User Tag List

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but make sure you check your receipts. I went today to Safeway to get a bill corrected. I did a little shopping then I went back to my car and noticed another error. So I went to customer service then had to go to the cashier to get the coupon that had been forgotten and got my bill corrected again!

With coupons and price adjustments you need to be vigilant and double check. I am surprised at how many errors I find. We take all of the time to save money and then we lose money due to cashier errors.

Another thing to watch is outdated sales ticket prices. Some stores will honor them and others won't. So you just waisted a coupon because you never would have bought it at regular price and you return it. I don't keep the items because they are more than I am willing to pay even with the coupon.

Just a couple of tips for newbies and reminders for those of us who get lazy sometimes.
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Thanks for the reminder

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

You're welcome

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I usually try to stop and check my receipt before I leave the store, always looking for a chance to SCOP.

Last week I was overcharged $8, because the cashier missed the 50% stickers and charged me twice for 1 item. It's so much easier to get the error fixed when you have all your purchases still with you in the store.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I try to remember but sometimes I forget. I hate going back to a store so you'd think it'd reinforce a good habit but sometimes after a long day I'm just thinking 'home, home, home'.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I got FREE Milk for checking my receipt Today. It scanned in at $4.57 instead of $4.37 so I got one for Free.

I also got some Kandoo Refill Shampoo on Clearance. That I was overcharged $1.50 ea. on 2 of them.

So checking my receipt saved me $7.77.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Even better is watching as it is rang up. Many many times I catch stuff right at the till.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I try to watch the register but I am always helping bag and making sure they use my re-useable bags. I have found so many errors lately it is ridiculous. I can't even think how much money I was losing before I started checking them.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I got charged twice for Pull-Ups at London Drugs one day, I was in a rush and didn't notice, but I went back and they were great about giving me my money back!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't forget the Scanning Code of Practise (SCOP) - it is one free of every SKU of product that rings up incorrectly

Thread Information