User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I was at WM tonight and was told that I could not apply the overage amount of a coupon to the rest of my basket purchase (had a $6 off coupon for Aspirin and the Aspirin was only $4.97). I politely told the cashier that I thought I could apply the extra $1.03 to the rest of the stuff in my basket. She said that NO I could not. I asked if she could ask someone for me and the person she asked said no as well. I then tried to explain that I read on the web site that I could, but still she nicely said NO.

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AT THIS POINT (and how has it worked for you)? I live in a smaller city and I do not think that our WM sees alot of coupons.

I knew it had to happen someday BUT up untill now, I have never had a coupon not go my way. I guess my streek had to end some time
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by Sasklady; Thu, Jul 14th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This happened to me. They said they couldnt do it (0.03 overage!). I asked the cashier to ask a Manager and said that I had a copy of the policy with me. She made a phone call and then reluctantly punched in the full coupon amount. I would have asked for a Manager and gone from there.
    Last edited by Starbaby55; Thu, Jul 14th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

oh my...stand your ground if your correct

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Take your coupons and go to customer service, that is what I would have done. Some of the cashiers only work a few hours a week, they do not read all the info and do not know everything.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I would have also went to CS and made sure the coupon policy that's in there store was present it clearly states overages are allowed or the difference in product I have got overage, in one case the manager said to do it without me asking in another 2 times the cashier/manager asked me if I would like overage or it applied to my bill,I would stand my ground and I always ask at the CS desk beforehand,good luck in the future it's always a crap shoot with coupons and stores even if they have the policy written in stone it sometimes crumbles.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Always carry a policy with you.... works for me .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    122 (100%)

Always speak up, I forgot my policy when i went shopping Saturday and had this same problem, the cashier and supervisor both said no so I got her to call, told her she could either call or she could bring it up on the internet herself, needless to say the supervisor came back a few minutes later and confirmed that I was right and they were in the wrong I felt bad for the people in line behind me, because no only did that take extra time but because they rang 2 of the coupons in at the sale price and not coupon value they had to void the whole transaction and start again. (I had 66 items and every single one had a coupon)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yogreenlaw View Post
    Always speak up, I forgot my policy when i went shopping Saturday and had this same problem, the cashier and supervisor both said no so I got her to call, told her she could either call or she could bring it up on the internet herself, needless to say the supervisor came back a few minutes later and confirmed that I was right and they were in the wrong I felt bad for the people in line behind me, because no only did that take extra time but because they rang 2 of the coupons in at the sale price and not coupon value they had to void the whole transaction and start again. (I had 66 items and every single one had a coupon)
    What coupon policy do you bring with u? The one I have from online looks like I could have made it myself......

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasklady View Post
    What coupon policy do you bring with u? The one I have from online looks like I could have made it myself......
    Go to the Walmart website and print it out from there.. thats what I did.. if I don't have proof or am uncertain.. I come home and read the policy and then go back, speak to a manager and ask for clarification.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

When you are right, speak up. Remind them that policies are in place for a reason. The odd time this has happened to me, I remind them that they will infact be getting the full amount for the coupon from the company, so they won't be losing any money.
    I once went through 4 people at WM, all of them were wrong about several things. They didn't know what One per Purchase meant and they were clueless about SCOP, among a few other problems. In this case, I gave up! One can only take so much! Took me 3 seperate visits and 3 seperate days, to finally get what I had intended to. If you are following their policies, a store shouldn't make shopping hard for you or unpleasant.

Thread Information