User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jes
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I've seen lots of people refer to saving their points for Christmas...but what are you buying? I'm assuming you're not giving bags of milk and sticks of butter
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a Kodak Camera for myself and a Xmasthey had the Wi on sale.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

perfume sets, cologne, xmas chocolate, stocking stuffers etc...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Electronics, movies, Books, magazines, perfume, cards, giftwrap, seasonal decorations, food for Christmas parties, you name it... if it's something that could be given as a gift or used to feed people during the holdiays and it's FREE, it's awesome!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This year I plan to redeem my points at Christmas for electric toothbrushes, haircare products, things like that... as well as food. Yes, food. Who says food can't be a Christmas present?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

There are jewellery items, too.

One of our SDMs used to have a full section of giftware - like stuff for the home - and it was just awesome! I used to buy lots of stuff there. However, new manager got rid of it all..... aw....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lots of perfume

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Socks, gloves, toys, photo supplies, photo albums, hair accessories, Sony headphones, USB thingies, gaming systems, video games and accessories, jewellery and pricey (and necessary) BATTERIES!!

Also, (smart) SC'ers purchase body lotions, razors, body washes, scrubbies, soaps, etc all year long at great prices and add fun things with their Christmas bonus shops to put together fabulous Gift baskets!!

baggypants

jes
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Hmmm...great ideas! I'll have to pay more attention to the non-essentials next time I'm in and start planning!

Learning to clip coupons
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

that was a good question, i was wondering that myself! i dont have an optimum card yet, guess i have to get one!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

One of the SDM stores around here sells Tommy Hilfiger Watches, leather purses, and jewellery. They also sell netbooks, small televisions, video games/systems/controllers, pay-as-you go phones, DVDs and music CDs Blu-Ray players, and external hard drives. Most SDM stores also have a selection of picture frames. You can buy hair accessories, socks, and bath stuff there, and they usually have a display of seasonal merchandise and toys before the holidays. Most stores also have books/bestsellers/cookbooks/children's books. At the very least, you can save yourself money on stocking stuffers and those chocolate/nut gifts for teachers/neighbours/coworkers. I also redeem $100 in points at Easter to buy Easter treats/bunnies/books/toys for kids' gifts. SDM points add up quickly if you shop 20X and 18,500 point events. Just be sure that the things you're buying are a good price (and the sale items are often a better price there than anywhere else.

It`s really amazing how quickly the "extras" add up at Christmas, beyond what you think you're spending on gifts for your family. Why not save your points until before Christmas to get those extras for free?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

that is my goal this year, save up my points to get xmas gifts for the family and friends

jes
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Why not save your points until before Christmas to get those extras for free?
    That's why I was asking what to buy! I have enough now for the $200 on bonus redemption day, but I was debating spending them now vs saving them for Christmas. I think I'll hang on to them for now and keep collecting!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I save all my points for Christmas presents. Last year, I bought my Mom perfume, my brother cologne, my Dad cologne, my SIL perfume gift set, my hubby an external hard drive, my sister 2 SD cards for her camera that she wanted, chocolate (a lot of pot of gold boxes) for friends/family members, chocolate/candy for my boys' stockings and personal items (like bath stuff and razors) for my other family members' stockings. I got all their cards there too. I didn't have to spend much OOP for them. It was great. :D We only had to spend money on the boys' presents, which was enough to break the bank, but worth it. We learned for this year we're definitely not buying as much 'crap' for them because they don't play with their toys anyways. LOL! By the time Christmas rolls around, I should have enough for $2000 in redemption, which is more than enough, so I may not end up using all my points anyways.
    Last edited by pateyface; Sat, Jul 23rd, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

They have nice gift packs as well. Fragrances are on sale for under$20 for designer perfumes often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information