User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm going down to Kalispell, Montana for a girl's weekend and beyond the usual bargain hunting at Target and TJ Max does anyone know what are the "MUST BUY" for groceries? I know of a lady who goes down and does all her grocery shopping swearing it's way cheaper but when I've gone down before I wasn't bowled over by the prices. Maybe I was shopping at the wrong store? Not looking at the right products? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The things that i find are the best buys are milk, cream butter, chicken and beef.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you haven't already - print coupons from coupons.com to use in the U.S. I did that last month and the best part about using coupons was the EXPERIENCE at the cash register. The cashiers at any of the locations took the coupon, swiped the code and that was it. The coupons were not over analyzed - it was just swipe and move on!
    Now working on Christmas 2012 through SwagBucks.
    Earning free gift cards! ___________________________________
    Every Penny Counts : I welcome you to read my blog on my finds, deals, sales, coupons, freebies

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    I'm going down to Kalispell, Montana for a girl's weekend and beyond the usual bargain hunting at Target and TJ Max does anyone know what are the "MUST BUY" for groceries? I know of a lady who goes down and does all her grocery shopping swearing it's way cheaper but when I've gone down before I wasn't bowled over by the prices. Maybe I was shopping at the wrong store? Not looking at the right products? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I live in Windsor, ON and go to Michigan all the time to do shopping - groceries and otherwise. We do have a little bit of an advantage because my husband's best friend lives there so we can pick up packages, he lets us know about good sales, etc. We honestly buy for about 3-4 weeks at a time and spend on average $150 less than we would here.

We have a Kroger card. It is truly amazing. It also helps you get 10 cents/gallon off your visit to a Shell gas station with your gas points. (However much you spend in store you can earn points) Also, on the website you can add coupons to your card on top of the savings listed in store AND usually use a coupon with it as well. The best things we get there are eggs, cheese and milk. Also, snacks (especially for kids - although my husband and I love them for ourselves) and baby products (diapers and wipes especially) are much cheaper.

Hope that helps a bit!
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks everyone! Guess I better bring the cooler...or two

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I find personal health care products to be way cheaper over in the US.
    The shampoo i use cost me at least $10 a bottle here, at Wal Mart in the states it's about $6.
    Coffee too....I got extra Large Cannisters of Tasters Choice over there for about $6...you pay about that for just the normal size container here.

it pays to know your prices, that's for sure.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    I find personal health care products to be way cheaper over in the US.
    The shampoo i use cost me at least $10 a bottle here, at Wal Mart in the states it's about $6.
    Coffee too....I got extra Large Cannisters of Tasters Choice over there for about $6...you pay about that for just the normal size container here.

it pays to know your prices, that's for sure.
    I second this about health care products. Make up, shampoo, body wash I found were all cheaper. Even my make up remover (the Netrogena wipes) I couldn't find here and were much much cheaper than any other remover I've seen.
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for another US list. We're planning on going to Hawaii for our honeymoon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

cheese, eggs, butter, chicken, beef, snack foods, clothes. If you like cheesestrings, usually you can get huge bags at walmart for around $7. The costco is good too! I go to Kalispell about once a month and stock up while I'm down there. check out totallytarget.com for the coupon stacks you can use for the weeks sales.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Awesome. Thanks so much guys and gals!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

If you have children, things are way cheaper over there. My sister went over when my son was an infant and I was floored at the prices she told me things were. Even formula was WAAAAAYYY cheaper than here. Toys, clothes, you name it. My friend even bought a bunch of clothes for my son in the US when she was there because they were so cheap. Clothes for yourself too. One of my fav shirts, I paid less than $5 for (regular price) in NY (of all places)

Have fun!!! So jealous
    Last edited by leda; Mon, Jul 25th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Thread Information