User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i know where i'm going this evening lol!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Use caution.... I just stopped at LD on my way home tonight to PM some DOve and stack a couple of coupons and was told that the "cannot be combined with any other offer" meant not stackable..... no energy to argue - said she'd confirmed it with the manager that morning. I asked if she was sure as I thought the wording of "not combined with any other coupon offer" was the one that was not stackable. Could be just the one cashier but it was at CS at Quadra & MacK. My mistake anyway in doing this at 6:00pm on a friday...... Live and learn!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No the cashier at ld is wrong not you go to tillicum and complain there the manager of that store is the area manager. Colwood was saying that to until I went to
    Tillicum.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've had issues with the quadra location recently.. they refused to do a price adjustment on something i bought saying it couldn't be done (but it could be) the guy was rude and grumpy with me and made toodles cry and nearly made me cry (he was acting all rude and superior looking down on me and getting all nasty and huffy) so i walked out before i had a meltdown since toodles was having one went to tillicum and they did the price adjustment without a second thought (and it's not like i was price adjusting a random flyer it was a price adjustment to soemthing i bought IN their store what went on-sale a week later!) since then i refuse to set foot in that store.. i recently went downtown and had a wonderful experince

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was just at uptown and returned home to read this. OMG... I am so excited... Will have to try a stack soon. Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thank you ..... I have a vague recollection that the same CS person refused my quantamatic (?) coupon a while ago -- as I was PM'ing Zellers and they had it for 4.99 ... and the coup was for $6 and she wouldn't adjust it..... should have seen it but again .... was end of day - tired ..... and should have done it at a quieter time - and picked the right cashier. I was at Tillicum last week and the man at CS there was so friendly and helpful!
    Good luck with the WM stacking though .... every few times I go I find a friendly helpful cashier ... but most of the time the coupons just freak them out and that's one coupon per item - I can't imagine when you start stacking.

I had an item not scan properly the other day (an aveeno shampoo on clearance) ... went to CS to get an adjustment ... and asked them if they followed the SCOP .... a bit grudgingly she acknowledged that they did to $5 ... I asked if it wasn't $10 for the item ... she then agreed --- but it was a long process...... in the end not too sure it was worth the 30 minute wait while someone checked the price etc..... Just prefer to PM walmart prices at LD ..... much less time involved!

reality is way overrated! skippyjon's Avatar
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi Folks
    Admittedly a silly newbie question here...please don't bite...

Stacking means you use several of the same coupon on a single item? That is interesting. Does the coupon have to state or specify something special on it to allow this?

I always head for the young male cashiers @ Uptown WM, they are the ones who put through every coupon without any hassles. Do you folks do this too?

Thanks & g'night

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

stacking is using multiple coupons WITH DIFFERENT bar codes for the same item on one item

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by skippyjon View Post
    Hi Folks
    Admittedly a silly newbie question here...please don't bite...

Stacking means you use several of the same coupon on a single item? That is interesting. Does the coupon have to state or specify something special on it to allow this?
    Thanks & g'night
    That is an legitimate question,Like Midnightly said the coupons need to have different upc's you can collect these though mail-outs(save.ca,websaver ect),newspaper inserts (redplum,smartsource),email or call in requests(J&J,Ensure etc) tear pads (found on store shelves),printables(facebook or here in printables section etc)
    The ones that I personal avoid stacking with are ones like the P&G which if you look at the fine print on some of the P&G coupons(I had to use a magnifying glass)you will see written the phrase "use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product purchased is strictly prohibited." )
    Here is a copy of proposed newspaper inserts for rest of 2011
    SMART SOURCE
    August 6
    August 27
    September 24
    October 15
    November 5
    December 3

REDPLUM
    August 13
    September 10
    October 1
    October 29
    November26

Keep an eye on the Smartcanucks site just before these dates and some fabulous person usually posts the contents of said insert.
    Last edited by hatherb; Sat, Jul 16th, 2011 at 01:14 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi Folks
    Admittedly a silly newbie question here...please don't bite

I always head for the young male cashiers @ Uptown WM, they are the ones who put through every coupon without any hassles. Do you folks do this too?

