User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I was at Zellers Mtn Road today, and had 3 boxes of kids bandaids in my order as well as some cereal - 4 coupons in total so certainly nothing extreme. The bandaids were on sale 2.50 and I cpns for $2 off. First the cashier had to call the mgr to see if I could still use it under their new policy since I would only be paying 50c for the bandaids, then I was told I could only use 2 like coupons in my order as they had a new policy. To top it all off, I gave her my SPC card, and was then told that had to be done before the coupons (I'm sure I've given it after many times!) and she would have to void my order and ring it all in again. So it took 15 minutes at the cash - and it felt twice as long. She even mentioned how people were taking advantage since TV airs extreme couponing - I bad to bit my tongue and say nothing....
    This thread is currently associated with: SPC Student Price Card, Zellers

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Zellers is a joke - I'm glad Target is taking them over.

Honestly, I hate going into that store - hate hate hate !!!

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Ugh that sucks!!!! I hate zellers!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

That Zeller's is ridiculous! I had problems there recently too with their new made-up policies. I contacted their head office and was told there were wrong in refusing my coupons before and that their manager would contact me to resolve the issue so I'm sure you could try the same if you were really upset about it. I'll probably just avoid the store as much as I can.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"Taking advantage" Zellers will get their money back! If manufactuers didnt want us using coupons they would not be printing them! Maybe that cashier was a little envious of your shopping skills. With this economy, its not taking advantage-- its thrifty! And it is sad that they make you feel like an idiot at the cash!

I had a similar experience today, I signed up for a mastcard at superstore and they rewarded me with; $5.00 off any purchase over $25, 1 free bag of cookies, and a free reusable shopping bag. -- SCORE!-- The nice boy who sold it to me, said I could use it all now, and he even had the bag and the cookies ready for me, then when I got to cash the lady got very frustrated -- assuming because her checkout wasnt accepting the coupons -- and told me I wasnt supposed to use all 3 in one transaction.. I disagreed and she used them, but I think she was hoping I would give in and just say "ok, Ill use them next time" -- She wasnt so lucky, Im pretty stuborn, and take recieving good customer service very strongly! I spend good money in that store! Even if I use coupons-- Loblaws still gets their cut! End of rant~~~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went to zellers last week and tried to use coupons there for the first time. The cashier was actually trying to find any excuse not to use them. She went through all the coupons with a fine tooth comb. She also went to see who i assume to be the manager a coupol of times. Then she refusd all of my coupons(2 kinds). One of them said ON ANY ..... but she said i can't because it didn't match the picture. I told her it's what it says that counts and she dissagreed. I just gave up. If they don't want my business, too bad for them. I will never go there again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was there last week too and had a bad experience. They would not take coupons that make the item almost free (What does that mean...within $0.50 or within $2, Who Knows!)
    Then she showed me their binder with the rules...no more and 2 like coupons (Internet printable ones). and they had a list of fraudulent coupons to check as well.
    She was frustrated, but not with me...it must be hard to be a cashier in a store that is being like that and changing their "rules" all the time. I feel bad for the cashiers, who are often not kept up to date and are then receiving negative feedback because they take a coupon or don't put it through correctly.
    I avoid Zellers when I can, it's becoming harder and harder to find coupon friendly stores out there.
    All we can do is try to abide by the rules we are aware of, and not abuse the coupons we do have.
    Hoping things get a bit easier in the future, but we all have to be patient.
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know what you meen ruthie. I was patient. She even apolagised and I told her i understood and it wasn't her fault, she has to follow the rules.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    100 (99%)

The store in Amherst NS had tried to make this "policy" too until a few of us emailed/called and complained. They were quick to call the manager who then changed his tune.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I refuse to go to Zellers, never liked it the service there anyway. I always price match at Wal-Mart I have awesome service there. Sure helps that I know the staff

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was surprised today with the change, I wanted to use a couple of my Febreze and Dawn coupons and a few others for me and my sister, I was shocked when they said only 2 per customer per day... What is up with that... Totally lost my business today. I cant believe that policy The cashier was so nice, however as she was looking at the coupons, some other woman came over and she was so rude, not just to me but the poor cashier too, almost embarrasing with how snappy she was. She said no coupons for free items, only 2 per day, then she said stood over me as I had to figure out my game plan on what I was going to get... and putting what I decided against into a cart to bring back very rudely... It was just an overall bad expirence, makes you feel like you were doing something wrong...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal4life View Post
    I was surprised today with the change, I wanted to use a couple of my Febreze and Dawn coupons and a few others for me and my sister, I was shocked when they said only 2 per customer per day... What is up with that... Totally lost my business today. I cant believe that policy The cashier was so nice, however as she was looking at the coupons, some other woman came over and she was so rude, not just to me but the poor cashier too, almost embarrasing with how snappy she was. She said no coupons for free items, only 2 per day, then she said stood over me as I had to figure out my game plan on what I was going to get... and putting what I decided against into a cart to bring back very rudely... It was just an overall bad expirence, makes you feel like you were doing something wrong...

I think you should contact the head office, or someone. It does help. Customers should always come first in my eyes. Maybe the manager or head office would also like to know, that because of your bad experience that youve shared with other SCers they will lose more than just your business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by teverett View Post
    The store in Amherst NS had tried to make this "policy" too until a few of us emailed/called and complained. They were quick to call the manager who then changed his tune.

Got to agree with you there , seems the manager has his own rules until he gets his fingers slapped lol..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I tried to Price Match with Lawtons and then use my $2.00 off coupons on Dissolve Sheets as Zellers are the only one's that have them still to sell.

First off, they would Price match, but would not take the coupons, you cant do both, as well if a coupon is over the amount of the actual price, they cannot take them either...what gives with Zellers, who is writing their rules, obviously someone who does not want us to shop at their stores.

Thread Information