User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please Mum Closes 70 of their stores

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please Mum today announced to staff and customers that 70 of their retail locations would be closed by end of day today. I think managers were alerted late Sunday night. Presently 21 stores and their online store remain open, We have not been able to redeem or issue gift cards since Saturday and the remaining stores still cannot redeem them. All merchandise sold today or later is final sale so it looks as though the other stores may follow shortly after us.
    This thread is currently associated with: Please Mum

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, I purchased online a few weeks back and need to return the items - any idea if I still can??

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

That's crazy! I had a $20.00 GC that I used the other day....the place was almost completely bare..had trouble spending the whole $20.00 I asked if they were closing..and she said no..just clearing out stock completely for the next season to start fresh.
    I wonder if my Please Mum is one of the ones closing?

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

here's thge word on their website http://www.pleasemum.com/.
    it's really to bad being a Canadian company but to be honest I haven't liked their styles/colours/prices since my kids were babies.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's too bad. Over the last few years I've found their styles and selection to be limited and they're pretty pricey. Last year I didn't buy a single thing for DS's from Please Mum. Absolutely everything had that "salmon" colour, not my favourite colour to dress my boys in.
    nothingfancy

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

It really is too bad, but their clothes are too expensive, and the quality isn't that good. I only shop there when there's a really good sale.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have to agree -- it is sad the way they went about it ... but they are expensive - even with a sale!
    I live in langley - so willowbrook mall has a please mum on one side of isle and Childrens Place on the other.
    I have 2 little ones - I walk out with atleast a bag for each child for under $50 most times -- at please mum I will be lucky if i buy one item for $50! I know that is an exageration but it's true -- especially with Childrens Place having their "clearance" stores -- makes buying childrens so much more easier when things are priced at $2.99!
    Plus the quality - OMG - you can't compare - I still have cloths for my kids that they have been wearing for a good 2 years and not one tear, stretch, etc ....
    sorry for those that lost their jobs .....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

sad to see a kids store go but i agree their styles are a bit.. blah, (i do admit i find it a touch amusing that the "letter" they posted says they specialize in "high quality European designs" ) which is far from the truth (Joe brand at the superstore has more European styles then please mum does! ) i think i've only bought a few things ever from that store i did find them somewhat pricey compared to other stores with nicer styles (the childrens place or even old navy!)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

i purchased some online which i thought to be a good deal but got lil disappointed with the quality.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

dose anyone know when they are going to close the stores? I can't find it

Harbinger of Cookies
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    sad to see a kids store go but i agree their styles are a bit.. blah, (i do admit i find it a touch amusing that the "letter" they posted says they specialize in "high quality European designs" ) which is far from the truth (Joe brand at the superstore has more European styles then please mum does! ) i think i've only bought a few things ever from that store i did find them somewhat pricey compared to other stores with nicer styles (the childrens place or even old navy!)
    The Joe Fresh line was probably the last nail in the coffin for Please Mum. Better clothes, cheaper prices and you can pick them up when you are grocery shopping. I think if Joe comes out with on-line shopping too it will really put the squeeze on Children's place and Old Navy.

I haven't bought anything from PleaseMum since they started charging for shipping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    dose anyone know when they are going to close the stores? I can't find it

our local store locked their doors yesterday and already had paper up over the windows!, staff had little to no notice, customers has NO notice (someone went in on the weekend noticed the store was a bit bare.. lacking stock.. asked a cashier she just said it's a sale and they are prepping for the seasonal stock change) i wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the week all stores have their doors locked
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How can they not accept giftcards? They have already received the money from giftcards by those who paid for the giftcards - they should legally be required to honor it as long as stores remain open. I don't see how they can get away with that? Otherwise, they've taken money and given nothing in return!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

SOOOOOoooooo finally a year later I find out I'll be able to use the gc i've been holding on to. I was just at the PleaseMum in Edmonton and she said they're finally changing over to the company that bought them over on August 1st. So anyone who still has the gcs from them, will be able to use them with the new company. The only stipulation is you have to purchase double the amount of the card. Also, valid only between Aug 1-14th. This is the Londonderry location here in Edmonton so hopefully it'll be across the country.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

our local store locked their doors yesterday and already had paper up over the windows!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information