User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I was not too impressed when I went to Giant Tiger in Strathroy today. I wanted to pick up some of the puff kleenex packs and I wanted to use coupons for them for 50 cents off. The cashier called the supervisor, the supervisor went to talk to the manager and the manager in a loud voice which was very unfriendly comes to tell me in person "YOU CAN"T USE THAT ON THOSE PRODUCTS! COUPONS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR WHAT IS IN THE PICTURE ON THE COUPON." I didn't argue with the 3 of them by this point AND I WON'T BE GOING BACK. I dislike people who are not polite and the coupons were to be honoured on ANY PUFF PRODUCT. So my view is to share just how badly I was treated and let people know what I think of their management staff. NO THANKS! I bought a few other small items that were on sale but I was very tempted to just walk out there and then. I was also with a friend and how I was treated in such a loud mannor made me feel very uncomfortable.... I can shop elsewhere thank you very much!
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

That is horrible!! I would definately write a "well thought out" email to their head office... I also had a problem with coupons at the london GT.... Have not been back since

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well that experience sucked. never had issues with coupons at the GT at H/H.... the Manager is awesome.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well that experience sucked. never had issues with coupons at the GT at H/H.... the Manager is awesome.

Mrs Sunshine...do you know if they take printables there too??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

i used the same coupons at the GT on montgomery and southdale. the woman read them over very carefully, and said thats not what is in the picture, so I replied, yes but it says "ANY" puffs product. she finally just scanned in my 6 coupons. I felt bad for the older man behind me, I told him I was sorry and he said don't worry about it. Seems cashiers at certain stores like to make people feel bad.

I would write to head office for sure. Treating someone like crap is unnecessary.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post

Curious where is H/H?? thanks :o) Also has anyone had any couponing experience with the GT on Southdale? That is the closest one to my daughter's home....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita1 View Post
    Curious where is H/H?? thanks :o) Also has anyone had any couponing experience with the GT on Southdale? That is the closest one to my daughter's home....

Huron St. and Highbury Ave.

haven't used coupons at gt myself yet.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

sorry yes indeed. huron/highbury.. i'ver never had issues at that location and using printables. guess they know me well enough. been going there since it opened.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

yes i have used coupons at the southdale one. they seem to read over the coupons very carefully.

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Wow I also go to this GT location, I had no problem with them taking my coupons. The cashier was friendly and helpfull, she read the coupon saw that it was for any puffs product and rang me through. I must have been lucky. This manager has a rep for being misserable to deal with !!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by knitting nurse View Post
    Wow I also go to this GT location, I had no problem with them taking my coupons. The cashier was friendly and helpfull, she read the coupon saw that it was for any puffs product and rang me through. I must have been lucky. This manager has a rep for being misserable to deal with !!

For the 20 minutes more of driving I will be shopping in London. I have had run ins at Walmart in Strathroy too...is it due to it being a smaller town? I just don't find the staff I have run into very customer focused... not all stores are like that as the CT seems ok there...but then CT in St. Thomas wasn't so..??? Odd

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita1 View Post
    For the 20 minutes more of driving I will be shopping in London. I have had run ins at Walmart in Strathroy too...is it due to it being a smaller town? I just don't find the staff I have run into very customer focused... not all stores are like that as the CT seems ok there...but then CT in St. Thomas wasn't so..??? Odd
    Tried to use coupons on two occasions in the st thomas WM and both times I was given a hard time (first time was with the snuggle coupon.. they refused cause it was a penny over the price and second time was because of the "one per purchase" thing) Ive had enough CT and have since cut up their credit card and have not bought anything there since.... wrote a letter to their head office as well (did not get a response)

Yes I guess I am a CT hater!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I normally love CT as I like the fact that they put money on my credit card to be used on future products... I use it ALOT. But I did not like that particular store at all!!! I won't be going back unfortunately :o( I am certain it is easier to just shop in London when we are there....... at least it seems that way so far.

Thread Information