User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at the North oshawa Walmart the other day, doing my normal weekly shopping. Went to check out, got all my items in order, discovered that the only cashier open other then express was the one I ALWAYS have issues with and I ALWAYS try to avoid.

Anyway first off she argued that I could not use one of my coupons, so I told her to get her manager and the manager said I could. Then when I tried to match the cheese wiz she said she couldnt price match the jalapeno kind, I pointed out that they are selling that particular kind at their store for LESS then the normal stuff so I figured they would be ok with it, NOPE. So I asked for the manager and she said I could not price match it, fine whatever the superstore is in the same parking lot basically, Ill just go there (which I did and the jalapeno was on sale as well).

Anyway then we get to the cereal I was price matching to giant tiger, the flyer said "general mills cereal" and gave size limits, I have price matched these types of ads there ALOT and never had an issue. This time I was told that they have to be the "exact" ones shown in the picture, I pointed out it says general mills cereal and the one I had was general mills. Anyway got the manager again, and was told I couldnt price match it since it wasnt the 2 flavours pictured in the ad. I mention that when making up a flyer a store doesnt tend to put a pic of EVERY cereal included in the sale. Then the manager asked me if they even sell this cereal at Giant Tiger, and that they have less variety so it probabley wasnt on sale there, and asked me if it was. I said I do not know I came to shop here instead. Anyway I then announce to the kids that we now have to go to Superstore, then metro and now Giant tiger on our way home, so they said they would let me have the cereal this one time.

My question is.... Has this always been their policy? This is the first time Ive had such an issue price matching, and I want to see if its just because I got a bad cashier and manager or if they are now enforcing this policy more, or if this is just a new policy all together.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Metro, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Trading Score
    47 (96%)

I have had some similiar issues but they are usually pretty good with it. Sometimes if the description in the flyer is not specific enough I just stay away from trying to pricematch the item.

What I am finding now with Walmart is that they NEVER have the sale items that are in their flyer in the stores!!
    Visit My Blog: Shop Smart Not Hard

Helping Your Family Save Money So You Can Get Back to What's Important

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh that would drive me nuts, Ive never had problems at that walmart...yet. I have only ever price matched once, I was going to price match and coupon (snuggle fabric softner) this weekend but I decided just to price match, Ive had problems at zellers with PM and Coupining on the same item

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Sounds like you got a cashier and manager that are both on power trips. I've had a few encounters at that store and at the south Walmart store as well. You should point out to them that even Walmart can't put every single item in a picture that is on sale. Hence WHY they say a certain brand and the sizes because no store can actually fit them all in a 3-4 page flyer. Ya can't help stupid

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

i never have any problems at the north end walmart...not ever...but, lots at the south end one and i live in the south end and i got to the north end one all the time now

Thread Information