User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My Walmart is letting us stack now!! (Over, thread started July 2011)

FreeBee
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scigs4 View Post
    Just called the walmart at Lougheed Mall...they didn't even know what stacking was and she said no.....she said they just changed the policy not long ago.
    I think they probably just don't want to promote it. Lougheed Mall Walmart has got to be the worst one ever. One cashier even told me she didn't think they accepted printable coupons. I absolutely cannot stand that location, they always don't seem to know what they're doing, and the line builds up longer and longer and the customers get more agitated every second!

The one at Queensborough is alot quicker, and they seem more experienced.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

This will never happen in Nova Scotia

Coupon Monster
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealbreakers View Post
    I think they probably just don't want to promote it. Lougheed Mall Walmart has got to be the worst one ever. One cashier even told me she didn't think they accepted printable coupons. I absolutely cannot stand that location, they always don't seem to know what they're doing, and the line builds up longer and longer and the customers get more agitated every second!

The one at Queensborough is alot quicker, and they seem more experienced.

Lougheed Mall is either hit or miss I find, the cashiers are not very inform. I tried to do a PM and the cashier took out the PM slip, stared at it for a bit then announced that they don't do PM.

I've since then learned to go to the CS desk while couponing at that walmart, never had a problem dealing with the CSM or Manger.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (92%)

I did a stack yesterday afternoon. The cashier was friendly and talkative until she saw my coupons, then she pursed her lips, turned red and stayed quiet until everything had been rang through the transaction itself went fine, it was even checked by the floor manager who had to do an override.

I decided to get a few more of the dishwasher detergents, went through a different cashier and she would only accept 2 of the 4 stackable coupons because she didn't deem them to be "different", although they all have separate UPC codes and they were accepted by the other cashier and the manager. I waved down the manager who now changed her story, claiming only those 2 coupons were usable. I didn't make a big deal about it, apologized and asked the cashier to cancel the transaction. She roller her eyes and gave a big disgruntled sigh, the manager gave me some smartass comments, I stayed polite, smiled and thanked them both.

Clearly there will be some issues. But I'm grateful for what I got!
    Yay stacking at Walmart!!
    Last edited by smadax; Thu, Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am getting frustrated. I emailed WalMart Monday and this is the reply I received Tuesday morning.
    "Good morning,
    We presently have no coupon policy (publicly available guidelines).
    Our Walmart website equally reflects this.
    At this time Walmart Canada does not allow coupon stacking.
    Thank You
    Joanne
    Customer Relations Administrator.
    Phone: 1-800-328-0402
    [email protected]"

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep emailing and writing letters and no walmart will stack they are just testing it out and every email they get will just put a nail in the coffin, I have no clue why you guys are emailing and complaining. They are testing it and I am sure it won't last long!!! Thanks to the people who are emailing and complaining.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    Keep emailing and writing letters and no walmart will stack they are just testing it out and every email they get will just put a nail in the coffin, I have no clue why you guys are emailing and complaining. They are testing it and I am sure it won't last long!!! Thanks to the people who are emailing and complaining.
    This is exactly it!! They tried this once before, people harrassed head office and their local stores so much that it was cancelled. They are trying again and if people want stacking across the country they need to sit tight and wait for Walmart to roll it out.

Here in Victoria and Duncan we have LD and SOF to stack at, so it doesnt hurt us if we lose Walmart, but for all those across Canada without stacking, KrazyTwacy is right, if you keep emailing and complaining you are only screwing yourselves.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyCupcake View Post
    This is exactly it!! They tried this once before, people harrassed head office and their local stores so much that it was cancelled. They are trying again and if people want stacking across the country they need to sit tight and wait for Walmart to roll it out.

Here in Victoria and Duncan we have LD and SOF to stack at, so it doesnt hurt us if we lose Walmart, but for all those across Canada without stacking, KrazyTwacy is right, if you keep emailing and complaining you are only screwing yourselves.

I've only been couponing a very short time and am amazed/stunned at the short sightedness of people who are so jealous and bitter of others getting good deals they freak out mobbing the companies/stores so much that policies get tighter or not changed at all. Look after your own selves and stop worrying about what people elsewhere are getting - if it's a good thing it will eventually get rolled out to all - I know money is short and we all want to save but complaining that someone else is saving a few dollars more than you is just stupid, petty and cutting off your nose to spite your face.

[/rant] lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupcake View Post

I have to agree with both of you.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smadax View Post
    I did a stack yesterday afternoon. The cashier was friendly and talkative until she saw my coupons, then she pursed her lips, turned red and stayed quiet until everything had been rang through the transaction itself went fine, it was even checked by the floor manager who had to do an override.

I decided to get a few more of the dishwasher detergents, went through a different cashier and she would only accept 2 of the 4 stackable coupons because she didn't deem them to be "different", although they all have separate UPC codes and they were accepted by the other cashier and the manager. I waved down the manager who now changed her story, claiming only those 2 coupons were usable. I didn't make a big deal about it, apologized and asked the cashier to cancel the transaction. She roller her eyes and gave a big disgruntled sigh, the manager gave me some smartass comments, I stayed polite, smiled and thanked them both.

Clearly there will be some issues. But I'm grateful for what I got!
    Yay stacking at Walmart!!
    i see your from Nanaimo, were you in the Duncan walmart or the Nanaimo one?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daypassdel View Post
    i see your from Nanaimo, were you in the Duncan walmart or the Nanaimo one?
    i just saw the title of your post.. Duncan. thanks! I used the finish ones and the CSM I had was fine with them as long as there was a different code on them, but I guess it depends on who you get. I've only had the one snotty supervisor everyone else has been great. In talking to the staff there, a lot of them are couponers too.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Wow thats great, hope all the WM start doing that.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (92%)

Quote Originally Posted by daypassdel View Post
    I used the finish ones and the CSM I had was fine with them as long as there was a different code on them, but I guess it depends on who you get. I've only had the one snotty supervisor everyone else has been great. In talking to the staff there, a lot of them are couponers too.
    We went through these same growing pains when SOF started the stacking. If couponing wasn't a challenge, everyone would be doing it! Once Walmart has had time to adjust to these changes and we've given the cashiers some practice ... it'll become second nature and everything will be fine.

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

has anyone been able to stack at duncan walmart in the last few days? im hoping to run down there tomorrow, but want to be prepared

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I was there a few days ago, and the answer was no

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information