User Tag List

Thread: +50%

teagys
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

On average when grocery shopping I have managed to save about 20% give or take a little. Not bad considering I only started couponing a few months ago.
    This week I got my flyers and made my list like always, CO-OP had a deal on if you spend $50 you get a $10 gift card. I decided to go without my DH or DD for a change. (aka I actually got to shop in peace!)
    I knew that i had a lot of coupons, and would have enough money so I wasn't paying much attention to the total of what was in the cart. When I got to the cash the lady rang almost everything in before starting to put the coupons in. (They have a separate screen for coupons so i couldn't really see the total going down)
    The damage was a little over $40, so I added a box of cereal to my order to get my $10 gift card. (& of course I grabbed the box with $5 off any icecream, lol)

total shock!

She passed me the receipt & I had to do a double take.

I paid $50.05 for $103 worth of groceries, and they gave me a $10 gift card for doing it!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Co-op

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's amazing what you can save when you plan. You did awesome.

I went into WM today and spent $24, but this is what I got.

6 boxes of cereal
    4 bottles of Purex
    2 packages of Ritz crackers and cheese
    Large bag of Lays chips
    Peppermint patty chocolate for me...couldn't resist. lol
    2 - 2 L Fruitopia
    Majesta paper towels (8 rolls)

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

I went too wm yester and got 28 shaving creams satin care ,, Umm then Hit zellers got 2 bottles of purex paid 90 cents , then went too lawtons bought 28 bottles of aspirin paid 17 cents , then trip too lawtons and got 6 cases of dizolve and paid 23 bucks .. Day well spent

teagys
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

Quote Originally Posted by Capergal View Post
    It's amazing what you can save when you plan. You did awesome.

I went into WM today and spent $24, but this is what I got.

6 boxes of cereal
    4 bottles of Purex
    2 packages of Ritz crackers and cheese
    Large bag of Lays chips
    Peppermint patty chocolate for me...couldn't resist. lol
    2 - 2 L Fruitopia
    Majesta paper towels (8 rolls)
    you cannot complain with those kind of savings, when i first started i thought you could only get things for free when you live in the states and have coupon doubling. now i know, you can save anything you put your mind to. I am so grateful for flyers & coupons.

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

tHERES nothing better than free Ice cream ,, But if you use the chappman coupoun this week at sobeys , not only do you get an ice cream for free , you get 2 for free , got too Love bogo weeks

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, CaperSaver, I missed that one. I think I have a box with a coupon on it...must use it. Thanks.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by teagys View Post
    you cannot complain with those kind of savings, when i first started i thought you could only get things for free when you live in the states and have coupon doubling. now i know, you can save anything you put your mind to. I am so grateful for flyers & coupons.
    Yes, there's lots that you can get for free or darn close to free.

I have a nice stock pile in the basement. As long as I keep adding things to it occasionally, I'm good on TP, dishwasher stuff, cleaning supplies, kleenex, body washes, deodorants, toothpaste, etc.

I've always used coupons, but really got into it in May when I started to get some totally free stuff.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CaperSaver View Post
    I went too wm yester and got 28 shaving creams satin care ,, Umm then Hit zellers got 2 bottles of purex paid 90 cents , then went too lawtons bought 28 bottles of aspirin paid 17 cents , then trip too lawtons and got 6 cases of dizolve and paid 23 bucks .. Day well spent
    lol. we rock don't we?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok What is your secret? That is the kind of deal I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by teagys View Post
    On average when grocery shopping I have managed to save about 20% give or take a little. Not bad considering I only started couponing a few months ago.
    This week I got my flyers and made my list like always, CO-OP had a deal on if you spend $50 you get a $10 gift card. I decided to go without my DH or DD for a change. (aka I actually got to shop in peace!)
    I knew that i had a lot of coupons, and would have enough money so I wasn't paying much attention to the total of what was in the cart. When I got to the cash the lady rang almost everything in before starting to put the coupons in. (They have a separate screen for coupons so i couldn't really see the total going down)
    The damage was a little over $40, so I added a box of cereal to my order to get my $10 gift card. (& of course I grabbed the box with $5 off any icecream, lol)

total shock!

She passed me the receipt & I had to do a double take.

I paid $50.05 for $103 worth of groceries, and they gave me a $10 gift card for doing it!!!!

teagys
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

all i did was match what coupons i had with what was in the flyer that week, it just so happened the flyer matched a lot of the coupons i had. also when you get to the store bring the flyer with you and only get what you have a coupon for unless it is something you need.
    remember just because something is on sale in one store, doesnt mean it is the best price. you have to compare store.
    i wish you the best of luck, and hope maybe that helped some.

Thread Information