User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've noticed lately that there is absoloutley nothing out there, everywhere I go I do my due dilligence and look for coupons but lo and behold never find any !!! it seems a lot more people have started couponing I have been doing this for sometime and have never experienced such a dry spell, or am I looking in all the wrong places? anyone find anything at all? I was in Safeway today and spotted what I thought was the $1 off McCains breakfast potatoes, went rushing up to it but nothing....
    I'm sad......
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did see a good coupon tonight. At walmart at uptown...Old Dutch Kettle Cooked Potato Chips 200 grams are priced at $2.47 but there is a coupon on the bag that when you buy any two you get $2.00 off. Coupon is dated July 31.

Other than that I noticed a couple coupons at Admirals Walk Thrifty's. I didn't get either so unfortunately poor details...but one was for the dempsters bread that you bake. It was near the sausages and fresh pasta near the meat section. They had another and again the details are sketchy...you had to buy French's mustard and two other listed products...likely hamburger buns as I think that is where I saw

As an aside my computer auto corrects and tried to change Dempsters to Dumpsters. Glad I caught that one!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it has gotten harder to coupon in victoria, coupons are harder to find then a year ago (heck harder then it was 6mnths ago) when coupons are put out they last for a significantly less amount of time people have been grabbing pads worth pads are cleared in days instead of over a week, we're also heading into a coupon slow season (summers tend to have less out) i've been finding a bit here a bit there
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trades
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Like I posted before, .50 off of island farms cream cheese and $1 off splenda at Thrifty's in Royal Oak - but that's not much at all and probably not big items in your household...

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just noticed pad of Cover Girl $2 off coupons at London drugs downtown (was at base of CG display) It has the one coupon per purchase... wording.

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Almost forgot... Expiry is sept 30.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I found some on the last page of the free food/cooking magazine in the checkout area of Thrifty Foods. I totally forget which coupons were in there...all I can remember right now is $1 off olive oil (no idea which brand)...sorry for the pointless comment lol but there's about 6 coupons in there.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got some good ones from penticton (don't tell anyone but I grabbed extra to share) I got Cool whip 1.00 off and 1.00 off alberto product (think its alberto) have to go check. So I have lots just let me know if you would like some. There were lots there didn't take a pad or anything. LOL

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Amymichelle2 - I hadn't picked up one of their magazines in a while so it was a good reminder

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Try your Shoppers Drugmart - ours had the new wave of smartsource tearpads. I think couponing may be more popular in larger towns. I can grab 5-10 off the same tearpad every week for a month or so usually. There was one lonely snuggle 1.50 coupon left on a tearpad at Safeway for close to 2 months. Every week I'd check, and there it would be. LOL

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    it has gotten harder to coupon in victoria, coupons are harder to find then a year ago (heck harder then it was 6mnths ago) when coupons are put out they last for a significantly less amount of time people have been grabbing pads worth pads are cleared in days instead of over a week, we're also heading into a coupon slow season (summers tend to have less out) i've been finding a bit here a bit there
    I have to say that I was dumbfounded to see a couponer on Global news tonight, showing how she saves, then they showed her going through her boxes of coupons and she had multiples ++ of pads. To me that is not fair to others. I am surprised that I did not see others post on SC about that. Perhaps I am just burying my head in the sand....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vicpamr View Post
    I have to say that I was dumbfounded to see a couponer on Global news tonight, showing how she saves, then they showed her going through her boxes of coupons and she had multiples ++ of pads. To me that is not fair to others. I am surprised that I did not see others post on SC about that. Perhaps I am just burying my head in the sand....
    I had the same reaction early on to couponing when I saw people with half pads of coupons or +30 on their tradelist, but since I've been at it awhile such collections seem less extreme

sure, some people will always take advantage, but there are some legit explanations why someone might have dozens of the same coupon without grabbing full pads (trades, friends & family collecting for a couponer, multiple locations, etc...) and sometimes coupons are only out for VERY short periods of time so grabbing multiples is the only way to make em last or make sure your friends get one (I for one saw 8 full campbells pads dissapear in 36hrs @ SOF last month)

That, and I suspect as this current wave of new couponers dies down a bit & gets more experienced we'll see less pads disappear, its easy to be overzealous when grabbing coupons when your new (I for one recall misreading an All-bran coupon once & grabbed way more than I'd use)
    Last edited by Fury420; Wed, Jul 20th, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    I found some on the last page of the free food/cooking magazine in the checkout area of Thrifty Foods. I totally forget which coupons were in there...all I can remember right now is $1 off olive oil (no idea which brand)...sorry for the pointless comment lol but there's about 6 coupons in there.
    ok here they are:

$1 off Alfa One Rice Bran Oil (500mL)
    $1 off Compliments Balsamic Vinegar (500mL)
    $1 off Purdy's Premium Ice Cream (473mL)
    $1 off New Olympic Krema Yogurt or variety of Olympic Dairy products, 650g, 500mL, 250g, 8 x 100g, 12 x 100g, 1.75kg
    $1 off Sensations Olive Oil (1L)
    $2 off Vega Shake N' Go Smoothie (300g)

Valid at Thrifty Foods until Sept 1, 2011.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vicpamr View Post
    i agree and woman like her frustrate me.. she has multi pads (yes her boxes showed some pads elastic-ed together meaning she had multi pads of the same thing!) she also said she's only been couponing for a few months BUT she's already planning to start classes (aka charge people) to teach the art of couponing.. and that urks me she is still a newbie couponer and she's planning to "teach" people and send new couponers out in the world when she isn't even an established couponer herself.. she can't talk about coupon cycles, she can't talk about slow season high season, she can't make reference to past coupons to have an idea of future coupons..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information