User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi, here is an excert from an email I just fired off to Walmart Customer service...... wonder if i'll even get a reply. I think i'm pretty polite in the email as I was in the store, not sense in getting into a shouting match over a product that costs $1.66. What I really want to say tho is: Can you people please get your SHT together!

This afternoon I tried using a quantity of coupons on an item that was on sale. I had 39 of the items and 39 of the coupons. Too much? Maybe but that was not the original reason that I was given for not being allowed to use my coupons.

First I was told that I could not user the coupon because it was a photocopy - It was not.

Then I was told that the quantity I had was too much, that they needed to leave some on the shelf for their customers. What am I? I wondered, I'm standing here in my Walmart capris, with my Walmart t-shirt and Walmart Dr. Scholl's sandals. If I am NOT a Walmart customer I'm not sure who is.

Regardless, I was also told that i could only use 4 coupons as would be the 'normal' number per household. That's fine, really I understand that the Manager has the right to limit the quantity of coupons used, that is not in question.

I was then told that in future that I would need to bring in the whole printed sheet so that the Manager or whoever interigates me will could see the url for the location from which the coupon hailed. And that as I had not done so this time I would only be allowed to use 1 of the cut coupons.

I've read, the policy, I don't see that particular restriction anywhere, in fact, most times when you print off a coupon from the internet it will instruct the user to:

To redeem your coupon:
    1. Print out this page
    2. Cut along the dotted line
    3. Present at checkout

I'm not angry that I could not purchase all the product that I wanted to in one trip. That's really no biggy. My concern is the lack of consistency which the "Coupon Policy" is applied and the lack of training that sales clerks are given in this regard.

As the policy being used by the Assistant Manager, Gary, appeared to be different from the one I had found on-line, I had asked for a photocopy, even offering to pay for copying charges. I was told No, that was not allowed. I'm not sure how a person can be expected to follow the 'rules' with such inconsistencies if they are not allowed to have a copy of said rules. Each time I go to Walmart there appear to be a different set of rules depending on who's working and what kind of mood they are in.

I would appreciate any advise you might be able to offer in the matter as well as a copy of the most current Coupon Policy so that I might at least be able to play the game.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

good for you! keep us updated on what the reply is! which coupons did you try to use?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It was the $2 La Coupe one for the trial size Hairs Spray or Mousse. My main complaint about the show Extreme Couponing is the hording (psychological) and the greed. I really love to see it when people give away part of what they are able to get. My goal this summer since I've just started couponing is to make up and onate 40 care packages - 20 to Chrysalis House and 20 to Men's shelter. I'm planning to include basically whatever I can get my hands on for free or next to. Deo, Toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, razor, cake of soap.... really just whatever I can get and thought the Hair Spray and Mousse would be nice for the Ladies package.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry, but that was a lot of product with an internet coupon, that can be printed over and over. I would never expect to buy that many of anything. I know you wanted to donate these items, but really, you cannot blame the management for not allowing this. I know my opinion here will not be popular, but I think they are right to restrict the amounts of products people can get. My daughter used the Lacoupe coupon that I printed for her at SDM, she got one product, we could have used more, but why??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Absolutely, I'm not disputting their right to tell me no to that many product. I really do understand that, like I said that's not the issue. The issue is the fact that they were trying to tell me that suddenly we cant bring in printed coupons that have been cut? Where did that come from. Seems that everytime you go in there someone is trying to interpret the rules differently and I'm just looking for consistency. I respect your opinion and dont disagree necessarily just looking for everyone across the country to be treated the same.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did that with multiples of the dizolve coupon and got slapped down hard by the store. I knew it would happen, but not when it would happen. I'm glad that it happened early in my couponing experience, cause now I won't be even tempted to repeat that unpleasant experience.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Marycrow,

Please tell. Was that a printable coupon? And if so, how much was it and how much was the Disolve you were purchasing?? I might try to use one or two if I still have time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i was thinking of donating as well just did not know the proper channels to go through? abrewer, do you know? I have alot of mens things for donation and some ladies. I was thinking of care packages as well or just the whole lot donated.

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

What location was this? I would agree that 39 is a lot and you won't slip under the radar with that!! However, I wasn't aware that you can't cut out the coupons anymore.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, this was the $2 off printable coupon for Dizolv. I used it at Lawton's a few times, I went a little overboard being so new at it They were selling it for 1.99 and I noticed its still at that price this week in their flyer. The manager put a stop to my extreme couponing after about three trips, they got to know my face. hahaha! I'm extremely grateful to her for doing that and I respect her, I could see it wasn't easy for her to do that! Now, I'm going to find someone who needs laundry soap It should be alright if you are moderate, they don't have a problem with taking printables, I just think they don't like extreme amounts of the coupon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This appened at the Regent Mall location which is the only place i've had problems. Before I education myself a little better I had them tell me they didnt' take compeditor's coupons for a Campbells soup promotion. I now know better and dont even bother with the CS person if they dont give the answer that I belive is correct I just ask for the manager now rather than getting into it with someone who most likely doens't know any better or ever care.

I'm really not sure why they care how many I buy or get, it's really none of their business and the more i think about it the more I feel that I'm (and anybody who chooses to use a large number of coupons) are being discriminated against. Would they stop someone who wanted to buy outright 39 of any one product? No, the only reason I was ged was the coupons which is outright targetting and discriminating. Something else to look up and do some research on.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

There are several retailers out there who require that the page, showing the URL, be presented without the coupon being "cut out". I have not had that experience myself, however others have reported on SC that this is happening as a measure against coupon fraud.

I just finished a donation project for over 50 people and accumulated a bag of 8 full-sized personal products (shampoo, body wash, etc., etc.,) for each of them. The highest quantity I purchased of any one item at one time was 6. I try to keep it to four of an item in order to leave sufficient quantity of items on the shelf for other customers. I am also careful about the quantity of internet coupons I use in a single transaction. Thirty-nine of them would ring alarm bells in the stores I frequent.

Please also note that all stores reserve the right to limit quantities.....
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Jul 10th, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

The only thing I have noticed with extreme couponing ie. large quantities is that sometimes it ruins it for the rest of the couponers out there. I'm not saying that it is wrong or that I disagree with it, it just seems to raise alarm bells and then stores change policies. So far in Fredericton it hasn't really been a problem - shelves generally have stock and people seem to take what they need (4 or so) and leave some for the other customers.

Happy couponing. You might have better luck at the NS Walmart. It has been my experience that they are very supportive of coupons and price matching.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been in a few times since and will keep my numbers low. I've learned my lesson to basically not draw attention to myself or my couponing as I dont want to do anything to jeopardize how things work for the rest of the community.

Thanks for all the good advise.

Thread Information