User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I was just told this(was in newspaper), apparently a woman and her boyfriend went to the hospital(few months back I beleive), parked the car and the boyfriend went in to the hospital and asked for help to get her sick friend inside...they said to phone an ambulance ..can you freakin belive that?? She was on hospital property and they had to call an ambulance, she was only 39,
    http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/Art...aspx?e=3224972

and my poor brother is still in the hospital...I swear the hospital here is the worse, that just pi$$es me off
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by WandaJean; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That is just ridiculous! That poor woman...

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

my brother is in the same hospital...not sure what the problem is..something about his blood, hope he gets the he!! out soon
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I cannot believe it. I just read that whole article. I gotta say, none of us really know when things like heart attack, stroke, siezures, etc will strike us or our loved ones. we feel helpless and that is why we go to the Emergency Dept of a hospital...because IT IS An EMERGENCY!
    That poor heartbroken family, to have to take her off life support, knowing that she would never function ( brain damage) again.
    I am outraged too WandaJean, I hate to say this out loud but I feel like
    " giving up hope " when it comes to our health care system.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I gave up hope, I will not go to that hospital, if I suffer with a migraine more than 3 days(which I do) I am supose to go there because I am at high risk for stroke because of that( yes migraines are one of the top reasons for stroke) and with high triglycerides.All the hospitals in the Niagara Region are terribble, though I have to say the Welland hospital did great when my son was empalled and they had him in surgery within about an hour or so after he arrived by amblulance.The GNGH( Niagara Falls) botched an operation after and accident and now has a prostetic body part( I think i mentioned where in an earlier post),
    The whole health system here sucks!!!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Useless hospitals.

Kinda makes me think of when I had a seizure back in December so I was rushed to the emergency and they basically said "There's nothing wrong, probably won't ever happen again. Go home."

Went home and had another one an hour later and almost choked to death. So much for feeling safe.

I don't even bother with hospitals anymore, makes me sick and so does this story.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

that is disgusting! what happened to the Hippocratic oath?
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

my sister in law told me the triage nurse got fired, I think it should go beyond that..there was plenty of staff that could of helped her

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Sick isn't it? I read about this yesterday AFTER hearing thst the SAME thing happened at the SAME hospital last Sunday! That woman happened to be a member of council so hopefully she'll be able to get some changes to this system! This is what happened to her as per the full article that is linked below:

During a council meeting Monday, Coun. Joyce Morocco said that as she lay semi-conscious in her car Sunday afternoon at the GNGH parking lot, her husband John went into the emergency department looking for help.
    He found a security guard.
    "He went inside the hospital and asked someone to please come out and get my wife. They said, 'We can't. Get her in a wheelchair,' " Morocco told her council colleagues.
    "He said, 'She's unconscious. I think she's barely breathing.' They said, 'Call an ambulance.' "

http://stcatharinesstandard.ca/Artic...true&e=3220944

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

not only did the staff not help but noone in the waiting room helped...I would of been there to help in a heartbeat.
    and my poor brother is still in the hospital, still has infection and some of his major organs are inflammed, doctor comes intomorrow, hopefully one more night of antibiotics will get the the he!! out of there.
    Last edited by WandaJean; Sat, Jul 23rd, 2011 at 10:10 PM.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

i heard about this to, I am so sorry Wanda Jean ..another person again... wtf? is someone going to have to die for things to change, its bloody pathetic.
    Hope your brother gets better soon hugs

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

It's everywhere. For the second time in months, somebody jumped off the fourth floor atrium *INSIDE* our hospital. Both times, an ambulance was called rather than the staff already there helping. Insane.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

accordiong to my friend who volunteered at the st caharines general , it has something to do with their insurance, union, etc, Me I don't care if I was at risk of losing my job I would of been there to help in a hearbeat, and I do not know about any of you but the GNGH is set up so that the triage and wating room are side by side, so if anyone went in panicing about so and so in car not breathing etc, there is no way it would not have been heard...not one person staff, patient etc helped, im sorry ranting still but my brother is still there and he is in bad health, and I fear for him, I hope he comes home today.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    I was just told this(was in newspaper), apparently a woman and her boyfriend went to the hospital(few months back I beleive), parked the car and the boyfriend went in to the hospital and asked for help to get her sick friend inside...they said to phone an ambulance ..can you freakin belive that?? She was on hospital property and they had to call an ambulance,
    It's pretty standard. Every hospital I know would say the same thing. What if on the way out the door, the doc slipped and fell and broke his leg or his head? How would the doc help them now? The fact is, paramedics are trained in assessing and moving patients to a hospital, hospitals are trained at helping those that come in their door.

It always raise an uproar when it happens. But if she was that sick, they could also have called an ambulance from home. The policy won't be changing.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I Know...from what my friend told/taught me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information