Thanks & g'night
    Ah yes cashier profiling, I am familiar with the practice. Sometimes I hit it right and other times not so good.I will tell you that when I find a coupon friendly cashier I will seek and wait for that cashier even if they have a longer line up.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Hi Folks I always head for the young male cashiers ... they are the ones who put through every coupon without any hassles. Do you folks do this too?
    ALWAYS! It's the dopey-eyed 15-18yr old attitude that I LOVE!!!
    "I don't give a rats AS5 what you pay with Lady, lets just do this"

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    ALWAYS! It's the dopey-eyed 15-18yr old attitude that I LOVE!!!
    "I don't give a rats AS5 what you pay with Lady, lets just do this"

BEWARE if they look nerdy ... the one at WM makes me want to scream beacause he has to read out loud all coupons... and makes the same simple comments for all entries.
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

ok so i did my second stack and it was the worst expernse I ever had there. Two Csm were rude to me and said no stacking one coupon per purchase. I told them as of yesterday stacking was allowed. I had to tell them to look at there own coupon policy. So it says they can limit on what we buy with stacking yea i get that part. So the CSM takes it oh I am going to limit one coupon per purchase. I had to explain thats not what it meant. So one manger comes over and says one coupon again I am like no get the duty manger down here. So finally she comes and says let her stack.

Than Jessica the best CSM in the world finally comes over and says lets do this. 10 mins later I am finally out the door.

So rule 1

No PM and Stacking

Rule 2
    only 4 items when stacking

So here is what I bought

hotdogs with cheddar cheese 4.77x2=$9.54 used 1.00x2= 7.54

Sugar Peas 2.67 no coupon

pepsi 2x1.86= $3.72 no coupon (this was for the drive home)

Elect 3in 1 dishwasher cleaner 4x6.47= 25.88 stacked coupons here 1 dollar coupon X2 2 dollar coupon x2 6 dollars in stacking 24.00 in coupons owed .47 on each so $1.88 for 4 boxes

Finish Qtm 20 ct 6.47 used the same coupons has above so 6.00 dollars and I owed .47 cents

Shake and bake 4x2.57= $10.28 used 8x.50=4.00 had 4 with driffent UPC's I owed $6.28

Kraft shredded cheese 2x6.97= $13.94 used 4x1.00 coupon Used one printed and one from save.ca i owed $9.94

Old spice deorant 12x2.12= 25.44 Used 30 dollars in coupons from P&G got overages They owed me 4.56

Satin Care 3x1.50=4.50 used 6.00 dollars in coupond so they owed me 1.50

Busy bones dog treats 2x3.50=7.00 Used 3.50 in coupons I owed 3.50

Relish 4x1.27=$5.08 used 4x.75= 3.00 I owed $2.08

Newmans spagetti Sauce 4x$2.97= $11.88 I used 4.00 in coupons I owed $7.88

Great Value Paste sauce $1.87 no coupon

Brownies 5x2.38= $11.90 I used 5.00 dollars in coupons I had two websavers with driffent upcs I owed $6.90

Pepsi 12 pack cans $4.20 FPC so FREE

Herbal Essense hair Spray $2.37 used .50 cents off I owed $1.87

So grand total before taxes and coupons $146.74

Coupons $92.20

Taxes 9.42

total I owed 62.09
    Last edited by sookebunny; Sat, Jul 16th, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oh so sorry you had such a bad experience....but you did triumph in the end ,way to stick to your guns girl!
    PS check out Midnighty's post on main deals page ,you can link it though here Walmart Stacking-Two comfired locations ( 1 2 3 )
    Last edited by hatherb; Sun, Jul 17th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, I am so glad you shared that with us I would have been totally unaware of the restrictions, I was/am planning on trying a few small stacks, that's about as brave as I'll get! is it best to do it at CS or just go through a regular till and hope the cashier knows about "stacking"? you never know and I dont want an angry mob behind me!!!
    Thanks again!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information