User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone ever tipped a cashier?? LOL!! Im just wondering cuz when i went to walmart the other day i took really long and felt bad for my cashier (she was a sweetheart)!! And im more then willing to slip her a few bucks when i save big!! Has anyone ever done this?? is it allowed?? Maybe if they were tipped...there would be less cranky cashiers?? LOL!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't believe in tipping - at all. The posted price is what I pay. I believe it is not my job to subsidize others who make a lesser wage. I get a salary to do my job and I certainly do not expect clients to pay me more. And a cashier and tipping? Absolutely NOT. They get paid to be a cashier - if they want to earn more, there are ways of doing that rather than expecting customers to hand over THEIR hard earned money.
    "Define yourself do not live by definition"

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I've been tipped before, mostly from church groups when they buy like 4 carts worth of stuff, and since there are generally 2-3 transactions and so much going on they always felt bad for me, but I never cared, most of it was the same stuff, just a lot of it. (I think for budgeting/tax purposes food, cleaning supplies etc are put on different receipts...).

I've been tipped for carry outs too, but not from the b!tch who made me go outside on June 30th, a super hot day, wearing my black pants and woman forgot where she parked, took 30 mins of us walking around to find it. UGH.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I sometimes give the cashier a coupon that they want to use for themselves. I also like to give the folks at LD some coupon swag because they are so pleasant and helpful. In all my years in dealing with LD (even without using coupons) they are always pleasant and professional. I guess you could consider it a tip.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by taylyn View Post
    I don't believe in tipping - at all. The posted price is what I pay. I believe it is not my job to subsidize others who make a lesser wage. I get a salary to do my job and I certainly do not expect clients to pay me more. And a cashier and tipping? Absolutely NOT. They get paid to be a cashier - if they want to earn more, there are ways of doing that rather than expecting customers to hand over THEIR hard earned money.
    What about servers? They have a lower min. wage because it's expected they'll get tips (obviously based on service, I don't tip awful servers).
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Is it not allowed at a lot of stores.Big no no to have any cash on you when on duty.It is to be in you locker and empty pockets at work.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

don't tip cash.. i don't think they can legally take it BUT you can do one better.. while your walking out grab a card by the service desk and write a positive review for the cashier (they have a feedback box) and a few positive feedback go a LONG way towards them being a highly valued employee (they can also earn stars i think it is which in the end can give them a promotion or raise)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    don't tip cash.. i don't think they can legally take it BUT you can do one better.. while your walking out grab a card by the service desk and write a positive review for the cashier (they have a feedback box) and a few positive feedback go a LONG way towards them being a highly valued employee (they can also earn stars i think it is which in the end can give them a promotion or raise)
    Awesome idea!!! What about if i bought a thank u card before i went and put the cash in it?? lol can they keep it if i tell them not to open it until they get home!!!! I <3 the coupon idea as well!!! I just wanna show im appreciative!!! As for not tipping....i think its bad etiquette when its expected like to servers and such!!! But thats just me!!! Haha wouldnt want my food being spit in!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    Is it not allowed at a lot of stores.Big no no to have any cash on you when on duty.It is to be in you locker and empty pockets at work.
    What about gift cards???

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've shared coupons, but I'd never give money.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    Yup.
    Cashiers can get fired.

Like the coupon idea.
    I have given coupons and directed cashiers to coupon sites, when they ask for advice.
    I have "tipped" by signing the in store comment card about excellent service, or told the cashier's manager directly.

I have even contacted head office about consistently excellent service received from a cashier or from a group of employees at a store. Store managers and head office like to hear these positive comments.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Years ago I worked in a parkade (I basically got paid to study when I was a student!) and I would often get tips from my regular customers. Not just money, but cookies, bottles of pop, magazines... It would catch me off guard but would brighten my day every single time.

In the winter I'll often tip gas attendants at full service gas stations. "By yourself a hot chocolate on your break"... I like to think it brightens their day!

I have never tipped a cashier, and don't know If I ever would...
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I tipped coupons in the past. I gave some FPC to cashiers who I think did an amazing job.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

like shwa girl has said the store managers and head office like to hear about positive reviews and any positive feedback, these are often shared at general meetings (not sure about walmart but some stores have "employee of the month" which can often be decided on by feedback given by customers on the comment cards, stores want to keep great employees so by giving feedback your letting them know they have a great employee and the store will make efforts to keep them
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by taylyn View Post
    I don't really think it has anything to do with the cashiers expectations of a tip..
    I personally don't think there is anything wrong with tipping a cashier in one form or another if they do a good job. I also think it's not only good for morale, but that person is going to remember you and likely help make future checkouts hassle free for you.
    there is nothing wrong with showing appreciation for someones time and patience, god knows there is enough horror stories with cashiers and whatnot that the good ones deserve to know it's appreciated.

tipping is a form of appreciation for a job well done, it's sad you have such a staunch take on it actually.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information