User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RegulusLeonis View Post
    I wasn't saying she shouldn't vent or be upset at all. I know from personal experience that sometimes you can get so upset over how someone has treated you that you can't see any other point of view, so I was pretty much being neutral about the whole thing.

That being said, I know how awful people can treat each other on BOTH sides of the argument (worked in customer service for 7 years, with a short stint as a cashier at Wal-Mart as a second job between management for Wendy's). That's really the only reason I brought it up at all.
    sorry, I was responding to the post above mine, it came across harsh to me and well.. once she calms down none of this matters, when you're upset, you just need to express that you're upset and be heard. Later logic and reason takes over and it all passes. You still believe the person had attitude but the intensity shifts...

I used to do seminars on customer service.. the reality is, its the staff's job to address the concerns of the customers in a respectful manner. If they believe they can't do what the customer desires, they should still respond in a respectful way and 'act as if they care' even if they don't.

Ie "I wish I could do more but unfortunately this is our policy and my hands are tied" or "Unfortunately I can't call head office because they aren't open at this time but if you leave your number I will get back to you." This dude fibbed and belitted her. He is not doing his job properly. He needs to leave the door open for 2 reasons, one being that he could actually be wrong and 2.. most important... a business should want their customers to come back.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Uggg. I had a cashier tell me at Walmart that the coupon SHOULD NOT apply to Trial sizes. I told her I was glad the coupon was not subject to " Shirley"'s opinion! She looked confused and applied it to my purchase.
    I am trying more and more to hold my coupons back till the whole transaction is rang through. It seems to give me less hassles.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

thanks guys for seeing what my point and vent was truly. I think as a community we should be allowed to vent and brag without judgement. I see alot of things that I at first would think was wrong, but putting myself in that situation tends to steer my mind from judgement.If you dont like my vent, pass over it. If I cant vent with you all, who can I vent with? also Ive been dealing with customer service for a long time.I was working with sprint usa call center, I was called names, I was put down, yelled at..bomb threats etc. but I had to stay professional, calm them down, deal with the underlying issue and make sure they are happy with my service and my attitude and most of all that they are still happy with sprint usa, because if not, thats 1 customer gone...and imagine if that happened 100 times a day? so walmart is the same thing..they will lose customers, they will lose reputation and go downhill from there..it starts with 1 person. anyways, thanks to those who seen what i was saying, you made my sunday better after all.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    Uggg. I had a cashier tell me at Walmart that the coupon SHOULD NOT apply to Trial sizes. I told her I was glad the coupon was not subject to " Shirley"'s opinion! She looked confused and applied it to my purchase.
    I am trying more and more to hold my coupons back till the whole transaction is rang through. It seems to give me less hassles.
    Lolll omgosh.. thats funny... it amazes me what they say and don't realise they are going against how their bosses expect them to behave. Walmart keeps their trial sizes well stocked and their policy with coupons and price matching is engineered to keep us coming back.

I had a lucky break at GT a few weeks ago , I spoke to the manager about how a cashier had responded the day before. I told her that couponers are treated as though we are trying to rip off the company, when we actually bring in more business. She said, oh I know, I'm the one that sends in all the coupons!! It was great!

I would never have thought to say what you said, and if I thought it, its highly unlikely I would have said it but my hat is off to you for saying it. It's unfortunate that it went over her head though.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I agree.. the vents allow us to blow off steam in a safe place and the brags keep our families safe because they really don't want to hear over and over how we made 1.48 by buying 1898 tins of shaving foam lol.. its fun to have a place to s hare it

AND when we 'brag' we educate.. I don't brag much but I have learned so very much from the brags of others.. I learn not to buy it just because I have a coupon, wait for sales, I learned about scop and got the deal of the week free and superstore today woOt.. I learned from the brags where the items I cant find are.. I learned where to find coupon policies, sometimes I learned what not to do as well... its a great group.. I'm happy to be part of it. I really appreciate what I've learned and I hope someone gets at least something back from me.

Quote Originally Posted by melodyagwu View Post
    thanks guys for seeing what my point and vent was truly. I think as a community we should be allowed to vent and brag without judgement. I see alot of things that I at first would think was wrong, but putting myself in that situation tends to steer my mind from judgement.If you dont like my vent, pass over it. If I cant vent with you all, who can I vent with? also Ive been dealing with customer service for a long time.I was working with sprint usa call center, I was called names, I was put down, yelled at..bomb threats etc. but I had to stay professional, calm them down, deal with the underlying issue and make sure they are happy with my service and my attitude and most of all that they are still happy with sprint usa, because if not, thats 1 customer gone...and imagine if that happened 100 times a day? so walmart is the same thing..they will lose customers, they will lose reputation and go downhill from there..it starts with 1 person. anyways, thanks to those who seen what i was saying, you made my sunday better after all.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

and a little fyi, the companys get paid for doing it.cents on dollars, it adds up, thats why london drugs is so willing to help most of the time

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

yeah I agree, when you have people judging your vents or brags, it makes you not want to share your experience at all, but Im bigger then that, I know that 99 % of this group are the best damn people in the world

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I stopped brag/vents becasue of the rude comments I got..... not worth it anymore

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh my word people, no one is saying you can't vent or judging your vents. And no one is saying there was no reason to vent. I think people (including me) are saying that perhaps the OP's "demands" were a little strong and were offering a little guidance in what one would expect after these sorts of situations. Saying you are "out for blood" or demanding parts of an employee's paycheck are not realistic expectations of how the situation would resolve itself and people were just trying to point that out to the OP.

OP, glad you got a resolution to your satisfaction.
    Last edited by Insane; Mon, Aug 1st, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Oh my word people, no one is saying you can't vent or judging your vents. And no one is saying there was no reason to vent. I think people (including me) are saying that perhaps the OP's "demands" were a little strong and were offering a little guidance in what one would expect after these sorts of situations. Saying you are "out for blood" or demanding parts of an employee's paycheck are not realistic expectations of how the situation would resolve itself and people were just trying to point that out to the OP.

OP, glad you got a resolution to your satisfaction.
    out for blood is obviously just a saying,and thanks for your feedback,and if you read it correctly, I didnt demand it coming from his paycheck, not once did I ask for that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information