, with a couponer. Please tell me if I was wrong to post this. I don't think so but you never know. I did not identify anyone or slam anyone personally but maybe it got lost somehow. I still think it is important for people to know what happened.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

It was expired - thats probably why you can't find it.

If you look under your profile and click on the statistics tab you can see all the threads that you have started.
    Last edited by luvfreestuff; Fri, Jul 8th, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

ok I went into your profile and I was able to read what you wanted to post and I am soooooooooo mad that people are doing this and going to ruin it for the rest of us
    First off how did they use the $5 off when you buy 3 gillette when the ones at $$ store are $1 each I hope they didnt get the overage there??
    If the person reads this and thinks its ok to photo copy a coupon and use it you are wrong if I ever see a person doing this I will be at the cash faster then you think reporting you..

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I went back and read it too, and it disgusts me that people would be so selfish, and dishonest! It must have hit a soft spot with somebody on here to expire the thread, since I don't see any other way it would have happened...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went into your profile and read this too. People like this are making it so hard for us to use coupon. When I was at Zellers I this week using 3 coupons for dog food the casher had to check to see if it was ok to take them . She told me she didn`t want to get in trouble. She said that there was some strange things happening with coupons the last couple of weeks. She didn`t say what.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Just posting your original thread here so everyone can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    Well I gotta say I was ashamed to be a couponer today. I went to Tacoma Dollarama to try using coupons again as the MOD (thats what they are called) last week suggested I do. Before my purchase of 4 Vileda scrunges I asked the teller, explained it all to her about last week, other dollar stores, company policy etc.... So she said okay, but wanted to call the MOD to make sure, that is fine I say. MOD says politely "no". Today, I am going home with a scunge! So I told the whole story again and she said "ok, you can have one" I said coupon reads "one per purchase/transaction and not per person." She said its my discretion, so I accepted that......for the time being. We went aside and really had a friendly chat, because she was concerned with what has been happening. A couple of Couponers (I'm pretty certain SC couponers) were in the store on Saturday and cleared out all of there trial size Gillette foamy's with, get this, photo copied coupons of the buy 3 (or gift pack) save 5$ This couponer argued rudely that they were legit, even though we all know that is BS at its best. Anyhow, MOD said that over 125$ in merchandise went through for practically nothing..... they had coupons for other things as well, if I recall MOD said about 70+ coupons were used. Totally understanding that the store will be re-imbursed this was not her issue. She was concerned about the photo copied coupons. So I informed her of internet coupons and such, but for the most part if it is an internet printed coupon generally 50 at a time are not accepted, and a photo copy of a manufacturer's coupons is fraud at its best. This was a difficult thing for her and I was so pissed that some people would do this and disgusted with the behavior I told her the majority of us may try to purchase 3-4 at a time if coupons permit this, but when your buying like 60 at a time your just down right selfish and greedy and obviously have a false sense of entitlement. Please don't defend yourself by saying "its for charity." we all know better. People who shop like this, or, make up stories to obtain free coupons from others, well, there will come a day when you absolutely need an item, I'm hoping a tampon or a condom, and you won't have money, and you won't have a coupon and that my friend is called Karma
    I did inform MOD of the SC website for information and education about coupons and who knows she may become one of us.
    My only regret in life was not being at the dollarama that same time this was happening, I would have put a stop to this coupn bullying! Shame on whoever you are. You most likely feel justified but I'll never accept it. Absolutley no need to hoard, be selfish, and carelessly leave other people in need without!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

My reply is GRRRR! This ticks me off so much! If they wanted more buy 3 save $5 coupons then they should of traded for them like normal HONEST people and not tried to ruin Dollar store couponing for everyone.

It's probably the same person that stole all the Tostitos salsa peelies at Walmart a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this but it sounds like you talked to someone who at least listened to how it's suppose to work when couponing and that we're all not greedy drains on society. Just people trying to save a few bucks.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thanks guys, I don't know how it gets espired and after a half hour typing this I was to tired to do it again but I do think it is important for people to know. And yes she did use phot copied 5$ Gillette coupons. I to will step up to the plate if I happen to be behind this shopper.
    Janne

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is just awful, it gives all of us who try to coupon honestly, a bad reputation. Don't they know that companies will only take this sort of stuff for so long, then all of us will suffer for your greed. SHAME ON YOU!!! I believe in Karma, your deeds will be returned to you 10 fold, believe it!! How many times in the US, did that lady steal the inserts from all the newpapers, but she was caught now, her name posted all over the internet, a 4,000 fine and possible jailtime. Is a coupon fraud worth it???

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

OMG!
    SNEAKY and CRUEL. The dollarstore won't get the money back for the photocopied gillette ones. This means they will most likley stop allowing coupons. I've never used a coupon at the dollarstore but that doesn't matter, others do. I too would have said something, like "what the hell are you trying to prove" Coupons are great. I stock pile things I will need always like deoderant, shampoo, toilet paper and laundry soap. I have a lot and have done it the right way (beg, borrow but never steal!). I can't belive you really need that much shave gel. I can't believe a person would have the nerve to do that. It boggles my brain and to argue with the manager. I don't think it was anyone of us (I hope not) but I will definatly be watching for a brag and then I will call Tacoma and give them their profile. PEOPLE CAN"T DO THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

That is just wrong!!

Thread Information